What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Cloudscapes' Super Mario 64 texture pack thread..

OP
cloudscapes

cloudscapes

Carbon-based molecule.
gandalf said:
i have your texture pack and it work fine.
I use Adobe photoshop to edit them and save them to png with the original name.

Make sure you have both files for each texture, three files if it's a texture with an alpha. The only differences in the filename between the two is _all and _rgb (and _a for the third in some cases).

Send me one or two of the textures via email and I might be able to let you know what's wrong.

eblythe (at) mochamail (dot) com

Last edited:

Nasorean

cloudscapes said:
Nasorean: I'm not quite sure what you mean. AFAIK gouraud shading is on a per-pixel basis, not per-texel.

duh!!
yeah man i know, long night n slow morning if you catch my drift

Tate6566

This is a great idea, but i feel i lack the artistic ability to edit the images myself. do u have any tips on how to go about it cloud. Keep up the good work.

_pm_

Pathetic Member
ScottJC said:
here's some textures that i'd like to be done the most, this work is very impressive...

The Mario lives counter and star count, i suspect they share number textures.

Mario himself is seen throughout the entire game, he could use a make-over :p

and don't forget the power bar! but i assume you plan to do these things :)

Anyway, this work is awesome, well done and its far better than I could ever do.

Sure, Cloudscapes is doing a great job retexturing :)
I'd like to make a little contribution for the lives counter :)

OP
cloudscapes

cloudscapes

Carbon-based molecule.
TerraFrost said:
looking good!
have you included Orkin's textures?

I haven't, although if it's okay with Orkin, I'd like to link to his pack from my thread if/when he releases one (or something). For the work he's done so far, I couldn't do better!

h3h3

youre doin an awesome job for sure,cloudscapes...
finally mario64 has gotten intresting again :))
reeeeeeeeally appreciated..!!

btw u should release the packages separately like level 1 level2 and so on..(and maybe host em somewhere?!?) otherwise the attachment files will get too big one day

OP
cloudscapes

cloudscapes

Carbon-based molecule.
Thanks h3h3 :) that's part of the reason I want to do this. So that we can all reply the game with a slightly different feel.

However I don't think I want to release the packages on a per-level basis. I admit that I did think of doing that, but with all the shared textures, it would of been weird. Either there would be duplicates, or missing textures alltogether if I didn't include the shared ones (suppose someone just downloads a few levels). I'd rather release weekly as one big package, however split up into pieces.

Stop It

Very nice work cloudscapes, some very nice textures, and thanks to clements for informing me that the hq4x texture enhancement is good, cause I never even touched the texture section until 6.10, wish I did sooner, now, if only someone started on goldeneye....... *legs it :p

Rice

Emulator Developer
gandalf said:
help!
I moddified some textures in MArio 64 and they didn´t show!.
I moddified the RGB and the alpha texture.
Here a pic

EDIT: Sorry,that pic is with Rice Video 6.0.0 c,now with R V 6.10. they simply didn´t appear, only the default texture

AFAIK, alpha compare is used for these textures. What you want to do is to check the alpha texture you made, and make sure the alpha values were not averaged down when you did resizing of it. You may want to manually work on the alpha texture instead of just resizing it from the original alpha texture by using a weight average filter so something like that.

OP
cloudscapes

cloudscapes

Carbon-based molecule.
Ran into my first problem: can't seem to get the emulator to see my new texture. It's the right name, I'm looking for it in the right place in-game, tried both BMP and PNG, saved multiple times, and saved it exactly the same way as all the other working textures. Even tried switching from one API to another. How odd. Must be a problem with this computer, I'll see what happens on the computer at home tonight.

EDIT: nevermind fixed it. forgot to rotate it back to it'S original position. I often rotate textures 45 degrees to paint on them.

Last edited:

Rice

Emulator Developer
I have just tried the texture pack. The new textures look amazing.

Great job, cloudscapes.

Rice

Federelli

Beta Tester
Indeed as true to the original as possible, an amazing job. Keep it up. Orkin's textures also look great.

Orkin

d1R3c764 & g1|\|64 m4|<3R
Awesome work cloudscapes!

As soon as I finish up my letters and numbers I'll post it here, and you can add it to your pack.

Here's a pic of what I've been busy with lately. I can go all the way to 1280x960 fullscreen and the text is still sharp! (btw Rice, it appears there's a lack of z-buffering here)

Rice

Emulator Developer
Orkin said:
Awesome work cloudscapes!

As soon as I finish up my letters and numbers I'll post it here, and you can add it to your pack.

Here's a pic of what I've been busy with lately. I can go all the way to 1280x960 fullscreen and the text is still sharp! (btw Rice, it appears there's a lack of z-buffering here)

Wow, Orkin, the new textures are amazing. Did you hand draw all the text textures?

Which part do you think lack of z-buffering here?

OP
cloudscapes

cloudscapes

Carbon-based molecule.
Orkin: amazing looking text! perfectly smooth an no artifacts whatsoever! O.O

I'd love to include these textures in with my next pack (which I'll release friday or saturday). Either we can mix the textures and the info in one readme, or pack two folders, one for yours and one for mine (with seperate readmes) and have the user copy them. Whichever.

Awesome work!

Orkin

d1R3c764 & g1|\|64 m4|<3R
Rice: Yes, I'm redrawing each letter individually. It takes awhile (I'm still not finished, I just got enough done to show that shot), but I wanted to keep the original look and couldn't find any matching fonts. And as knuckles pointed out...Peach's neck is dislodged...

cloudscapes: I've put my textures in a seperate folder from yours so I can manage them easier (thanks for including recursive folder searching, Rice!). We can just zip my folder along with your textures into the same pack (single readme, simpler for the user that way), so all the user has to do is unzip it into their hires_texture folder.

Last edited: