Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Super Smash Bros Melee topic

I'm not usually the one that will make a thread only for one game, but I like this game and while still testing over the released version of dolwin, I found out some awesome stuff.

First of all, you already know about the patch I did to make the game to boot (US GALE version)

Next thing is while "trying" to find a fix for the bug where it hangs if you don't change language (like in dolphin) I noticed that I didn't changed it and it went ingame with no problem.... I tried again, no luck.... I played with the debugger to see if it was smth I jumped or anything, not luck again, I had some crashes tho.... Now the great thing, after playing with the CPU settings of Dolwin, I found the PERFECT settings, the game runs almost as fast as on dolphin (around 6fps) but it's REALLY stable!

-NO random crashes
    -NO need to change language , means you can play and clear 1P modes.
    -NO wrap from a place to another in the level

Now what you need to do:

-Be sure you have the US version of SSBM
    -download and put the patch for the game in dolwin
    link : http://www.emutalk.net/showpost.php?...33&postcount=5
    -----If you have a GALE ID with another number than 74, just rename to patch to the number of your game, but IT MUST be the id GALE.
    -modify your GAMES.INI to those:

Code:
    [GALE74]
    alttitle=Super Smash Brothers Melee (USA)
    comment=Playable with patch (remove mem cards)
    cf      = 8
    delay   = 3
    bailout = 2
    //arenaLo = 0x80403100
    //arenaHi = 0x81600000
    //loadrun = data\SSBM.s
    //lnfo    =
    -remove BOTH memcards (otherwise the game won't start at all)
    -start the game

Now you should be able to play for the time you want. Here's an "accelerated" video (FRAPS 1.90) of ~3 mins of gameplay (for the real game)

codec: xvid
    lenght: 2:56mins
    resolution : 636x478 (yeah, weird, not 640x480 but close)
    Size: 10.2MB

DOWNLOAD HERE

EDIT: sry for the places I pause or I don't move, I was talking on irc at the same time

enjoy!
    Last edited by Knuckles; February 22nd, 2005 at 04:23.

• Advertising

advertising
      EmuTalk.net
      has no influence
      on the ads that
      are displayed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ufff! Impresionant!
    It's the most advanced progress i can see in the last weeks
    Thank's for the video.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, really nice video!!

OS: Vista Home Premium 32bit || CPU: Core 2 Duo E6750 2.66Ghz & Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro || Mainboard: Abit IP35-E Intel P35 || RAM: Corsair TWIN2X2048-6400 2GB Kit DDR2-800 XMS2-6400 || Graphics: XFX 8800GTS 320MB || Audio: Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme || Storage: Samsung 320GB HD321KJ Spinpoint T|| Disk Drives: NEC AD-7170A-0B Multiwriter Black 18x DVD±RW || Case: Antec Nine Hundred/Ultimate Gamer || PSU: Corsair 520W HX Series Modular

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    UPDATE!

After some hard debugging on 2 computers, comparing games for missing CARD stuff, I managed to fully modify the .MAP file for SSBM and now, you can load/save on mem cards! The only problem found is the ingame timer not working (played time, power time, etc.) everything else works like a charm

see attached shots for proof and the map itself is attached too.

How to install:
    simply extract the GALE74.MAP from the zip and put it in your dolwin/data/ directory, overwrite if it already exists.

WARNING!: I found a bug while testing (Posty reported a similar problem but I think that's that one I've got) the game won't load if all the 4 gamepads aren't enabled 9it will stay at a grey screen)!! You NEED to enable them all to boot the game, I dunno to what it's related but I'll prolly find a way to fix that one day. I'm not sure, but anyway, who cares, you can play like you want and save Even with 4 players!

SIDE NOTE: the image I have is shrinked, if by all I said you can't make it work, it's prolly why, just report, I will try to get it back and don't shrink it, then make back the patch and the map.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SSBM_memcards_dolwin0.JPG 
Views:	4034 
Size:	41.0 KB 
ID:	21797   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SSBM_memcards_dolwin0.5.JPG 
Views:	4092 
Size:	44.8 KB 
ID:	21798   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SSBM_memcards_dolwin1.JPG 
Views:	3797 
Size:	32.8 KB 
ID:	21799  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Knuckles; February 23rd, 2005 at 06:16.

SSBM and Kingdom Hearts fan spyro32's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    man thats some cool progress.to bad my ssbm id is GALP.oh well ill jus have 2 wait
    its been quite a while but im bad,bald and back(ok maybe im not bald )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

O_o :o

Quote Originally Posted by Knuckles
    UPDATE!

After some hard debugging on 2 computers, comparing games for missing CARD stuff, I managed to fully modify the .MAP file for SSBM and now, you can load/save on mem cards! The only problem found is the ingame timer not working (played time, power time, etc.) everything else works like a charm

see attached shots for proof and the map itself is attached too.

How to install:
    simply extract the GALE74.MAP from the zip and put it in your dolwin/data/ directory, overwrite if it already exists.

WARNING!: I found a bug while testing (Posty reported a similar problem but I think that's that one I've got) the game won't load if all the 4 gamepads aren't enabled 9it will stay at a grey screen)!! You NEED to enable them all to boot the game, I dunno to what it's related but I'll prolly find a way to fix that one day. I'm not sure, but anyway, who cares, you can play like you want and save Even with 4 players!

SIDE NOTE: the image I have is shrinked, if by all I said you can't make it work, it's prolly why, just report, I will try to get it back and don't shrink it, then make back the patch and the map.
    What did you do to run/play the game at 40/90 FPS??? Please reply me!!
    CPU: Intel Core Dual Duo Pentium D 7677Mhz (3,40Ghz) Video: GeForce 7600GS Memory: 1GB DDR OS: Windows XP (Home Edition) w/ SP2

My Photoshop Works

And others to my space

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Knux, any change for an GALP (Euro version) patch?
    Congrats on your findings

MSI 975X Power Up Edition | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 | 2GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2-800 4-4-4-12 | Seagate 60 7200RPM PATA UDMA5 & 320 SATA2| Visiontek HD 3870 | Dell 2007WFP 20.1" | SoundBlaster Audigy 2 | Jazz Speakers JS300 2.1 | LG GSA-H12N UDMA4 | Logitech G5 & G15 | Logitech Rumblepad 2 | Epson Stylus CX4700 | Windows XP+SP3 | DirectX 9.0c

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'll prolly try to get the PAL version too, I know most of your got it so I'll make one for that one too (if I find it of course).

Also, if anyone with the US version can test it, can you report if it's working or not plz?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Knuckles
    I'll prolly try to get the PAL version too, I know most of your got it so I'll make one for that one too (if I find it of course).

Also, if anyone with the US version can test it, can you report if it's working or not plz?
    ill test it out today nice job Knux
    how much time did it take you to fix all of the memcard instructions? lol

Federelli...i checked out GALP version but its weird. if knux doesnt have time, ill try to look deaper into it this weekend.

EDIT: Success!!! I got GALP to work! ill post patch soon. no need to enable all controllers for PAL version and Memcards work(me thinks) without any modifications to the .map file.

EDIT2: Ok here's the patch. For some unknown reason the C-stick is stcuk in the Down/Left position. Either the Digital or analog pad is also stuck in the Down (possibly Down/Left also) position. But still, the game is playable. No need to change language for it to go ingame. and...well thats it...

ohh yeah! it does take about a minute before it actually starts/displays something...its going threw code that i have no clue what it does. just let it run, and fter a while youll see either memcard screen or the green screen(intro video) which you can skip by pressing A or Start.
    Also, use the same 8-3-2 settings
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by _Chrono_; February 23rd, 2005 at 17:41.
    --- Intel Pentium 4 2.6GHz - 1024MB DDR400 - Geforce 6600GT AGP8X ---
    --- WD 160GB - WD 120GB - CD-R/RW 52X/32X/52X - Sony DVD+/-RW ---

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    good work, but you didn't have hard work to do

SSBM US was the main problem...
    Last edited by Knuckles; February 23rd, 2005 at 23:44.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast