What's new

Rice Video 6.1.0c - HiRez Texture Loader

Status
Not open for further replies.

XxWWE REVxX

Yes, everything is set up. It works on my laptop, shame it is so f'n slow when playing. My computer is fast so I've been trying to set it up on here.

I checked all the needed options.
Made Folders.
Done everything else.

It loads textures, but they look messed up and sometimes turn see-through.

I don't know where/how it went wrong...

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
DON'T ENABLE THE DUMP OPTION IN ORDER TO PLAY A GAME.

Don't leave the dump option on when you are playing a game, and don't want to dump textures while you are playing the game.

Don't complain the game play is slow with the dump option is on. The texture dumping mode is not for you to play a game.

Turn it off if you don't need really want to dump textures.

Exodia11

Forbidden one
Just curious is there anyway to includ the direct3D6 mode to be compatible with this ?

like have the hi res textures still and dumping but with direct3D6 compatibility

Last edited:

F-3582

Sorry, I had to...
In order to see that effect, you have to play around with the Framebuffer Render-To-Texture options. I personally don't use them, because it makes the whole thing horribly slow.

Dunno if Jabo's plugin does that thing faster. Try it.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Here's a thought, is it possible to add a hack that makes marios head not go all deformed when you view him at a distance? this little annoyance has plagued me for years :p Funny whenever he stands still in a distance his head returns to normal.

It's like the game substitutes the real mario model for a simpler one in these cases, what about overwriting that simple model with the complex one?

XxWWE REVxX

Rice said:
DON'T ENABLE THE DUMP OPTION IN ORDER TO PLAY A GAME.

Don't leave the dump option on when you are playing a game, and don't want to dump textures while you are playing the game.

Don't complain the game play is slow with the dump option is on. The texture dumping mode is not for you to play a game.

Turn it off if you don't need really want to dump textures.

Actually my laptop is so old it always is slow even with the option off. Which is why I'm trying to get it to work on my computer (which is much faster).

Narsos

Textures disappearing with Rices

I have a problem with things disappearing with rices plugin. Doesnt matter if im running in 1964 or pj64. Ive tried 6.1.0.c, and 6.1.1 beta 10. I dont know if its just my system or what so was hoping someone could help. Looks like the same problem dragon_rider posted on page 7 but no one responded. Here are some screens of what is happening:

Last edited:

XxWWE REVxX

I think I want to make this a bit clearer because I dont think I explained it properly.

I want to dump textures and edit them to work on the emulator game. It works on my laptop but since my laptop is so old and slow, it emulates really slowly which makes it unplayable really. I have tried ways to get it to work on my camputer because it is much faster and games are playable on there (smooth speed). The problem is it can't dump textures even when I turn dump on. I have the folders set up and all the plugin files set up correctly (as it worked on my laptop, my laptop actually dumped and loaded textures). My Computer does try to load textures but it freezes when it finds the texture. When/If it does load the texture is half see-through or invisible. It also seems rotated at an odd angle. I wandered if you knew a fix to this problem or if it is possible to fix it when you make the next plugin version.

On my computer the plugin runs perfectly (Graphics, speed, ect), just I have a dump/load texture problem which I am trying to fix. I hope this makes a bit more sence.

Thanks for any help.

Last edited:
OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Make sure to use the latest beta.

Tell how you setup the folders, and make sure you have turned on the option.

Also try to use the debugger version, and pay attention what message you get on the debugger trace.

PistolGrip

I just had a look at Jabo's new video plugin and noticed he has fixed all Pilotwings issues as seen on the very first map and that I have posted about previously.

In your plugin Rice, and pretty much every other one, the sky isn't done correctly, and the "red bullseye target" changes color to green when you come close to it. Since Pilotwings is one of those early UCODE games I think the fixes you make to it could help a lot of other games too.

snes

@Rice:It would be really cool if you support HD-TV's in your next plugin because I want to connect my PC to my new TV.I think many other people wouls be very happy about that too :bouncy:

The2max

Is Rice adding HDTV support necessary? I mean, if you just connect your computer's video output to your HDTV, shouldn't you be seeing the game in High def? I don't understand what the problem is.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.