What's new

Website / Audio WIP information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azimer

Emulator Developer
Keep in mind, my website is down right now. I believe the the Domain Name expired. I will likely just move it to apollo.emulation64.com to save the site some money if there is room on their DNS. Otherwise, it's time to find a new home. Either way, I am going to make a small audio update soon of some odds and ends I've been working on. I will post it on the website or here (if needed). The new site isn't coming along well, so I will revert back to the old one at that time too.

Last edited:

Martin

Administrator
Renewed for another 2 years. I also renewed dreamemu.net for another 2 years. Both should work like before in 24-48 hours. :)

Gorxon

Administrator
Martin said:
I also renewed dreamemu.net for another 2 years.

Now THAT is a waste of money :p

Joking aside, nice that you're still working on the audio Azimer

Poobah

MasterPhW said:
Be happy, that ther's a new version and wait for the release... :p

I am happy that there's a new release. I'd still like to know if he fixed that problem though...

OP
Azimer

Azimer

Emulator Developer
Reversed audio is fixed. Sorry for lack of response. My life got uprooted and I am in the process of moving. I am still planning on the release and some subsequent fix releases so it's the next best version rather than a half-arsed release when it goes on the website. I felt badly that some of the prior releases were not as good as I wished.

OP
Azimer

Azimer

Emulator Developer
Just thought a little update might be in order.

As you know the reversed audio is fixed. However, the current audio code is based on PJ 1.4 Audio Fix version. I wonder if it's better to leave it like this or try to make it as compatible with PJ 1.5 as I possibly can. Another solution is to see if zil will allow me to create a custom 1.5 executable for distribution. Any suggestions welcome.

Some of the current issues I've been working on is Golden Eye's missing audio, optimizations, and adding flexibility to the audio plugin. If anyone finds strange audio in any game, please let me know.

Also, if anyone knows of a way to see if an audio signal is dolby encoded, let me know. I am really confused why a previous audio plugin release was dolby capable while the recent ones are not. I am beginning to wonder if I need to set something in DirectSound or if I need to send the audio a specific way.

olivieryuyu

ok i know a game that you should look a bit if you have time: Top Gear Rally (and may be Stunt Racer and World driver championship)

it's a Boss Games studio. All Boss Games studio have problem with sound because i think that they are using a different way either to use sound or because they have developed their own audio system .

I think also that timings are causing a lot of problems in those games and at least with Top gear Rally the sound is nearly correct with your Audio fix.

But the sound in game is very strange: i think their is two main channels in this game: one for music, one for the car and so on sounds. Playing with timings help a lot to get better sound (in fact having sound) (check PM to understand what i mean by this) but with the RSP of PJ64 1.5 (or 1.6 as PJ 1.6 is out) the music channel seems to messing up.

it's as if the two channels didn't succeed to mix them up correctly or something like that (i'm unsure of that of course .... )

well that is just empiric test but may be it would be nice to see that

BTW here a list of the Boss Game studio:

Stunt Racer 64, Top Gear Rally, Twisted Edge Extreme Snowboarding, World Driver Championship.

As you can see all those have major problems with audio or core/audio problem.

Twisted Edge Extreme Snowboarding: no sound

Top Gear Rally: only working with Audiofix edition and sound is not very good

Stunt Racer 64 and World Driver Championship: doesn't pass the first screen whatever i tried : i think it's a core/audio problem(to have gfx use Rice video plugin)

PS: with Audiofix 2 i think it' s abit better (??)

Last edited:

Persephone

Hello Azimer,
Regarding the fact that PJ64 1.6 seems to be a good emulator, i think the best is trying to make your plugin as compatible and optimized as possible with PJ64 1.6, like you suggested. It should make good results.

Spacy

Nice :)
At the moment, your plugin prevents to speed up the game (deactivating speed limiter). It would be nice, if your plugin wouldn't always limit the speed, because I use this feature very often.

olivieryuyu

i bought recently Top gear Rally and i noticed that moreover the problem i described above about the mix of the "channels" there is some missing sound sometimes (or i didn't notice them with the emulator). i will try to see if i can record the sound and do an mp3 with it (if i succeed i'm quite unsure i'll succeed) and of course if you want to hear how it should be (???)

;)

BTW: i asked to Zilmar if he can provide PJ 1.5/1.6 source code to you in order to improve your AudioFix

here is his answer:

http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?p=267209#post267209

Hope now all will be fine :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.