What's new

Zelda MM

Slimer

Zelda MM used to work fine on P64 with Jabo 1.4. However last time I played everytime there was a cut scene or I used Z targetting a black area blocked out part of the top of the screen (This is not the widescreen effect that is supposed to occur). I have tried fiddling with the graphics options but can't figure it out. I have supplied a screenshot of this problem and would apreciate any solutions.

OP
S

Slimer

No, This is how the game appears on screen during cut scenes and Z targetting. Like I said However, it is a neew problem the game use to run fine. I have tried Uninstaling/ Reinstalling PJ64 to no avail. It might be helpful for you to know that the same issue arrises in 1964 which I have Installed recently (could this have caused the problem) which leads me to hypothesise that the problem is to do with the Plugin (Jabo 1.4)

Smiff

Emutalk Member
im still not clear on the problem, is it that youre missing the bottom of the screen? is this a PAL rom?

OP
S

Slimer

The Roms name is 'Legend of Zelda 2 - Majora's Mask (E) [!].z64' so yes I think its pal. The problem is the black border (top) which blocks out part of the cut scene, In game play. It is comprised of one large area a tiny gap where the game screen is visible then another small black area instead of a black area at the top and one at the bottom. If there was some way I could restore my original config I assume this problem would go. But as I said I have tried Un/Re installing

Smiff

Emutalk Member
well that can happen by choosing a bad resolution (try 640x480) or by using FSAA (try turning it off) OR perhaps by not correcting the resolution (try updated RDB file).

OP
S

Slimer

What Is FSAA and how do I turn it on/off. I have tried changing the resolutions and I assum I have the latest RDB file as it comes with PJ64 Vs 1.4

Smiff

Emutalk Member
no its the one on my site. BTW, its funny that you notice that line but not that youre missing 1/5 of the screen.

OP
S

Slimer

Cheers It works. Also I was wondering if i can get that rdb file to work on 1964 as I have an ancient machine and zelda mm runs faster on that emulator.

OP
S

Slimer

Excellent that works to. Just one last enquiry before I let you get along with your day. Is it possible to use PJ64 save files under 1964 and if yes how? Thank you for all time on this matter.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
1964 can import/export PJ states and native saves should just need to be renamed between the two.

Ogy

3Dfx Fanatic.
you should know silmer, that even if it looks good now, you will still have gfx problems as long as you're using the (E) rom (e.g the bomberman's notebook)if you can, get the NTSC version

Mayco

i have a problem to. I mean the line in top of the screen. I am using the USA version, and it is a perfect rom [!]

TrueZxC

I have been having a few graphics problems as well. as i have shown in the picture some parts of the graphics are covered up by black boxes??
anyone have any ideas on this??

PS i know this is not Zelda MM it is Zelda Ocarina Of Time but i have the same problems with most games

-------------------------------------------------------

1Ghz AMD Thunderbird
640Mb RAM
ATI Radeon 8500 64Mb DDR RAM
Creative Labs Live 5.1

Last edited:

TrueZxC

thanks
it is a lot better now. now just got to sort out the little jumps in the sound?? i think my sound card is nearly dead :angry:

-------------------------------------

1Ghz AMD Thunderbird
640Mb RAM
Creative Labs Live 5.1

B*A*G*G

Emutalk Member... sorta
use jabo's directsound plugin and enable "synch game to audio"
it will lock the game around 58 fps (depending on you cpu it might dip a little) and that should get rid of the cracking sounds.

TrueZxC

again thanks,
i think i took it off that plugin when i was trying to get the graphics right for some reason, i was at some times topping 200fps inbetween menus in some games though.
Now if i could only find one of those adaptorsto plug the N64 joypad into my PC i would be laughing :)

--------------------------------------------------

1Ghz AMD Thunderbird
640Mb RAM
Creative Labs Live 5.1

Jeri Katou

i have a prob 2 i get a Exception error it sometimes happens but sometimes it doesn't and the sound is choppy and the graphic are horrible i only see the title menu thats it the rest is a grey thing and i can't see anything:pissed: :pj64: