What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Beta version 6.1.1 beta10

pilm

Djipi, you may have a faster answer if you post a save state of the area you're talking, and maybe a screenshot. With this other people will be able to reproduce the bug quickly.

And when you talking about the "pig mask", you mean actually the Mask of Scents, right ?

Last edited:

qu3becker

hmm, I got many performance problem
how come every games lag with this plugin even with a high-end video card?

Here's my specs:
Windows XP Pro
Athlon XP 2400+ Ram: 512MB
ATI Radeon X700 Pro

any setting/tweak I should use?

tris

I have a question and don't know if this is the place to ask, but I have spent many hours looking for a solution in this forum and trying different configs and haven't found any yet.

Here is my problem: When I play Ocarina of time with this plugin and pause the game, the pause screen looks like this:

It only happens with this plugin, and my system specs are these:

Athlon XP 1700+ 768 MB of ram
Radeon 9800XT
O.S: Windows XP SP1

Thanks in advance ;-)

pedrocasilva

qu3becker said:
hmm, I got many performance problem
how come every games lag with this plugin even with a high-end video card?

Here's my specs:
Windows XP Pro
Athlon XP 2400+ Ram: 512MB
ATI Radeon X700 Pro

any setting/tweak I should use?
Try the latest drivers for your card, the game can run a little slowly right after loading the textures, with all that caching (I suppose) but then it stabilizes, and once in game, it should be ok, even if the select menu is "slow". well... I that doesn't work, just ask again for help.
tris said:
Here is my problem: When I play Ocarina of time with this plugin and pause the game, the pause screen looks like this:

It only happens with this plugin(...)
That's normal, this plugin has weak emulation for that, as long as it doesn't crash it's ok, annoying it may be... but ok.

Bandit82 said:
Can somebody tell me the best settings for a GeForce 6 card? Thx
to run it faster? if you have a Geforce serie 6 (6200/6600/6800) you won't have any problems with performance, but... Geforces are typically blazing fast in OpenGL, this plugin features it, but I prefer DirectX in this particular case... (I ussually don't) appart from that, you can turn off various things, of course those will speed it up.

If you really want to speed up the game downgrade de resolution, for example if you have a CRT try 640x480 or 800x600 resolution, also you can use your TV-out to link it to a TV, were the native resolution is 640x480... you can also turn off AA and AF... that should speed it up, a lot.

if you're going for what you GPU can support... it supports everything, you can try the more evolved pixel shader and other things (Geforce 6= PS 3.0, Direct X9, etc), also AA and AF should be possible without hammering the performance too much.

Last edited:

enterthehatrix

Web Developer
Here's an idea for beta 11...

Have an option to which folders to dump.. I hate having like 5 folders of textures dumped when i only actually only use 2 of them...

celebimc

So, if I used Doubutsu no Mori with 1964 and this little app, can I dump most of the textures from the game?

Last edited:

adambomb669

hi.
im having problems getting the plugin to work correctly. I had everything set up before, but I had to reformat my HD. and after reinstalling everything, Hi res textures arent working. I can dump them but it wont load them back, I have the hires folder and texturedump folders in the right areas but its not working. hopefully someone can see the problem through these pictures and help me.

sory if thats too many pictures. I cant figure out what im doing wrong.
and I have the game folders too, the thing automaticaly made them when I started

Clements

djsolidsnake86 said:
anyone know what is the best video setting for this plug in?

Yep.

djsolidsnake86 said:
is important activate the full TMEM Emulation?

Some games need it, but causes errors in faster loading tiles and other anomalities, so I would leave it off.

maximius

Bugs I've noticed:

Incorrect golden glove color in Rayman 2, Paper Mario (some flickering, and 'blacked out characters' glitch, as well as the transparency-menu issue). Diddy Kong Racing -> the elephant guy seems a tad.. bright, for some reason. I don't remember him being that bright of purple in Project64..

Anyways, nice job.

EDIT:

In South Park (U) [!], Pen and Paper mode (in-game cheat) flat out doesn't work. everything's.. grey..

Last edited: