What's new

Rice Video 6.1.0c - HiRez Texture Loader

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwk3

Video slow down at certain points.

I have noticed that in a couple games the video usage will max out in certain points and slow down, all other times it runs at full speed. Here are the games I noticed it in:

In The Legend of Zelda - Majora's Mask, during the intro when the mask spins from the distance forward.

In Conker's Bad Fur Day, when things go blurry.

Has anybody else come across this or found a setting that fixes it? I tried a few settings changes, but had no luck. I am using the latest versions of 1964 and Rice’s video plugin.

Thanks,
Don

knowitman

What are your computer specs? If you are on the low end of the requirements you can run some games fine, but when they start using special effects like blur it takes more processing power.

dwk3

Here's my specs:

CPU: P4 3 GHz
Video: GeForce FX 5200
Sound: Intigrated
Memory: 1 GB
Controller: Adaptoid

I use DirectX, it has always seemed to work better for me. I noticed the intro slowdown does not happen in Majora's Mask when I use OpenGL. But, when I use OpenGL with Conker, the whole game is much slower. I think it is a blur effect that is majorly slowing things down.

knowitman

Try a lower resolution like 640x480, direct x mode, and turn any texture filters off.

Hey Rice I have a suggestion for the next release of this plugin.

Since there may be multiple packs made for games I think it could be possible to impliment this in your plugin. Like in the internal game name folder have another folder with the name of your pack.

ex. hi_res texture\SUPER MARIO 64\knowitmans texture pack\

Then in the hi_res\SUPER MARIO 64\

You could have a file just called knowitmans texture pack

or possibly a ini file set up with something like

*pack name*
*folder*

Then if you have load hi res textures enabled and the plugin finds the different texture packs it will prompt which one you want to load. It could even store your favorite pack for each game. If you then wanted to change you could tell the plugin to prompt you again.

Last edited:

isten3

Guys, Anybody may help me? I cannot even dump any images, i am turned on dump textures in plugin but it says me cannot create folder. Why it is? I am not noob but its strange for me.

cloudscapes

Carbon-based molecule.
isten3 said:
Guys, Anybody may help me? I cannot even dump any images, i am turned on dump textures in plugin but it says me cannot create folder. Why it is? I am not noob but its strange for me.

I got the exact same error. So I manually created the right folder name at the right place, and dumping ensued.

isten3

Okey i try it now, bu why is that my project64 1.5 with sp1 and special fix, not say that cannot create folder. It just say the startinmg prompt.

isten3

Okey, i am created manually the folder dumping is working now! But i cannot see the debug texts in the debugging window. :/

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
It is not a glitch. It is a frame buffer effect. You need to select current options to enable it.

isten3, you should use ALT-PrintScreen key combination instead of just the PrintScreen key when you take a screen shot. And why not just take a screen shot from the emulator?

Dysprosium

Graphics Designer
Any ideas on about the Conker texture being locked, though? I just can't figure it out..

As well, Rice, in Conker I cannot see through the Bazooka's lock on. It's just black, minus the aim. Same goes for the Matrix mode too, except that's just a lot of different colours. I've tried a lot of different settings to no prevail. :\

Burnpro

Supar ***
hey Rice, can you please fix some paper mario bugs ?, like the black sprites, and ramdon flickers in game.
seems like they are still present in this version of your video plugin.

96SL2er

When I downloaded Rice's newest plugin, it works great on 1964!! However, the plugin seems to LAG a lot when I use it with Project64, and I need Project64 to play some games that 1964 don't seem to play as well.

Does anybody have any ideas why Rice's plugin lags with project64?

Thanks
-Chad

dragon_rider

私は竜が好き&#
Sometimes, this happens to me in alot of games (Konami games seem to be most effected by it. WTC!? Oh, yeah, there's no way to synchronize the refresh rate neither with OpenGL or Direct X API. There is tearing in the graphics. I tried to force vsync, but it doesn't work to well. Ever considered adding a Triple Buffering feature?

dwk3

Differences between v6.0.0c and v6.1.0b

I compared v6.0.0c to v6.1.0b and noticed that the slowdowns I mentioned earlier (In The Legend of Zelda - Majora's Mask, during the intro when the mask spins from the distance forward and In Conker's Bad Fur Day, when things go blurry) do not exist in v6.0.0.c. Although the blurry part in Conker just shows garbage in v6.0.0.c. I’d guess a new blur effect might be the cause of this in v6.1.0b

Also, I noticed some priority and transparency problems with graphics in v6.1.0b that look fine in v6.0.0c; in Conker, the chainsaw smoke during the intro being behind versus in front of the “N” and the fence transparency in the first level.

And in the first level on Conker, the camera view is wild and unsteady with v6.1.0b and fine with v6.0.0c.

Status
Not open for further replies.