What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

_pm_ Super Smash Bros.

optimus$prime

thx to all

yes i tried to keep the positions as original as possible
yeah this looks good. our textures combined there are now only a few menu textures left which aren't hires yet

JinXD

_pm_ said:
Hey Optimus, take a look at these pics!!! :bouncy: The first uses the original textures, and the second has a combo of our hirez textures. Look and compare yourself :)

Also, forget what I said about modifying JigglyPuff, I realized that the original is a bit off too. :)
Looking good! Although the 1P and CP buttons look a bit too light compared to the originals, maybe I'm being too picky :p

_pm_

Pathetic Member
JinXD said:
Looking good! Although the 1P and CP buttons look a bit too light compared to the originals, maybe I'm being too picky :p
Thanks, I'll try to make them look better (apart from making their shadow a bit more visible).

Dejital said:
That's awesome, could I get a RAR pack with both of those?
Sure, you can get most of my textures at the first page of the thread, and optimus$primes textures are in the previous posts. I'll release an upgraded pack soon, with new textures, and some text align corrections.

_pm_

Pathetic Member
optimus$prime said:
thx to all

yes i tried to keep the positions as original as possible
yeah this looks good. our textures combined there are now only a few menu textures left which aren't hires yet

Yes, it's nice to know that we have only a few missing textures in that screen. I found the background one, so I'll see if I can improve it (Damn, another CI!!!).

Dysprosium

Graphics Designer
That's nice, _pm_! I'd love to try those out, the buttons / fonts look awesome. :)

Can't wait for the next release, it's only been days since this project was started and the results are amasing.

_pm_

Pathetic Member
Vile324 said:
That's nice, _pm_! I'd love to try those out, the buttons / fonts look awesome. :)

Can't wait for the next release, it's only been days since this project was started and the results are amasing.

Thx for your support :) I'll try to upload the upgrade as soon as I add some more textures and correct some glitches in the old ones.

I was working a bit more with the Pokémon. These ones are completely cartoonish, the original ones seem to be 2d rendered images from 3d models, I'm not a 3d modeler, sorry about that :(

Anyway, I'll stick with these textures for now. I need to work a bit more with colors... Trying to make them look nice with only 16 colors is a big challenge! :)

optimus$prime

_pm_ said:
Yes, it's nice to know that we have only a few missing textures in that screen. I found the background one, so I'll see if I can improve it (Damn, another CI!!!).

yeah i also thought about improving it
do you think it works without "Try to use smaller textures (faster)" option?

nice works on those new textures
the first one could be more sharper

_pm_

Pathetic Member
optimus$prime said:
yeah i also thought about improving it
do you think it works without "Try to use smaller textures (faster)" option?

It seems to work fine. Did you find the texture? I send a copy if for some reason you can't find it.

optimus$prime said:
nice works on those new textures
the first one could be more sharper
Thanks, I need to work more on this, specially with the Snorlax one.

Last edited:

optimus$prime

first try

hmm in the menu the lower part of the background works perfect with it
but on the upper part they don`t fit together ??

Last edited:

_pm_

Pathetic Member
optimus$prime said:
first try

hmm in the menu the lower part of the background works perfect with it
but on the upper part it don`t fit together ??

Hmmm, if I were you, I wouldn't worry about this, just take a look at the original texture (disabling hi-res texture loading), it has the same bug. If you wish, try to make it fit by changing the texture pattern.

Anyways, it's ok for me :)

Dysprosium

Graphics Designer
optimus$prime said:
do you think the bug comes from the game,emulator or gfx plugin?

It looks good, but the crate is a tad bit too light. Was it that light in the original one? I can't quite remember. >_>

Lowering the brightness on the crate would make it just about perfect. ;)

_pm_

Pathetic Member
optimus$prime said:
do you think the bug comes from the game,emulator or gfx plugin?

I tried with Jabos Direct3D 1.5.1 and it has the same bug, so it may come from the emu or the game itself. Did you try it with PJ64?

optimus$prime said:
crate first try:
(damn ci)
Nice one! :) Yes, it's a bit painful enhancing these textures to finally turn them back to 16 colors with the original palette. I wonder how many ci textures in the game actually change their palette in realtime. :bunny:

Last edited:

_pm_

Pathetic Member
I worked with some new textures today. Yes, the LCD-like text is missing the shadows,, I'll add them later. :huh:

_pm_

Pathetic Member
I was a bit bored so I started playing with some Hyrule Castle's textures.
Not bad for being 16 color-indexed ones, what do you guys think about it? :)

(Remember you need to enable "Try to use smaller texture" and leave "Alternative texture size calculation" disabled to get these textures displayed correctly).

Last edited:

optimus$prime

_pm_ said:
I was a bit bored so I started playing with some Hyrule Castle's textures.
Not bad for being 16 color-indexed ones, what do you guys think about it? :)

wow i like it very much
especially the 2nd one

g00beRz

Peej
All these textures are so awesome. Once I get home I am totally going to bypass homework and do emulating. ha!

_pm_

Pathetic Member
Federelli said:
How are you working with CI textures? I can't in photoshop, not without changing the palette.

I'm using Paint Shop Pro 8. Anyways, I give you the steps I'm following to work with these kind of textures, try to see if you can do the same with Photoshop:

1) Save palette (export to file).
2) Convert image to truecolor format
3) Do whatever you want with the texture.
4) Reload palette.
5) Make corrections, if necessary.

Once you reload the palette, the image will turn back into its original color depth. After that, some textures will look nice without doing anything else (a good example are the greyscale ones). Others will require some extra work. In this case, you'll need to undo this step and try to reduce color usage (or just use another color reduction method).

CI textures which include transparent areas are a bit annoying if the transparent color is similar to other colors in the palette. Replacing this color with a different one (as soon as you convert the image to truecolor) may help. Note that you'll need to swap back colors after you load the palette again.

Well, that's all. Hope it helps. :)