What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Beta version 6.1.1 beta10

Dejital

Rice said:
For the two new ways, were you using the way like "_allciByRGBA.png", or the other way?
I used the _allciByRGBA.png way.

Edit: Nevermind, I din't use _allciByRGBA, but _ciByRGBA. I have yet to get _allciByRGBA to work anywhere. :yucky:

Example:

Last edited:

Dejital

I'm having trouble. I've been retexturing Fifa 99 (which uses mainly ci textures) and I can't seem to get many things to work in-game. I have retextured the soccer ball, which worked, but retexturing things like grass and billboards (using the same strategy I went for with the ball), isn't working.

:paperbag:

First one works, second one doesn't (you can see I'd rather have the second):

Last edited:
OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Dejital

Try to rename the second one to "FIFA 99#E3FFB1AC#2#0_allciByRGBA.png", and make sure it is 32-bit.

Dejital

That didn't work... I'm pretty sure that it's 32-bit, cause I saved it the same way I did the soccerball, but does anybody know how I can check the bits per pixel?

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Dejital

Your file is in 24bit, not 32bit.

To check it with Windows Explorer, right click the file, click on the popup menu item [Properties], a dialog window will open up. Click on the [Summary] tab, and then check the "Bit Depth" value. For 32-bit images, Bit Depth=32, for 24-bit images, Bit Depth=24.

I am using Windows XP sp2.

Dejital

Oh, I got it. It seems whenever I try to save a png with no transparency, Paint Shop Pro automatically converts it to 24 bit. I put in a 99% pixel and it worked! A very very simple solution, I love it when it ends like this.

:icecream:

_pm_

Pathetic Member
Dejital said:
Oh, I got it. It seems whenever I try to save a png with no transparency, Paint Shop Pro automatically converts it to 24 bit. I put in a 99% pixel and it worked! A very very simple solution, I love it when it ends like this.

:icecream:
I believe you :) I had to do the same for PSP9. I wonder if PSP has a workaround for this. :huh:

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
You can add a mask layer or something like that, than save the file. Photoshop or Paintshop usually call the alpha channel as mask layer.

Dejital

:plain:

... ehh, I think erasing 1% of a pixel is a lot simpler than adding an alpha layer each time.

_pm_

Pathetic Member
Rice, I found a little bug with some dumped ciByRGBA textures in SSB.
Not an important one, anyways I attach some samples if you want to take a look.

Last edited:

Amon_Knives

Film Student
Ok, for some reason I can't get anything into 32-bit. I'm using photoshop and I add an alpha channel and it still keeps it in 24-bit format. Can anyone help me?

Weatherton

Dejital said:
I used the _allciByRGBA.png way.

Edit: Nevermind, I din't use _allciByRGBA, but _ciByRGBA. I have yet to get _allciByRGBA to work anywhere. :yucky:

Example:

Dejital, what process did you go through and what software did you use to get that to work?

Rice, will I need to make 4 identical images like Dejatil to get an individual frame to work like what Dejital had to do?

_pm_

Pathetic Member
Good job Rice with the beta6, it looks like you've fixed almost all the texture replications bugs in SSB! :bouncy:

The only thing that seems to still have problems is Link's shield (little black area).

Thanks, and keep up the good work! :)

Last edited:

Dejital

Weatherton said:
Dejital, what process did you go through and what software did you use to get that to work?

Rice, will I need to make 4 identical images like Dejatil to get an individual frame to work like what Dejital had to do?
It's very easy, but Mario Kart is the only one I've had to do that with. I'm not sure if Beta 5 has fixed the problem, but Mario Kart shot a lot of textures at me, and I tried using just one (which caused blinking) and ended up saving the same image four times to get to to not blink.

Here's my process for CI textures (which the karts are):
  • Dump textures
  • Check dumped folder
  • Select all the kart textures that end in _ciByRGBA
  • Open these textures in a drawing program and modify as I wish (4x)
  • Save it as 32-bit (my trick is to erase a few pixels' solidness by using an eraser at 1% intensity; and then overwriting the appropriate kart images)

Not very hard at all.
Here are the names and dimensions of the idle Yoshi kart if you want to test it:

1x: 64 X 32
4x: 256 x 128

Mario Kart 64#94AD971F#2#1#6AEB49EC_ciByRGBA.png
Mario Kart 64#94AD971F#2#1#9EB78E16_ciByRGBA.png
Mario Kart 64#94AD971F#2#1#8683A7A7_ciByRGBA.png
Mario Kart 64#94AD971F#2#1#A3CB88E0_ciByRGBA.png

These are for beta 3+, and I haven't tested beta 5 yet (it might dump less?), which I'll go test right now.

Edit: Yeah, it's the same with Beta 5.... wait, Beta 7? What?! :p

Last edited:
OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
_pm_ said:
Good job Rice with the beta6, it looks like you've fixed almost all the texture replications bugs in SSB! :bouncy:

The only thing that seems to still have problems is Link's shield (little black area).

Thanks, and keep up the good work! :)

Thanks for the bug report, I will have it fixed soon.

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Texture clamp problem is fixed by beta 7.

Beta 7 fixes the clamped texture problem.

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
bestbiz said:
Thank Rice. :)

below see...

p.s
Same Beta7

Bestbiz, I have checked the problem in the game. The same texture is used in the ways as non-mirrored and mirrored. The plugin isn't able to handle such situation for this moment. Please wait me to find some solutions. We will probably have beta 8 (and you might have to change your new texture back to the half size again).