What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Beta version 6.1.1 beta10

_pm_

Pathetic Member
lol, I couldn't even try the beta7 :happy:
Thanks Rice for this ultra-fast update, I'll take a look at beta8 and see if everything is working fine in SSB :)

_pm_

Pathetic Member
Rice, I'm impressed, it seems that all the SSB textures with replications are working fine now! :bouncy: Hopefully, all the bugs with these kind of textures are gone in beta8. Excellent work, thanks a lot!!!!! :)

The following screenshots show some of the most annoying textures I've been testing since the first betas (Fire Flower included). The RAR includes some of them, to proof they're working fine. Note that the yellow lines in Mario's cap are intentional, this texture used to have the same bug than Link's shield, both are working fine now.

Again, great work, and thanks for your support!! :happy:

PD: Message #100 :party:

Last edited:

_pm_

Pathetic Member
Rice, not really important, but would you consider adding 24-bit PNG support for CI textures with no transparent areas? Paint Shop Pro 9 automatically saves the 32-bit PNGs in 24bit RGB format if the images are 100% opaque. Adding a mask layer and disabling PNG optimizations doesn't help at all. It seems that the only workarounds for this are setting the image opacity to something below 100%, or tweaking the alpha channel a bit. I hope there are no secondary effects by saving the PNGs this way.

Thanks in advance, and sorry to bother everyday. :)

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
there is an option, something like "Automatic load mask from alpha channel". After I enable this option, I have no problem to save to 32bit PNG files.

krhyluv

Banned
I've mentioned it elsewhere, but the new beta 8 seems less than stable. I'm getting crashes at random, and 1964 just closes itself.

rhY

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Can you confirm if the problem is with beta 8? Try to use older beta to see if the game also crashes? Please also try:
- turn off hires loading
- check the game video setting, especially frame buffer related settings.

Which is the game anyway? What about other games?

Exodia11

Forbidden one
i have a problem with wwf no mercy
here are images
*note* i get the same exact problem with 1964 so it didn't matter which emu i used
and i'm using the newset beta
12po.png

23pz.png

_pm_

Pathetic Member
Rice said:
there is an option, something like "Automatic load mask from alpha channel". After I enable this option, I have no problem to save to 32bit PNG files.
Thanks! That did the trick. :)

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Please, don't report bugs not related to hires texture project in this thread.

I guess you can fix the problem easier by either finding yourself a better video card, or by trying other plugins, or by trying other combiner modes.

Kolano

I'm having an issue with the loading of at least one high res texture, the tiles inside the castle of SM64.

I've double checked the file names and both the dump and the replacements I'm trying to use are named "SUPER MARIO 64#6AA1BE26#0#2_all.png". The replacements are those provided by Cloudscape and by GIR. At first I thought it was due to having multiple copies of the texture, but even after removing Cloudscapes the texture is still not replaced.

I've tried in both Direct X and OpenGL modes.

j234

picture

The CI to RGBA textures are looking great. Ive made a Princess Peach replacement including blinking eyes!!! for Paper Mario.

Kolano

Hrm, Beta 9 is some bad mojo for me. 1964 is getting hung and crashing using it. Seems to happen within seconds of starting a game...
Legend of Zelda: Gets to first opening scene with the moon setting
SM64: Gets to Mario's face
Diddy Kong Racing: Gets to logo zoom.

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Well, I guess I need to blame Microsoft for their C++ compiler. Please use beta 10 instead.

j234

There is an old toad in the Club64 bar in Paper Mario. I want to replace him with toadsworth but the 3 textures i found don't seem to work.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Federelli

Beta Tester
Ok got an issue with this godamn Ci textures...

The first is the texture i want to replace. The second is the one i want to replace it with. Why isn't it working?

First is named THE LEGEND OF ZELDA#EA0C751A#2#1#F87B1BB6_ciByRGBA.png
Second is named THE LEGEND OF ZELDA#EA0C751A#2#1#F87B1BB6_ciByRGBA.png (tried THE LEGEND OF ZELDA#EA0C751A#2#1_allciByRGBA.png as well, still didn't work)

Help :(.