What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Beta version 6.1.1 beta10

Mojo Man!!!

texture thief
Rice, the only reason I say that is because in your 6.1.1 version I've found a way to get past your 4x limitation. :happy: One example of a texture that would benifit the most from a retexture is the grass in hyrule field of LOZ:OOT. With no size limit I have resized it from 32x32 to 1024x1024.
Over kill you may say? Well, maybe but if you can't take it just resize it yourself. Thanks Rice! :icecream:

Last edited:

wichoxp

wichobot's 2nd. name
W O O O W !!!

Rice, the only reason I say that is because in your 6.1.1 version I've found a way to get past your 4x limitation. One example of a texture that would benifit the most from a retexture is the grass in hyrule field of LOZ:OOT. With no size limit I have resized it from 32x32 to 1024x1024
That's amazing!!!
Let's celebrate:
:party:
Could you try to make some 32x or 64x textures?

Amon_Knives

Film Student
Those textures are just simple internet made textures, because I have found the same ones in my internet travels... anyways, how do you get them more than 4x? Everyone is saying you can but I can't figure out how.

Mojo Man!!!

texture thief
Amon_Knives said:
Those textures are just simple internet made textures, because I have found the same ones in my internet travels... anyways, how do you get them more than 4x? Everyone is saying you can but I can't figure out how.

It is not hard at all, but you have to use Rice's video 6.1.1; no beta 6,8, or 10 will work. Just take the texture you want to resize and scale it up to 4x. Then copy that image and paste it as a copy. Edit the copy how you like, at any resolution. Then rename the 4x sized texture to something like 4xLegend of Zelda... It doesn't really matter. Then rename your Ultra Hi-Res to that of the original.
Note: Directx only displays textures up to 1024x1024 correctly, but ogl will display any size as far as I know.
Here is some textures I've made so far.
The only downside of these extreme textures is that they are rather large. :plain:

ddsshocker

'Demon' Dave Shocker
help?

this maybe out of context but i have a big problem when using the rice plug in and the beta on i try togo to setting to use the rice pluging and i get this.

[IMAGE]http://www.geocities.com/ewf_demon/error.bmp[/IMAGE]

_pm_

Pathetic Member
ddsshocker said:
this maybe out of context but i have a big problem when using the rice plug in and the beta on i try togo to setting to use the rice pluging and i get this.

[IMAGE]http://www.geocities.com/ewf_demon/error.bmp[/IMAGE]
Make sure the 'msvcp71.dll' file is located in your PJ64 folder.

Last edited:

Mojo Man!!!

texture thief
Rice, how about a tab under rom properties that allows you to select a sub-folder to load the hires textures from. For example C:...\Super Mario 64\Cartoon textures or C:...\Super Mario 64\Cloudscapes Pack

Last edited:

MorpheusEternal

This is wierd:

Nothing has changed over the last few weeks, but now I'm suddednly getting an error when I EXIT Pj64, using either Rice 6.10c or Rice 6.1.1 b 8 or b10.

The games all play nicely, but when I end emulation and hit the close button it says Pj's caused and error in nvogl.dll, and then another box pops up and says it referenced memory at 0000000 or so.

This error is not there with the Direct plugin..

Any help?

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
There is a known problem with PJ64 with OGL plugins. PJ64 closes the ROM in another thread and the plugin won't be able to clean up used OGL resources.

MorpheusEternal

Thanks mate!

The error didn't cause any problems with Pj or the computer.

Is it Pj 1.6 only, or all recent versions? Seems strange that it's only just started here for me..

eXentric

There is no spoon.
I've got a performance question here, and I am on beta 10.

My laptop is an Inspiron XPS Gen 2. It has a 2Ghz proc and a 6800 Ultra in it. I run Mario64 at 1600 x 1200 (display is native 1900 x 1200). With this configuration I manage 30 FPS solid.

However, even though I'm getting a solid 30 FPS, while walking around in Mario64 I notice that the camera sometimes jumps around. It's pretty random, but happens more often when there is a lot going on.

Now, I run with frame limit off and sync to audio on. If I turn sync to audio off and frame limit on it seems to get even worse. I played with EVERYTHING and then finally managed to fix it. Oddly enough, changing the presentation mode from 'Flip' to 'Copy' took care of the problem all together. Copy is much slower then Flip right? What could possibly be making this happen?

Since I've changed this setting I haven't had any problems, and I get more then enough performance to leave it set to Copy. But I just throught I should bring it up. Rice: If you'd like me to try and capture a sample clip, I can do it.

Cheers, and thanks for such an excellent plugin

eXe

Shibb

The Peoples Champ
i was going to start work on my retexturing of mm as seen posted in muh muhs thread, their is a major problem i am facing. Using rices plugin (non beta) 6.1.0c with default settings and the version of the game, im running into some major problems. For some reason whether im using 1964 or project64 their are major slow downs im talking 18 to 24 fps, which puzzles me, this happens on no other game ive tested, oot, mario, ssb, goldeneye, none of them give me problems just mm, first i used my tweaked settings for better quality rendering and such, then i reinstalled the plugin and the emus, clearing the registry of it all as well to no avail. The rom runs fine with jabos video (1.6.8 i think), im using the latest catalyst drivers. using directx 9c, and i havent tested the problem with opengl. edit: all versions i have tried of mm dont work properly (running roughly 18 to 24 fps) and [e] and [e] (m4). any help is greatly apperciated thx.

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
In the current rom option with the video plugin, you want to disable the frame buffer options, and also try to disable big BG.

scareCrow

I have a question. I was working on the sky for Zelda Ocarina of Time using Beta6 as I was stupid enough not to realise their was later versions.

Anyway the sky is very demanding as each state is cut into 48 differant textures. The way in which you enter a area changes the texture it uses so one texture out of the night sky will have

THE LEGEND OF ZELDA#2D893894#2#1#17AB5A55_ciByRGBA.png (loaded if player waits)
THE LEGEND OF ZELDA#2D893894#2#1#E8746776_ciByRGBA.png (loaded coming in and out of area)
THE LEGEND OF ZELDA#2D893894#2#1#BA1D73F5_ciByRGBA.png (loaded if you enter a section without loading other area that has an atmospheric effect)
THE LEGEND OF ZELDA#2D893894#2#1#AFDF555E_ciByRGBA.png (nfi what causes this one to randomly load now and then)

The first part stays the same while the second one which I have noticed really defines the group of textures changes for these 4 differant states. This meant I could easily create the sky once, copy fo the folder and change the last section of the file name.

I just finished mapping out the entrie sky for:

night
day
evening stage 1
evening stage 2
morning stage 1
morning stage 2

which comes to 1152 differant texture locations.
I then find out that I really should be using Beta10...I install it and find that all the old textures in the sky are gone accept for a few. I dump some more textures and find that the end part of the file names are completely whacked up...there are just so many variations for the same texture. The uniformity is gone making the sky almost impossible to now do.

Is there a chance that this uniformity in file names when dumped could return?

Mojo Man!!!

texture thief
Rice, would it be possible to have the ciByRGBA textures with alpha channels support alpha blending (8-bit alpha layer)?

Amon_Knives

Film Student
I downloaded beta 10 to see if Fed and KMan's non loading problem would be fixed like ppl say, but now, barely any of the textures are loading. Please help me.

Tillmann

Whatever
Thanks RICE!
Your plugin its just amazing!
You, Your plugin and djipi cel shade (dunno if im writed right)pack have forced me to install windows. hehehe

_pm_

Pathetic Member
Mojo Man!!! said:
Rice, would it be possible to have the ciByRGBA textures with alpha channels support alpha blending (8-bit alpha layer)?
If possible, that would be great :)

ragnor

waitwaitwait, Amon... you mean, you had it loading MORE textures before? what textures do you have a problem with? PM me, I *was* having problems. THey seem to be mostly fixed now, but maybe it's just LESS worse than before?

Mojo Man!!!

texture thief
I'm having problems loading textures in SSB, but haven't tried beta 6 yet.
I have the US version of the game. Just a question: would a different extension (.v64 .rom .z64) change anything, such as the way it gets dumped by rice's plugin?

Last edited: