What's new

Helping all the newbies with girigiri

wizo5454

Guide to girigiri (helpful for newbies)

Here's a hand. Up to now dont bother trying anything else than Giri-Giri. (still check out SSF or Satourn for updates) I dont know if many ppl know, but Cassini is a pure hack version of girigiri that spies on your computer and *tries* to give that information to a server: just check out the irunin.ini file.

Now for the Giri help.

1-Get girigiri, extract it. Get loader, extract it in girigiri folder. Get glaunch.exe, put it in your girigiri folder. Same thing for segacuemaker.exe Check that you have all the files needed.

2- Get the saturn Bios files. Check that the file is named Bios.bin. Put it in your Girigiri folder (some vers. needs to be named euro.bin but thats not common)

3-For some reason the emulator Run CD is a pain in the a**. GLAUNCH.exe is a lot easier to use. Just put the .bin and .cue file (Saturn rom file) in the girigiri folder. (3a 3b-explains how to get a full .bin .cue file out of the iso/mp3 files). Dont try to run the game from the loader.exe, if you are a newbie just PLZ dont. Ill explain how to load.

3a-Once you get the iso/mp3, convert all mp3 files to wave files. Then use segacuemaker nameoftheiso.iso and name the created .cue file. Ex: c:\saturn\segacuemaker panzer.iso
Use DAEMON with the .cue file (the one from segacuemaker) -> Mount the .cue file to get the saturn game on your virtual drive.
**wav files and iso needs to be in the same dir as segacuemaker**

3b-after you have the iso/wave file on your virtual drive, just extract .bin .cue files in your girigiri folder with CDRWin or MagicISO ex:panzer.bin, panzer.cue

4- You MUST have a toc.bin in your Girigiri folder. Make it from gentoc.exe file. Here's how to use it: open DOS command prompt, go in your gentoc dir and write down :"gentoc -b nameofyourcuefile.cue" ex:"gentoc -b panzer.cue"

MORE INFO: From the last step you will get a toc.bin file. That file tell girigiri what roms you want to load. WITHOUT TOC.BIN, THE EMULATION WILL NOT WORK (You will have to repeat step 4 if you wanna change games)

5-Open up your base.ini and and change the AREA=? to whatever language the iso is. ex: game from Japan => AREA=1, USA=> AREA=4, Brazil=> AREA=5,
Euro=> Area=12. If your area doesnt match the iso you loaded, the emulation WILL NOT WORK.

TO GET THE GAME LANGUAGE: Open loader.exe -> Emu tools -> Show info -> select .cue to get the game language. Try to load .cue made with the segacuemaker not the one created by CDrwin of MagicISO

I HAVE CHECKed THESE LAST 5 STEPS, I AM NOW READY TO LAUNCH THE GAME, HOW DO I DO IT? :term:

With:GLAUNCH.exe
Make sure, REALLY SURE, toc file is created, language is ok, and that the game (.bin and .cue) file is in your girigiri folder.
Double click glaunch.exe, setup up the basic stuff, controls, graphics, then click the big white image with "Click me to run game" TADDAAMMMM!!.

OR With:Loader.exe
Make sure, REALLY SURE, toc file is created, language is ok, and that the game (.bin and .cue) file is in your girigiri folder.
Mount the .cue file from after you've extracted to image from your virtual drive or the .cue file from the game.rar archive, open loader.exe, uncheck Autochoose boxes and Force region, Select CDROM drive : virtual drive, set the proper language, click Run CD.

Reasons you cant get anything to run:

1- You do not have a toc.bin file, solution:create it with gentoc.exe -b filename.cue

P.S:make sure the filename.cue isnt longer than 8 characters. It can cause bugs. To do so, rename both the .cue .bin files. Then open up the .cue file and change the name of the binary file to what you renamed .bin file.

ex: Shining force 3 (scenario 1)(Vers 3).bin and Shining force 3 (scenario 1)(Vers 3).cue. Rename both files so you get ShiningF3.bin and ShiningF3.cue. Then open up ShiningF3.cue and change
FILE "SHINING FORCE 3 (SCENARIO 1)(VERS 3).BIN" BINARY
TRACK 01 MODE1/2352
INDEX 01 00:00:00
TRACK 02 AUDIO
PREGAP 00:02:00
INDEX 01 23:14:14
to
FILE "SHININGF3.BIN" BINARY
TRACK 01 MODE1/2352
INDEX 01 00:00:00
TRACK 02 AUDIO
PREGAP 00:02:00
INDEX 01 23:14:14

2- When you open up the base.INI, either your language is not properly set
or your file looks like

DISK1TOC=C:\Documents and Settings\wow\is\this\far\intomycomp\toc.bin
DISK1IMG=LEGEND.BIN

instead of
DISK1TOC=.\TOC.BIN
DISK1IMG=LEGEND.BIN
Solution:run gentoc.exe -b filename.cue again

3-You cant get loader.exe to open a iso/mp3 you get a DISC UNSUITABLE or OPEN DRIVE message error. Solution1:Try to load the game using the loader.exe method Solution2: **I only use Glaunch.exe to run my games in .bin .cue file format because all you need is click the big white image.**

4-Your .bin .bue is not proprely created. refer to step 3a and 3b.

5-You cant run gentoc.exe because you dont have it, it dissapeared?
Solution:get the latest loader. Open up loader.exe -> Emu tools -> Give me tools-> select dir you want gentoc.exe to be extracted.

6-Gentoc gives you an error. The .bin .cue files of the game are not in you girigiri folder
Solution: errr.....move em, relaunch gentoc

7-The emulator doesnt work with the XXXXX. Solution:Check your game.dat with wordpad or whatever, if the game's not there, try another game ;o)

FILES YOU NEED TO GET THE FREAKING SATURN TO RUN ON YOUR PC:

*the basic girigiri package, gsaturn.exe with all the files. (game.dat, Base.ini and dll files)

*Loader.exe from the latest loader

*Glaunch.exe -> this is usually the main problem

*segacuemaker.exe

WHERE DO I GET THOSE FILES???

Google it my friends!!!

*Update*
HELP: Mounting a virtual drive

Get DAEMON tools, install it, reboot.
Right-click the lightning icon -> Virutal drive -> Mount image -> select a .iso or .cue file

anything missing? add it up

other questions? ill be checking this forum for a couple of days

Why am I so nice? I have spare time.

P.S: if anyone got astal to work plz e-mail me : [email protected]

Last edited:

Guru64

I did everything in your guide and I get the same result as last time in tried Suturn emulation... I give up...

OP
W

wizo5454

heh well, have you considered the option that the rom is another language than USA or that the the rom file could be not ripped the correct way?

Do you get to the bios screen?

Guru64

Doesn't matter... I deleted all Saturn stuff and I won't try Saturn emulation again until the new version of Satourne is released. Thanks anyway.

noals

thx for the tuto

edit : shining force 3 run well with the help of this tuto
thx again ^^

Last edited: