What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

JDs SM64 Texture Pack

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Doe

Here's my first texture pack - it does not include any environment textures (i guess, you can already find a lot of packs on this board for this kind of textures)... but it includes the following:
  • a reworked background and other stuff for the start screen
  • all colored numbers, some letters and a few symbols in hires
  • recreated symbols for the coins, lifes and camera position - briefly: all symbols on the game screen
  • a new glove pointer
  • a reworked power bar (but just with a very small improvement compared to my first creation, which can be found in cloudscape's thread)
  • a recreated course pic
  • some new blending masks (including Mario, Bowser and the star mask)
  • new Mario hires textures
  • maybe some other stuff i can't remember :p
Hope you'll enjoy it...

Last edited:
OP
John Doe

John Doe

Kolano said:
You seem to have some duplicate textures between your zips.
Which ones (maybe i could make the whole package smaller)?
As i know: only the glove textures are "doubled". That's cause SM64 seems to use two different textures therefor: one pair for those gloves on the start screen (where you can grab the parts of Mario's face and pull on them) and another one for those on the save/load screen...

Kolano

There are a whole bunch.

Here are a few...
SUPER MARIO 64#6F32A4FB#0#2
SUPER MARIO 64#6CA78364#0#2
SUPER MARIO 64#7AB277B8#0#2

...but there are many more. After writing down about 10 duplicates I got tired of doing so. Just unpack the one zip over the other and note the ones it says its overwriting.

Also you are including the _a, _rgb, and _all textures, when all you need to include is the _all.

And one request, think you could work on the coin textures? Your one for the status bar is great. All you'd need for the in-play ones would be a side on version (which is basically just a gradient) and the frontal version (plus some color modifications for the red coins).

Thanks for your great work so far :happy:

Last edited:
OP
John Doe

John Doe

Oh... now i see: you meant there are dublicates between this one and the zips from the cloudscape thread - that's no accident, that's definitely purpose. So i should have say it from the beginning:
My Texture-Pack in this thread contains all my textures from the cloudscape thread plus some new ones and some improved ones.
I couldn't remember all the changed files - so i included all.

I have to admit: when i start to creating the textures, i didn't know that it's working fine with only the *_all files in the texture folder. That's because i "delivered" the first files with all the *_a and *_rgb stuff. Now i know better. But there were just a few textures which didn't work accurate with only the *_all files (maybe just for me :huh: ) - so i took all files (or in some points: just the needed ones). Again: i couldn't remember which of the *_all textures didn't work well without the *_a and/or *_rgb files - so i included all i had.

Well... i seem to be forgetful... but i'm only lazy :p .

Last edited:

e2zippo

Very nice, only the letters and some courses left now! :)
I especially like the new background in the "mario face intro"

Harlay

What's happend with my backgroud?
I had disabled the "Alternative texture size calculation".
It's dosn't effect If I don't disabled it.
My system is XP SP2, DX9, FX5600.

Last edited:

Kolano

That appears to be the texture included in hizoka10's texture pack.

Someone really needs to start doing some alignment between texture packs (where the authors allow) selecting the best availible textures from each.

Harlay

Thanks a lot.
I have found two set of backgroud files in different folder.
Now it is pretty nice.

corazon912

I couldn't find any mention of this error so I am not sure how to fix. I'm trying to use hi-res textures with SM64 using Rice's plugin 6.1.0 on 1964
It seems to work fine, except the HUD doesn't show. Well actually there are a few pixels but you can't possibly make out what it is. It occurs on the beginning screen as well - Press Start is nearly invisible.
I have un-checked use "Alternate Texture size calculation". I am not sure what other settings are needed.
I am using JDs texture pack together with cloudscapes.
graphics card is VIA/S3G UniChrome IGP 64mb

mongo51983

Zelda Maniac!!!
I can't get the Super Mario 64 Background Texture to load, what am I doing wrong? I installed the textures from the pack and it's not loading.

schmo

do i unzip these files in this folder:

...\plugin\hires_texture\SUPER MARIO 64\?

edit: nevermind, figured how to enable textures

Last edited:

Bandit82

I can't get the Super Mario 64 Background Texture to load, what am I doing wrong? I installed the textures from the pack and it's not loading. - I also have this error. :(

Fusiodine

N64 Texture Designer
Hello everyone as you all probably can tell i'm new but, i have a few requests/questions. The files on John Doe's first post in this thread are not working for me they're giving me a hassle about being corrupt. Can anyone please post them again or give me a fresh link to more updated ones, if not could anyone send me an e-mail containing them.Thanks a bunch.:happy:

Nevermind i finally found them they were in Cloudscape's Thread for Super Mario 64, oh and great job by the way.:happy:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.