What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Federelli's Retexture Pack for Zelda OOT and MQ

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Kerber2k, why don't you post bigger images? Those are hard to see the detail on, unless you click 'em I guess.

optimus$prime

ryanraab said:
kerber2k you could make your own thread. which i would like very much. :) so you have a place specifically for your stuff. I like your work.

why? then we have 2 zelda oot retexturing projects. creating bigger teams would speed this project up

JinXD

optimus$prime said:
why? then we have 2 zelda oot retexturing projects. creating bigger teams would speed this project up
I agree, keeping one project for each game makes more sence, unless of course you had different projects for different texture styles. e.g. Realistic, Cartoon etc.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Federelli said:
While not bad, it doesn't seem to quite fit the game.

Cooliscool, thanks for those shots :).

How doesn't it fit the game? OOT was trying to look as realistic as possible, but the n64's hardware can only do so much. That grass texture would do perfectly imo. Keep at it Amon_Knives, the more realistic the better.

Last edited:

KMan

The Wu Tang Master
Federelli said:
Kman, there seems to be a small issue with link's chest texture, for some reason it has some transparency.

Post up a pic of it. The only green cloth texture I touched so far ended up replacing a kokiri boot. afaik :saint:

Amon_Knives

Film Student
Federelli said:
Well, first of all there's another texture on stop acting as dirt, which is mostly alpha, and it being low res is not good, since it seems to mess up with the high res. grass.

Try improving that, and see what you come up with.
Funny you should say that, the dirt path was what kerber2k had suggested i do and I am currently working on it (though not without problems in tiling). My work has taken up the next two days, so hopefully I can get it done by Saturday and show you what i've come up with. On another note, i'm trying to also work on a black marble texture for the pedestel of time where the spiritual stones rest.
As for links chest, I haven't seen any transparencies, you sure there's a problem with Kman's pack? It could be your computer (mine has the same problem, for some reason I have blue flames instead of orange)

KMan

The Wu Tang Master
Well, I just got pulled to do some work that'll need to get done by the end of the month, so I'm going to put up a pack of new stuff, and see how much time I'll have to work on anything new.

Last edited:
OP
Federelli

Federelli

Beta Tester
Here's the issue, still it happens with or without the pack, so nothing to do with you Kman ;).

This might be a normal issue, even in the N64...

Rice? any clues?

OP
Federelli

Federelli

Beta Tester
Kman, while amazingly great, the Time Temple looks kinda dark now, could ya tweak the color a bit more.

0.15 is about to be released :D

QuickPaw

Feel the wrath of my tongue!
Extra Textures...

here are the extra textures that were included from Rice's 6.1.0c post that are not included in this repack. Enjoy!

Kerber2k

Fed that happend to me too I somehow got it to go away try messing with the emulators settings untill it goes away. If you cant get that transparancy to leave perhaps I can send you my settings.

OP
Federelli

Federelli

Beta Tester
QuickPaw, thanks for that, but i'd only included it if i'd think i couldn't do better ;).

Uploading 0.15 right now.

Amon_Knives

Film Student
well it appears my attempts are failing miserably. Not that I can't do it, but I just can't find any of the dumps for the things I need to work on. Once I can get that stuff figured out then I'm good to go. I just got the new v15 pack and I must say, good stuff on the temple of time, especially the door, and I like the c-buttons too. Keep up the great work. As for my efforts, if anyone can help me out, it would be greatly appreciated. And...um...what does prepotent mean?

Kerber2k

I can always send you more dumps Amon. Im probably gonna start loggin textures online soon so everyone can give it a go anyhow. Till then you can always contact me through AIM or ICQ my computer always seems to be on so just PM me and Ill get back to you when I can.

- Things can be frustrating, but when you finally figure things out its all the more sweeter.

QuickPaw

Feel the wrath of my tongue!
Federelli said:
QuickPaw, thanks for that, but i'd only included it if i'd think i couldn't do better ;).

Uploading 0.15 right now.

Awesome, I can't wait to see them!

Amon_Knives

Film Student
there may be hundreds of textures missing, but theses are great. :bouncy: Thanks, maybe now I can get things rolling with my attempts. Thanks Fed. (Now all I have to do is figure out what dumps go to what texture in the game... :plain: )