What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Cloudscapes' Super Mario 64 texture pack thread..

cloudscapes

Carbon-based molecule.
SM64 texture pack - LATEST v.006

Version .006 - November 11, 2005
-Second and third floor of castle: Done.
-WET-DRY WORLD: Done.
-SNOWMAN'S LAND: Done.
-TALL, TALL MOUNTAIN: Done (minus the slide).
-TINY-HUGE ISLAND: Done.
-RAINBOW RIDE: Done.

These are not a segmented archive. Every time there's an update, you just need to download the new pack and extract it to your SUPER MARIO 64 folder (in whatever directery structure you see fit). Meaning if the last file in the attachments is 006 and that you got all of them, then next week you'd only have to get 007, and so-on and so-forth.

Included readme for more info.

Last edited:
OP
cloudscapes

cloudscapes

Carbon-based molecule.
Preview screenshots:

EDIT: I have no idea how to implement line breaks in attachments. Forgive me.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
here's some textures that i'd like to be done the most, this work is very impressive...

The Mario lives counter and star count, i suspect they share number textures.

Mario himself is seen throughout the entire game, he could use a make-over :p

and don't forget the power bar! but i assume you plan to do these things :)

Anyway, this work is awesome, well done and its far better than I could ever do.

DarthDazDC

An Alright Guy
ScottJC said:
here's some textures that i'd like to be done the most, this work is very impressive...

The Mario lives counter and star count, i suspect they share number textures.

Mario himself is seen throughout the entire game, he could use a make-over :p

and don't forget the power bar! but i assume you plan to do these things :)

Anyway, this work is awesome, well done and its far better than I could ever do.
I agree, when i play it with the great new textures, the HUD always bothers me, if someone redid the that'd be great :D

OP
cloudscapes

cloudscapes

Carbon-based molecule.
Thanks everyone. :)

I stated in the rar's readme.txt that I've decided to wait for UI textures, especially since it looks like others are giving a crack at it (should of put the readme.txt i na more visible place for one thing). Although I might change my mind and fix what we see during gameplay.

ScottJC: Do you mean the little Mario in the upper-left corner or gameplay Mario? Aside from the sideburns, parts of the face and the 'M' on the hat, I can't really edit gameplay Mario as his body doesn't use textures.

I'll eventually fix his face for when we have those closeups.

Last edited:

minkster

Ahh I keep getting CRC errors when I download the part 2 of the mario texture pack. Is anyone else expieriencing these problems....I've tried downloading it 4 times, but still no dice. The screenshots look great though. Keep up the good work!

Tene

minkster said:
Ahh I keep getting CRC errors when I download the part 2 of the mario texture pack. Is anyone else expieriencing these problems....I've tried downloading it 4 times, but still no dice. The screenshots look great though. Keep up the good work!

I got the same with part 3 & 4 of the OoT pack Rice posted ... as well as part two of these textures.

OP
cloudscapes

cloudscapes

Carbon-based molecule.
Odd, I downloaded them myself after uploading them to test them out. Make sure you unpack both of them at the same location, they're dependant on each-other or else it just won't work. Otherwise your download manager might be corrupting them, or you have too old a version of WinRAR, just guesses.

I have to use solid archiving (which makes the two dependant on each-other, and more prone to CRC errors) or else the package is twice as big because of the duplicates. texture_all.png and texture_rgb.png are the same but for some reason I need both of them.

I'll try and make this easier for the next packages.

Last edited:

Clements

Fantastic job! Used in conjunction with the hq4x texture filter to smooth the fonts and stuff, SM64 has never looked better.

Nasorean

cloudscapes said:
Do you mean the little Mario in the upper-left corner or gameplay Mario? Aside from the sideburns, parts of the face and the 'M' on the hat, I can't really edit gameplay Mario as his body doesn't use textures.

even though mario is not textured he is gourad shaded n that is dependent on the amt of pixels that are present in a given texture. improving marios textures wont make a big difference but it will make a difference.

gandalf

Member ready to help
help!
I moddified some textures in MArio 64 and they didn´t show!.
I moddified the RGB and the alpha texture.
Here a pic

EDIT: Sorry,that pic is with Rice Video 6.0.0 c,now with R V 6.10. they simply didn´t appear, only the default texture

Last edited:
OP
cloudscapes

cloudscapes

Carbon-based molecule.
Thanks again guys. :F If possible I'd like to complete two or three (or more) levels per week. So far it's really fast!

Nasorean: I'm not quite sure what you mean. AFAIK gouraud shading is on a per-pixel basis, not per-texel.

gandalf: wtf indeed! that's a strange bug. I did not include any texture replacements for the HUD in my package, could it be you tried somebody else's? the structure should be like this:

\plugin\hires_texture\SUPER MARIO 64\*.png

I'd reccomend deleting everything in hires_texture (back it up first in necissary) and then copying these textures again from scratch. If that doesn't work (and the 'use hires textures' option is on) then I don't know. :\

DIT: do yo uhave BMGLibPNG.dll in PJ1964's directory and not the plugin directory?

Last edited:

gandalf

Member ready to help
i have your texture pack and it work fine.
I use Adobe photoshop to edit them and save them to png with the original name.