What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Beta version 6.1.1 beta10

M[u]ddy

Jerrod_Vick said:
Where do we extract RiceVideo-6.1.1-beta10-src.rar what folder:plain:
The src at the end of the filename stand for source.
You don't have to put them anywhere. They are just for programmers.

zaffle

i'm using Project64 with rice's plugin 6.1.1 beta 10. when i play the game (djipi's cel zelda), it checks through all the texture files (not a prob, just proving it works) and then jumps into the game. all the textures appear and all is well.

apart from some annoying stutter that happens regularly for however long i play it.

when i'm done, i save and click "end emulation" then a happy little message pops up saying "Project64 has encountered a problem and needs to close"

whats going on? have i miss-configured something?

MuhMuh

German EmuTalk Cow
Yesterday I downloaded a new driver for me Geforce 6600 and now I have some problems with this plugin.
In some angles, some textures won't show!
Can anyone help me?

operato

With the 6.11 beta 10 and nrages input (latest), the mouse pointer does not disappear in windowed or full screen mode for goldeneye.

hyperterminal

Hi!

I'm new here. I hope this is the right thread. I need help configuring Rice's latest Video Plugin. I want to play Diddy Kong Racing with hi-res textures and the best possible Image Quality. I tried to configure it myself but I only get 2-3 FPS.

These are my current settings (click to enlarge):

Emulator: Project64 Version 1.6
Video Plugin: Rice's Video Plugin 6.1.1 beta 10

CPU: Athlon64 4000+
GFX: GeForce 7900 GTX (ForceWare 84.21 + DirectX 9.0c)
RAM: 2048MB PC3200

Thanks in advance.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Enable 'Force Software Transform & Lighting' and 'Using Software Vertex Clipper', and see if that helps. OpenGL settings are useless since you are using DirectX, not OpenGL.

h2oz7v

Does anyone else have the "flickering" problem? It makes all of my games totally unplayable, no matter what setting I've changed. I'll try a driver update, but their fairly new anyway I think.

linkenski

Can someone please show me the best settings for:

Emulator: Project64
Video plugin: Rice's Video Plugin 6.1.1 beta 10

CPU: AMD Athlon XP 2600+
GFX: GeForce4 MX 440 (ForceWare 84.21 + DirectX 9.0c)
RAM: 512MB

gausen

Im downloading this files right now. My final goal is to gaet some experience on n64 coding from this source. Rice i read in somwhere that someone give you a N64 PM, is posible to find around ?

Daiskei

I don't know if I'm just stupid or what, I've gone to every site I can think of and can find and have downloaded this, NONE of them come with the INI and everytime I run pj64 it tells me, "Unable to find ini file on disk" or something similar.. help!

Fantasy4ever222

Is there a Official release now?Cuz there is like 10 betas now...I cant wait for the official release....Is there a pic of one?Or a vid

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Rice has stopped updating his plugin and released the source-code. Well, at the very least, he's on hiatus if I'm not mistaken and wants other people to work on the plugin. The latest is the beta 10.

Last edited:

klasa

I've got a little problem with Kirby 64. Some backgrounds are in fact only a half background, and they need to be mirrored to make a full image. My problem is, this mirroring does not take place. Does anyone know if there's way in letting it happen?
And, I was thinking, can't anyone get rid of the problem that the big textures (like the top view of Links house in OOT.) can't be replaced?

åsabo

askew
åsabo said:
Hallo!! :p
i can't get this thing work. where sould I put the ricevideo.dll? i have copy it to the plugins folder but i cant select it in the 1964, nothing is there (only the old stuff). and the ricevideodbg.dll? should it be in the same folder or what?

Any1?