What's new

Direct64 v0.5.03.25

OP
Orkin

Orkin

d1R3c764 & g1|\|64 m4|<3R
Can anyone with a real N64 tell me if the lighting on Mario and Peach are right? I think I've figured out their fake, texture-based lighting here, but I'd like to be sure...

olivieryuyu

hmm i found a ss on ign64 but i don't know if it's at the right time (???)

another one from gamespot

i think your method could be good

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Orkin

Orkin

d1R3c764 & g1|\|64 m4|<3R
Thanks for the shots! It looks like I might have finally gotten it. :satisfied All it took was a little more software rendering...

Now if I can kill the remaining crashing bugs and the transparency problems, Paper Mario should pretty much be perfect! :cool:

Last edited:

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Orkin said:
There really isn't much disadvantage as half precision is still plenty for color blending, but GeForce FX users are probably the only ones that'll see much improvement since Radeons can handle floats in PSs much better, PS 1.x compile targets will likely compile down to using fixed point, and PS 3.0 targets can handle the floats without a problem.

I'll probably just leave it at half precision, as there is no discernable quality loss, and it will allow GeForce FX cards to run much better. Depending on how things go I might need more precision in the future though...(you can't do good per-pixel lighting, normal mapping, and parallax occlusion mapping in half precision)

:party:

Noxious Ninja

Are there any tutorials anywhere on producing normal maps? I assume you would dump the mesh in question, then add more detail, but I'm lost past there.

Reznor007

You could look at the Doom 3 SDK/editing tools. I think it has a normal map creator. Although trying to add normal mapping or bump mapping to an emulated game will be somewhat challenging as not all games use lights that would work with it very well.

amano

Wow. Great that N64 Gpu emulation has gathered some speed again now.

Paper Mario is next to perfect and Conker gets better with every release.

Can someone confirm the wrong textures in Castlevania 1 (see the intro tower on page 1, stone textures in the woods and rare wood textures when stepping over rocks)?

amano

Hmm. From your comment I guess that you see these things as well.

I don't know if a hack will solve the texture issue. I justed wanted to know if this is a bad ROM, a driver issue or just a plugin glitch (because no one commented on this before)

Donppa

After I download it and extract it, then open p64 and go to settings and there comes these two error messages(pictures...). I'd really like to play Paper Mario without that fu**ing flickering!

I have already tried re-installing p64 and direct64.

JinXD

I'm guessing that you need to install the latest directX for the plugin to work, judging by the error messages anyway!

EDIT: Actually PsyMan is right, see below.....

Last edited:

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
There is a file named "d3dx9_24.dll" that comes together with the plugin. Make sure to place this file in the directory of the emulator (not in the plugins directory). You'll be fine after that.

Donppa

Thanks! I'll go try that out!

Don't know about the graphical appearance then but.. When i open the ROM, ok until when the 'Press START' comes. when i press it, it gets jammed... I've tried both 1964 and p64

E:Typo

deathace

Hey is anyone able to use this plugin with PJ64 fullscreen no problem? I get flickering all over the place and I can still see my cursor fullscreen.

Donppa

gandalf said:
wich game?
Paper Mario.

E: Seems with first look that new Jabo's with 1.6 is gonna work! I'm gonna be right back if it doesn't...

And here I am... Flickers still! ROM browser says its OK, Playable!.. I hate it! Help please!

Persephone

deathace said:
Hey is anyone able to use this plugin with PJ64 fullscreen no problem? I get flickering all over the place and I can still see my cursor fullscreen.

Same problem here :down:

Noxious Ninja

Is glN64 officially dead now, or is it just in limbo?

Also, do you have any plans for releasing the Direct64 source at any point?