What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

SM64 "Cel Shade" Texture Pack

lpjunior999

So how exactly do I load these textures? I have Rice's Video Plugin, I'm searching the forum, I'm clicking everything that seems relevant, I can't figure it out.

The_Z

"The_A"
:plain:
http://www.emutalk.net/high-resolut...help-thread-djipis-also-federellis-packs.html

First you need Rice's video plugin that can be found HERE (beta 10 & BMGlib)

If you are using project64 or 1964 emus then you need to make a folder in the main emu folders, plugin folder (now i see why someone hasn't explained this lol) called hires_texture and in that one, another called, The Legend of Zelda.

IE:

C:\Program Files\Project64 1.6\Plugin\hires_texture\The Legend of Zelda

For world textures like the early release of Kokiri Forest u need to add the Kokiri Forest folder to a folder in the legend of Zelda folder named WORLD TEXTURES

IE:

C:\Program Files\Project64 1.6\Plugin\hires_texture\The Legend of Zelda\World Textures\Kokiri Forest

Also in this folder you can place other locations like Fire Temple and Hyrule Castle.....

HUD textures go in a folder in the main, "The Legend of Zelda" folder called HUD

IE

C:\Program Files\Project64 1.6\Plugin\hires_texture\The Legend of Zelda\HUD

This is talking about Zelda, but other games will work too.

EmuFan

Emulation Fanatic
I hate it when people ask that question....I know, it´s been a month, but you got to remember that they have a life outside this project, so you can´t ecpect them to upload everyday, or once a week. Look at pj64, it took 2 1/2 year before 1.6 was finished. You just have to be patient. It si NOT dead until they say it´s dead.

HiReZ92

I am currently using the textures and wanted to know if there is a download that makes Mario himself cel shaded.

If so how

Sirmatto

HiReZ92 said:
I am currently using the textures and wanted to know if there is a download that makes Mario himself cel shaded.

If so how
Short answer: not currently and probably not ever

HiReZ92

How come in the previous screenshots Mario and Koopa are cel shaded? So there is no cell shaded mario in the texture pack currect?

attachment.php

Last edited:

mdtauk

Zelda Hi-Res Texturer
ok here is the Long Answer:

There was a member on these forums called Orkin, who was working on a special plugin which made cel-shading possible on the N64 emulator.

Since around November December, last year, he has practically vanished and so we all now asume his project is dead and done with.

Its a real shame, but that is the way of things. He didnt make his source code public so there is no real chance of someone else working on it...