What's new

Rice Video 6.1.0c - HiRez Texture Loader

Status
Not open for further replies.

roxoxx

?

But this in not real e-mulating (reproduce perfectly as possible an old game) but re-programming a game!
i think that a game with new textures with different colours, different themes,
different feeling change non the general game-feeling but change the game in it-self.
It is like to see a picture in a photography and say that is the same thing or that is better than see it with your own eyes on a museum!
Today we want texture-changements, tomorrow sound-changements (Mario 64 with Marylin Manson BGM?? AAArgh!), and then what we will want to change?

PS: this is my opinion and i don't want to impose it to anyone; i want only that we think that maybe we go to a derivative emulation which maybe is not a real e-mulation but e-mutation.

Off course, sorry for my bad english...

olivieryuyu

Roxoxx:

well it's just an option for people that want to play with other gfx, it's something like a mod. You don't want to play with new gfx, so don't play with those new gfx. But if somebody else want to play with new gfx, why not ?

I'm not fond of modding n64 games too but well i leave alone people that have fun with it. So stop polluating this thread.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
roxoxx, the textures will only look high res if they are in your plugins folder... do not put them there and you will see the original ones, which then you are happy.

Nobody cares what a closed-minded person thinks, stop right now before you make an idiot of yourself.

Last edited:

Sirmatto

roxoxx said:
Well, have you seen the screenshots posted before?
These are an interesting example of inutility of change texture option who destroy a game soul!
when i see THE masterpiece Zelda with these ridicule textures, i think that maybe we have reached the end of emulation spirit and we have reached a circus-dimension where everyone can destroy a game, every game, and re-construct-it without respect for the game in-self and crew who made-it.

PS: sorry for my english; if i can talk in my native language, i say more bad words about this.
Basically, I think, had Nintendo had the technology at the time, Zelda would have looked like this (or better), especially since it was supposed to be a realistic game at the time...but I can't say the same for Mario. It's like George Lucas's philosophy on his Star Wars babies and other films, sure he may be totally tinkering with and changing the film, but had he been able to at the time, his movies would have looked the way they do today. So as people have been saying, you can either accept it and go with it or deny it and stick with the old. Neither way is wrong and noone is forcing you to do either, so let people enjoy making games prettier, and if you don't like it noone is going to hate you.

DarthDazDC

An Alright Guy
I;ve been playing the plugin with OOT, and i have to say it looks amazing full screen. :D very gr8 job guys. Now if someone would only redo the textures for goldeneye or perfect dark... :D

Nasorean

lets forget about the many artisitc heresies possible here and focus on the opportunities this feature provides us with.

not only are we allowed the option to enhance games, but to alter them with a whole new look. games like turok can get real world textures to enhance the mayan ruin settings. conker can be cell shaded properly. joanna dark can turn from a plain jane to an "eff-able" hottie, also as demonstrated w bush-link earlier, face mapping can become a reality.

this feature opens more artisitic potential than any other emulation feature has in the past, all the while we also get to play our 64 games as close to the intended way as possible.

Federelli

Beta Tester
Oh evereyone, i'll release an updated pack using all .png and all in one textures, just be patient. I wan't expecting Rice to release the textures I made :p.

Anyway, expect an updated pack anytime soon. Sorry for the corrupted indexed color textures, after all this all wasn't meant for a release. :).

QuickPaw

Feel the wrath of my tongue!
be sure to make a new thread...

Making a new thread...possibly making it a sticky, would make it easier for ppl to find the hi-rez packs. :happy:

Also, I do understand that some people will be upset about this new feature, but when it comes to comparing it to changing the Bible, or Star Wars films, or whatever, we still have the option to choose. You can either play with or without hi-rez packs with the same plugin.

I personally love the idea. It brings new life into the games, and from what I've seen so far with Zelda, has the potential to make N64 games look absolutely beautiful. I'd also like to add my own things to the games just for kicks. But for those who grind their teeth at the thought have to remember that you can turn it off at anytime.

As long as I can still play the original game...unaltered, I have no objections.

Seriously :homestar:

-Shadow-

Banned
The Plugin doesn't dump any Textures for me and the graphics are very glitchy, I don't think it's supposed to look like this, any suggestions?

/edit: The debugger shows pages of "exception in decompression" and "Cannot lock texture" errors.

Last edited:

F-3582

Sorry, I had to...
It might only work with the US version. I guess that they changed a bit more than just the language stuff.

QuickPaw

Feel the wrath of my tongue!
now for the glitches ^_^;

The first 2 are from Shadows of the Empire (U) v1.2! w/hirez off.
The last is Super Smash Bros (U)! w/hirez off.

It's obvious to see the probs with Shadows, and SSB has a weird problem with the platforms and the 2D backgrounds "tilting". :p

Besides that, everything else runs pretty good.

Federelli

Beta Tester
Trust me that you will get nothing else than higher resolution versions of the original things, nothing will be changed, not a single color will stop being used from the old textures :).

Hal

Bartman
Need help with the zelda hi res package. When I try to get winrar to unzip the package, I recieve a crc error message and it says the files are corrupt

loopsider

roxoxx said:
Well, have you seen the screenshots posted before?
These are an interesting example of inutility of change texture option who destroy a game soul!
when i see THE masterpiece Zelda with these ridicule textures, i think that maybe we have reached the end of emulation spirit and we have reached a circus-dimension where everyone can destroy a game, every game, and re-construct-it without respect for the game in-self and crew who made-it.

PS: sorry for my english; if i can talk in my native language, i say more bad words about this.

You sound worse than an extremist moral-vegetarian. You sound like the kind that would bomb research facilities because they used rats.
Destroy a game's graphics without respect for the game?
Now were going to have ROM rights activists running around and putting viruses in the texture packs. great. :happy:.
Tinkering with these textures has given me hours of fun. Dont spoil the fun of it.
This is a great progress in emulation, to get into compressed textures of the game and manipulate them.

MorpheusEternal

Has anyone noticed that Rice's new plugin also fixed the menu screens in HotWheels Turbo Racing!!!!!

Great work!

<edit> And I've just noticed that screenshot of Shadow's texture problem - Saria NUDE!! LOL, hahahahaha..... sorry.. tired...

Last edited:

mongo51983

Zelda Maniac!!!
Mario Kart 64 Glitch's A Little For Me

I noticed that Mario Kart 64 Glitched for me, I'm running it at 1024x768, using the 2x enhancement smooth, wasn't sure if it's the plugin settings, but I know I used to run it with the previous version. Anyone else have this problem with this game?

olivieryuyu

Rice said:
Btw, has anyone paid attention to the Zelda MM lighting problem fix? Zelda MM has lighting problem from the beginning of N64 emulation. In the game, the scene lighting was wrong and the polygons flash randomly. The problem is fixed now. To see the new lighting effects, pay attention closely to the dark areas near torches or shining objects (in the night).

yes i can see it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.