What's new

Rice Video 6.1.0c - HiRez Texture Loader

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trotterwatch

Think I've managed to fix my problem now, removed everything N64 related from my comp + reg entries then installed it all again. Textures now get dumped fine.

Orkin

d1R3c764 & g1|\|64 m4|<3R
Rice said:
Btw, has anyone paid attention to the Zelda MM lighting problem fix? Zelda MM has lighting problem from the beginning of N64 emulation. In the game, the scene lighting was wrong and the polygons flash randomly. The problem is fixed now. To see the new lighting effects, pay attention closely to the dark areas near torches or shining objects (in the night).

I haven't had a chance to try it yet (I'm at work), but I'm very interested...I've spent hours working on this problem without any results.

Congrats on figuring it out, you're a much better reverse-engineer than I, Rice!

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Orkin, thanks.

Zelda MM uses both directional lighting and point lighting. You need to figure out which one is point lighting, and to find out how to do it.

clockwise75

Ganbare Goemon 2 - Deorudero Douchuu Obake Tenkomori (J) [!]
and Goemon's Great Adventure (U) [!] got bugged on v 6.10

Messed-up Konami Logo on start-up and etc.......

clockwise75

and Also regarding on Frame Buffer Effect, before all the effects just Blacked-out, and now I get picture like this (also extreamly slow 7-8 fps)...Is this something to do with my Geforc 4 MX "PCI" card ?

thanks always.....

Trotterwatch

For the messed up logo; start the game - then go to the plugin options, current game options and enable Alternate Texture Size calculation.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Something seems strange with this release... While using directX with the latest official Nvidia drivers (66.93) I can *succesfuly* use the "high end" combiner (it acts somehow like the limited stage 3 combiner) but with all of the combiners most of the framebuffer effects are missing (ie: Menu Background and the notebook in LOZ: MM) except when using the "write back every frame" option. Strange...
As a side note, Yoshi's story is still slow (I can't even remember the version that worked fine with it) :(
The HiRez Texture Loader is a great addition so every possible problem seems like a detail. Great work Rice :)

Last edited:

CF2

Pretends to make sense
Banjo-Tooie doesn't like this new plugin. All of the characters are invisible (Banjo, enemies) in D3D and OGL.

clockwise75

Thanks for the tip Trotterwatch ,It solves Messed-up logo problem...

In this version ,Most of the color combiner problems are gone with limited stage,TNT combiner ,but still old combiner problem: the game "Dual Heroes" The ring rope (?) is just white instead of transparent...in case you don't know...

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
in the plugin settings "Basic Framebuffer" is set as the n64 frame buffer, unfortunatly for me that means 10fps. i had to set it to none to get good fps.. [Majora's Mask]

roxoxx

see the screenshots and cry.....

Well, have you seen the screenshots posted before?
These are an interesting example of inutility of change texture option who destroy a game soul!
when i see THE masterpiece Zelda with these ridicule textures, i think that maybe we have reached the end of emulation spirit and we have reached a circus-dimension where everyone can destroy a game, every game, and re-construct-it without respect for the game in-self and crew who made-it.

PS: sorry for my english; if i can talk in my native language, i say more bad words about this.

ray16

The Grand Potatomaster
roxoxx said:
Well, have you seen the screenshots posted before?
These are an interesting example of inutility of change texture option who destroy a game soul!
when i see THE masterpiece Zelda with these ridicule textures, i think that maybe we have reached the end of emulation spirit and we have reached a circus-dimension where everyone can destroy a game, every game, and re-construct-it without respect for the game in-self and crew who made-it.

PS: sorry for my english; if i can talk in my native language, i say more bad words about this.

What's wrong with updating a games graphics? If anything at all it shows how much people love a game, enough to spend time that could be used for much more prductive things on making higher resolution textures for a classic.

If I was a game developer or an artist and I saw somebody updated some of my old work to look better I'd be happy.

roxoxx

artist?

if i was an artist i had the maximum respect for masterpieces!
for example, you would be able to change bible's ending or chapters?
you would be able to add something to paintings (eg: clothes to Michelangelo's Giudizio Universale??).
Sorry but i don't agree!

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
roxoxx said:
for example, you would be able to change bible's ending or chapters?
Oh please... that is a bad comparison. For the whole issue, let people do as they will. YOU, on the other hand, do not need to use it. So don't. That's alright for you, isn't it?

roxoxx

yes but...

Yes but i think that i can say my opinion about... or this thread is only for people who agree with this?
if yes, then write that is ONLY for who is agree and there is no space for people who don't think so. Beautiful example of "american-style" democracy...

Trotterwatch

No, but whinging constantly about something is frowned upon. If you don't like it, move along and just don't use the plugin. No harm done, no one is going to break into your house in Italy and put it on your computer.

This is an internet forum that uses it's own set of rules - it doesn't have to abide to a true democracy if it doesn't wish to.

Now please from now on stop polluting this thread with off topic nonsense.

SWAT_Marc

Ind. Design Student
roxoxx, the thing is, if you were to uses glasses because you don't see things clear enough, would you use them or would you prefer to remain half-blinded? With this new plugin we (Rice and the ones who made some hi-res textures) tried to keep the feeling of the original game but updating it to today's resolutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.