What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Beta version 6.1.1 beta10

Alternate275

I only know about any of this because of this:
http://www.lanpartyguide.com/zelda/
Says images were taken in 800x600 with 8x Anti-Aliasing and 16x Anisitropic Filtering Enabled and all other setting on default.

So I guess it is for real then. Which version of Project64 does it run on?
And where do I get the textures? I need help :(

Last edited:

steamx

cerebus5

I've had to reformat my computer and I've just spent the whole day trying to get Rice Plugin 6.1.4 to work, and for the life of me I can't do it, which is ridiculous because it was working just fine beforehand. I've downloaded the installer, and repeatedly extracted the files to the project 64 folder. I've copied them pretty much everywhere else. Can someone just point out what it is that I'm missing here? Thanks...

gitech

N64 Artist
RV is dead. Maybe a worm was sent out to destroy all copies of RV to everyone that installed it.

Hahaha...just kidding.

Castlevania LOD v1.2 is dead for the foreseeable future as well as I have to see about moving over to Glide to finish it. Which will probably take a while...or never. I mean, how many thousands of hours can I really put into it before it's too much, and now hundreds more that doesn't even have to do with making textures?

I don't see a problem for people starting a new texture pack using the new Glide program once it's prooven to work well, but for all of us who have works in progress...

Mudlord,

How much is your time worth just to add the texture caching option to RV that I proposed?

This is a serious question. I will pay you! Maybe others will too who have large projects they'd like to see through to completion without having to make the switch too the new Glide plugin and could benefit from texture caching...like those working on SSB packs.

PS: Please ;)

Mollymutt

I was under the impression that glide used the file names that rice does. If not, there are a lot of packs that won't work on glide, like my SM64 pack. There really needs to be some easy way to port over rice packs to glide.

mudlord

Banned
Maybe a worm was sent out to destroy all copies of RV to everyone that installed it.

The FSF would be pissed off if one program using the GPL was doing that. >.>
They want everything to be "Free", blah blah blah >.>
Sounds like blatant communism to me.....

Castlevania LOD v1.2 is dead for the foreseeable future as well as I have to see about moving over to Glide to finish it. Which will probably take a while...or never. I mean, how many thousands of hours can I really put into it before it's too much, and now hundreds more that doesn't even have to do with making textures?

I don't see a problem for people starting a new texture pack using the new Glide program once it's prooven to work well, but for all of us who have works in progress...

Glide64 supports RV textures, so it is NOT all doom and gloom.

Mudlord,

How much is your time worth just to add the texture caching option to RV that I proposed?

This is a serious question. I will pay you! Maybe others will too who have large projects they'd like to see through to completion without having to make the switch too the new Glide plugin and could benefit from texture caching...like those working on SSB packs.

NO.

I will NOT, I REPEAT, WILL NOT, touch RV source ever again.
End of story.

cerebus5

Ah here we go I've got the beta 6.1.1.0 to work. But the installer on bountysource for 6.1.4 doesn't include the bmglib.dll or whatever I need to copy into the main folder. And all the links I've found seem to be broken. Can someone kinda point me in the right direction? Be much appreciated.

Rice>Glide IMHO

Last edited:

tW34k

How come this plugin doesn't load all the Hi res textures when it is loading them? It loads a few then starts the game. Glide actually loads all so I don't get this. Is there anything I could do? I like Rice alot more :)

Project64196420

PJ64 Cheat User
1 Problem...

When I was going to Project64's Settings, It told me that MSVCP71.dll was Missing and can't load RiceVideo.dll!!

WHERE CAN I GET IT?!

*EDIT*
To be polite, I could've said:
Can you please tell me where to download "MSVCP71.dll" (Not www.dll-files.com!)?

EDIT: I've found the link for downloading DLL files. Never mind the text in parenthasies...

Last edited:

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
first rice video 6.1.1 is older then dirt

also rice video 6.1.1 is made for 1964

go find and download 1964

and next time be a little more polite when posting