What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

_pm_'s Diddy Kong Racing High res textures

F

Fanatic 64

I want to have the Tiptup und Banjo texture :(

It's unlikely you'll get it, specially since this thread is over 5 years old.

EDIT: The download link still works. Why you don't just download it?

rizz768

Bumping this thread with a little update, replaced 8/10 of the character icons, which can be seen at the end of a race. T.T and the Rooster aren't included as I don't have them dumped yet. This download has a couple other little things in it as well. :(|)

Before
r08Wv.png

After
OOLPr.png

Attachments

• DiddyKongRacing_Icons_etc_Updt2.rar
    2 MB · Views: 175
Last edited:

rizz768

This logo is only aligned properly with a resolution of 1024x768 (within the emulator), any lower or higher causes it to break apart by a single pixel. This is caused by the way I had to trim them, I can't understand the original overlap used, so I rigged it to align properly in a different manner (stretching and shrinking the edges until it fit properly, because I did this in 1024x768, it seems to be the only supported resolution, hehe. It works in full screen mode and windowed though. This looks great with the Glide plugin, also works with the Mudlord plugin, as long as the proper resolution is used.

wrF3NCZ.jpg

I'll eventually figure out how to work around this overlap issue, I just wish I had high quality originals to enlarge and see what the deal is around the edges. :ermm:

Attachments

• DKRLogo.zip
    273.8 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
F

Fanatic 64

This looks really great! Good thing I play 4:3 games in 1024x768 resolution anyway (my screen is 1366x768, and since my screen/graphics chip won't stretch that resolution, I get a nice pillarboxed 1:1 fullscreen resolution :D)

rizz768

Glad you guys like it, I thought I'd clarify that this is only the internal resolution of the emulator, not the desktop resolution of your computer.

Small update here, this will replace the TM sign beside the logo, as well as clear up the text on the Rareware logo during the intro, and the Nintendo logo seen on the beach sand. This includes the DKR logo as well so this is just a direct replacement of the folder.

Attachments

• DKRLogo_TMUpdate.zip
    339.7 KB · Views: 333

Brian4534

I really wish this project was more complete. My wife LOVES Diddy Kong Racing so she was happy to find out we could emulate it. I thought I'd try to find a good texture pack for it but this was all I came across. It will do though hehe =) You guys have done good work on what you've done.