What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Cloudscapes' Super Mario 64 texture pack thread..

e2zippo

Very nice cloudscapes, mario64 never looked better :)
Now i just wish someone would redo the numbers and the life-counter as well :)

John Doe

Hi... i'm new in here and stumbled over this thread. It's been a while since i last played "Super Mario 64" - and it's really great to see this old game in new bloom :) . So i wanna help a little and did this :blush: .

Maybe more to come...

Frogacuda

Those look really good John Doe. Thanks.

Now we just need Orkin's font stuff and a new camera and mario icon and the game will be looking pretty sharp. Keep it up, guys.

pilm

A little contribution : the Whomp's face texture. Size was expended x 4 ; I have a x 8 version on request but I don't think difference is really noticable, even on the Big Whomp.
Feel free to include it in a pack.

Last edited:

bositman

Hmm since i havent played the game for a looong time and im not good at noticing differences:)P) can someone sum up what has been improved,something like a changelog?
Thanks and keep up the good work :)

Frogacuda

JohnDoe: It seems to work fine, but I think you'd be better off keeping things more as faithful as possible.

Now, if Orkin would just let us get his number/font textures we'd be rockin and rollin.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
obviously not a very good texture ;) but I did a small change to this one...

it looks quite nice full screen.

Last edited:

John Doe

I found the problem: you have to turn of "Alternative texture size calculation" in "Current Game Options" to make it work correctly...

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
John Doe said:
I found the problem: you have to turn of "Alternative texture size calculation" in "Current Game Options" to make it work correctly...
I see...

John Doe

Btw... on the intro i get some small glitches, which i can see on "ScottJC's" Screenshot too (the nose). Or on my attached image: at the eyebrow.

I had this already on older Rice Video Plugins - but only under DirectX (no prob under OpenGL). But since version 5.9.9 i get it at both: DirectX & OpenGL :( . Maybe there's an setting to fix it?

Last edited:

Trotterwatch

The block you made Scott, is pretty good. However I think the lightbulb looks a tad too real, needs to be a little more cartoony. But the beauty of this plugin is you can have it however you want it I figure :)

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
it's a bit of a cheap effect trotter, i just took an image from google.. it doesn't really spoil the world too much, until someone makes something better it'll do hehe.

I'm looking for the blue and the red ones to make one for those. be back later with those.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
i'm working on the power bar, this is slightly harder... I may not be able to produce a good one, but its worth a shot right?