What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Cloudscapes' Super Mario 64 texture pack thread..

OP
cloudscapes

cloudscapes

Carbon-based molecule.
HI,

I have quite a bit of free time from now untill January, so I've started this again. I won't be investing ALL my free time into this, obviously, but I should be able to get a lot done. Expect a decent update next friday. =)

Later.

Sirmatto

cloudscapes said:
HI,

I have quite a bit of free time from now untill January, so I've started this again. I won't be investing ALL my free time into this, obviously, but I should be able to get a lot done. Expect a decent update next friday. =)

Later.
Awesome, this is definitely one of my favorite games and therefore hi-res packs.

floopy

cloudscapes said:
HI,

Later.

Now that's some awesome news. :happy:
I had given up hope that one of the first (and best) texture packs would ever see completion. Now, there is hope once again.

OP
cloudscapes

cloudscapes

Carbon-based molecule.
Yeah I'm going to aim to finish it before christmas. :)

Though this won't count the characters, skyboxes/backgrounds and level canvases though. Those are a lot of work.

knowitman

I'm really glad that you are continuing to work on this project. Your style for Mario 64 is probably my favorite right now. I applaud you for all the great work.

Philr359

first off, cloudscapes you rock! this is one of the best things that ever happened to mario!

also i was thinking, is it possible to patch the textures directly into the rom image? that way you could play hi-res without rice's plugin(but why would you). or maybe on a certain revolutionary next-gen system...!!!

OP
cloudscapes

cloudscapes

Carbon-based molecule.
Philr359 said:
first off, cloudscapes you rock! this is one of the best things that ever happened to mario!

also i was thinking, is it possible to patch the textures directly into the rom image? that way you could play hi-res without rice's plugin(but why would you). or maybe on a certain revolutionary next-gen system...!!!

You're exagerating, but thanks. =)

I thought of that too, though I don't think it will be possible for legal reasons. The law is different between appending something onto unmodified media (the ROM) and actually changing the copyrighted media itself. I'm not sure of the details, but I'd rather play it safe.

the$#!Za.

Mario

Hi all.

I'm new to all this so please, excuse my noobness.

I have all of the texture pack files in my D:\nintendo1964\plugin\hires_texture\SUPER MARIO 64.

All the textures from each 001, 002 etc are placed into the folder above. Is this all I have to do?? No extra settings for the emu itself??

I'm using 1964 BTW.

Thanks,
the$#!Za.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Use Rice's Video Plugin 6.1.1 Beta10. Make sur that Hide Advanced Settings is not checked in the plugin config, and then click on Texture Filters tab and after then enable 'Load hi res textures if available'.

the$#!Za.

Hi fellaz.
Use Rice's Video Plugin 6.1.1 Beta10. Make sur that Hide Advanced Settings is not checked in the plugin config, and then click on Texture Filters tab and after then enable 'Load hi res textures if available'.

Was this directed to me??

Have I put the textures in the right place which I mentioned above??

Thanks,
the$#!Za.

corazon912

Ah I was going to write I was having trouble loading textures. But now that I found out about changing a setting to OpenGL it seems to be working fine.

Last edited: