What's new

Help plz (All kinds of .dll needed?)

sharpex

I found Soul Calibur 2 today and I wanted to play it, so I downloaded this emulator. Looks promising, but it doesn't work here.

My computer is able to handle it seeing the specs (i have radeon 9800 pro and athlon 64 3200+ with 512 DDR RAM)

The following happends.

I select the directory where the GCM is located.
The GCM shows with some text and I double click on it.

I get 3 times this error: "PSE in HID2 isn't set."

Then I try to go to config - Plugins. and it says it needs some d3d9.dll. So i download that and it says it has an error in DDRAW.dll, so i get that too and then it has a final error in KERNEL32.dll, which doesn't dissapear on downloading the damn thing. :term:

So far i got zero in my screen and a bunch of errors.

What am i doing wrong? :plain:
(Btw, im downloading tales of sympohnia now, maybe that'll work.. but im just checking here if its the emulator doing something wrong)

maxim(L2)

*removed*

ps, put dlls , into the system 32 folder,
ps2 kernal32, is a bad dll to replace >.>, mean lots bad thing, try reinstalling windows

Last edited by a moderator:

Pky

Kernel is like the heart of the Windows(pc), i would say it has a problem with your pc , but the stats look OK.

My computer is able to handle it

It may be powerful your pc, more than mine, my friend, but because the computer is a machine that can do a lot of things as chat or this need more capacity than a gamecube that only works to make a game work.

Good luck there

Knuckles

for the "PSE in HID2 isn't set" , I have no ideas, no one got that problem so far before you...

for the d3d9.dll and DDRAW.DLL ones , install DirectX9 from the microsoft website (as RJARRRPCGP said). Also, make you you have the latest Catalyst (ATI video drivers) installed on your system.

for the KERNEL32.dll, it's the main core of the operating system, if you get such an error, it's prolly because you're are using an unsupported OS by the emu, what OS are you using? XP? 2000? 9x?... 2003?. afaik, dolphin should only run on 2000/XP, it doesn't work under a 9X/ME system, never tested over the 2003 family or a 64bits system.

OP
S

sharpex

Thank you for your help, I've got it to work with installing directx 9.0c.

The PSE in HID.. error still comes 3 times, but the game works normally after that.

Xcept for the speed... I've got a very decent computer, but the game is running below <1 fps mostly.. thats just no way to play a fighting game..

I know i can probably search this in the forums, but since im typing:
Is there some settings or another easy way to get the game faster?

Thanks.

Clements

No PC available can run Dolphin fullspeed in these games with any degree of tweaking. You'll have to buy a GC to play the game.

JinXD

Options > Ignore unimplemented opcodes

That should get rid of that The PSE in HID errors. There are no settings to make the emu run faster, other than enabling Dynarec which will lower compatability.....

Last edited:
OP
S

sharpex

Wow that enabling Dynarec works great. It runs 60 fps now instead of <1 :phone:

But the game doesn't work very well so far.. I didn't play a single battle. :plain:

- the graphics in the menu's are gray and not nice, im hardly unable to tell where to go.

- The game just gets stuck whenever I try to play arcade/training or other forms of battle. (just does nothing anymore)

- The emulator quits when I try to do the first battle of weapon master mode.

- sometimes when i start the game I get a bunch of errors: "unknown opcode (0x1)", "unknown opcode (0x5)" and "unknown opcode (0xf)"
:huh:

Btw: is there no way to save data on the emulator? (like save states as the snes emulators do)

Last edited:

Pky

Damn, wtf, i don't know why the new people don't read the another post or threads: THERE'S NO WAY TO MAKE IT WORK VER FAST AS THE SNES and i posted this in the third post

It may be powerful your pc, more than mine, my friend, but because the computer is a machine that can do a lot of things as chat or this need more capacity than a gamecube that only works to make a game work.

You're expecting to much for this early emulator

- The game just gets stuck whenever I try to play arcade/training or other forms of battle. (just does nothing anymore)

It crashes, it has a lot of crashes in a lot of games.
And not, you can't save the game, they said that they will put the save function in the next version.
Damn, always when they fix their problem and test their games, the come and ask the same question...

Last edited:

DOGG

Listen guy. You came here asking DLL questions. They have been answered before. You then asked about making the game run faster (FPS). This has also been answered. Countless times. NOW you expect the emulator to run the game PERFECTLY?

I don't care how new you are to dolphin. Looking at a few screenshots, threads on this board, COMPATIBILITY THREAD, etc, it's dead set obvious that the thing is far from perfect.

People like you really get my goat.

OP
S

sharpex

Good, thank you for sharing that with me:p

The emulator looks like its more ready than it seems to be.

Since its version 1.2, and not 0.2, and since it looks nice;)

Guess i was wrong. Still this emulator at least gives me screen, all the others don't.

I hope the Dolphin team will make it perfect:)

Thanks you all, you can close this post.

Gladiac0190

Knuckles said:
... never tested over the 2003 family or a 64bits system.

It definitely works on 2003 since it is the same as xp with sp1 with more serverstuff and less colorshit. I tried it :D.