What's new

Super Smash Bros Melee topic

venganz

well i also got the dang grey screen
ive searched these forums in and out for the solution but i havent found it
i have followed all of knuckles' checklist

Ringking

Commander
I was wondering, after I buy SSBM how do I get it to work?
Do I have to have the cd in, and rip the file to my harddrive, then converted it to Iso or something?

Mouser X

Nope. Your PC CD or DVD drive can't read a GC disk. It's encrypted in such a way that your PC will think there's no disc present at all. Do some searching, and you'll find that you can't rip GC discs at all, using a PC. I won't say more than that, because I don't want to be breaking rules. Sorry. Mouser X out.

Ringking

Commander
Ok, thanks. But may I ask how you play games, such as SSBM? Do you have to download them? ( legally of course). Like am I able to get a .gmc file. For a game I already have?

Mouser X

Well, someone once asked Nintendo about ripping, and based on the answer they got (according to my understanding) it was perfectly legal to rip a copy of your own game. Do some searching, and you can figure out how to do it. As for legally downloading GCM files, I don't know, but I'm pretty sure Nintendo would frown on it, even if you do own the actual game disc itself... I must admit though that I have a few GCM images, and no copy of the original game disc. I have them for different reasons than emulation, or even playing them, though (meaning, I don't have a modded GC either). I have the GCMs for the audio data they contain, not for the games themselves. Like Chibi Robo (yah, audio isn't that great either), Fire Emblem (I wish I had the actual disc, I'd like to play it), Sonic Adventures DX, and a few others.

So, for legality issues, I don't know. I do know that I get them anyway... Does that in any way answer your question in the way you wanted to hear? Mouser X over and out.

Ringking

Commander
I loaded SSBM and got a black screen. I hit the "a' button and the black screen went away, and the SSBM menu appear. saying press start. I hit start and a sighn poped up saying "gfx plugin error". What can I do to fix it. And should the game have sound?

In the GFx error box it says- Damaged fifo buffer, then a whole lot of numbers and stuff.

Last edited:
OP
Knuckles

Knuckles

you must use the Dolphin ported video plugin, not the dolwin one. (available on the dolwin website).

Ringking

Commander
Ok ,thanks. That fixed, yet I have one more problem. When I go memerycard, to click plugged in, once I click it, I get gacko error. I looked through the forum and turned it to interpeter instead of compiler. But same happen. I can be in the menu, but cant save because of this. Can anyone help? I also was wondering, if anyone knows why I can be in the menus, but once I select my character and hit start it freezes?

Also is there sound?

Last edited:

Ringking

Commander
Sorry to double post. But, I noticed after being in a game, exiting, and reopening it. The graphics go bad, and the colors are messed up. But once I restart Dolwin its fine. Also the first time with normal graphics, I cant enter the character selects screen. But the second time, with bad graphics I can. Any know no why?

Last edited:

M@d-F!ghter

hi

i have a SSBM USA version but i still dont know if its the right version and it is a .iso file:
Do u know IF and HOW i can play with this version? Dolwin cant open .iso files...

thx 4 help

EDIT: Ah I found out, that i just have to rename it to .gcm but now i get a grey screen... do you know why?

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
It would do you a lot of good not to post BitTorrent sites (names or otherwise).

M@d-F!ghter

^^ k i deleted it.

referring to my problem, I got still a grey screen, although i've activated ALL controllers in the input plugin and deactivated the memcards (deleted the .mci files in the \data folder) and i put this GALE74 stuf in the game.ini
my system: WinXP Prof. \ AMD 64 3700+ \ Geforce 6800 GT 256 MB \ 2048 MB Ram Dual Core \ ASUS A8N-E Motherboard

can anyone help me please?

Last edited:

Ringking

Commander
Read the forum, it says vary clearly what to do for gray screen and other problems. Try turning all controllers on.

Can anyone help me please with at least one of my many questions I posted earlyer?

M@d-F!ghter

Ringking said:
Read the forum, it says vary clearly what to do for gray screen and other problems. Try turning all controllers on.

Can anyone help me please with at least one of my many questions I posted earlyer?

As i said, i've already turned ALL controllers on (plugged them)! And i think i did everything which was posted in here so what did i wrong?
And what do i have to do with the gale74.patch and gale74.map files in the \date folder? just do nothing or do i have to activate them in the dolwin emulator? (i tried to load/add patch in developements but nothing changed)

Last edited:

Banned
Hey

:drool: wo cean Douwload Super Smash Bros. Melee ? i will thith HAVE!:bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: pleace Say me the link :unsure:

Mouser X

These are the rules of this board. READ THEM FIRST. If you're asking "Where can I download Super Smash Bros. Melee?" then you'll most likely get banned. As would anyone that answers you. CHANGE YOUR POST, otherwise, you'll most likely get banned. Hopefully you do so before a mod comes around. Mouser X out.

vinciejjj

where is the ported dolphin video plugin? i had that link but it gives 404 error
is there another way to get it except clicking on knuckles link