What's new

Super Smash Bros Melee topic

shugonman

hi mens... i am chilean and my english is very bad :(... but i have one problem... me emulator running smash brothers melee in 3.03 frames and i have ATI RADEAON 9250 128 MB - 512 ram -amd sempron 1800 -windows xp ...

sorry for me limited english... :/ thx ;)...

Last edited:

shugonman

hi mens... i am chilean and my english is very bad :(... but i have one problem... me emulator running smash brothers melee in 3.03 frames and i have ATI RADEAON 9250 128 MB - 512 ram -amd sempron 1800 -windows xp ...

sorry for me limited english... :/ thx ;)...

Trev0r

The closest I got to playing smash bros. now is a black screen :( . I got pong to work at only 1fps. and Bust-A-Move 3000 at like 360fps.

dsagames

i have a rate o video 0.0 i try all of tentatives

What is the conmfi to cpu??

counter factor
counter delay and
hadrware bailout?

Last edited:

GCFreak

Hi, everyone. I got Dolwin to work, it's only the control pad that bugs me. When I set my first control pad like this:
pad18xd.jpg

The Control Stick (or the Pad Buttons) they act like they're the opposite button (Left as Right, Up as down, you know.) However when I set up my controls like this:
pad22ib.jpg

Or like this:
pad37hp.jpg

It works, but I can't run, do smash attacks or even jump.

Can anyone help me?

GCFreak.

Tetromega

Your Average Weirdo
any other ideas?

ok, i've followed all advice i've seen thus far on getting the NTSC (US) version of Super Smash Bros Melee to boot, and still have a grey screen.

Copied directly from my Games.ini:

[GALE74]
alttitle=Super Smash Brothers Melee (USA)
comment=supposedly works with patch
cf = 8
delay = 3
bailout = 2
//arenaLo = 0x80403100
//arenaHi = 0x81600000
//loadrun = data\SSBM.s
//lnfo =

I have both the GALE74.map and GALE74.patch in the Dolwin/Data Folder.

All four controllers are enabled, but only controller one has controls set for it. (I'm pretty sure what matters is just that they are plugged in though)

Currently, both memory cards are enabled, as it was said could now be done.

I just updated DirectX

I also turned off the shaders (in the port of the Dolphin GPU) because they don't seem to be compatible with my video card.

and, i also just deleted all registry entries pertaining to it, reinstalled it, put all the patches back in, enabled all controllers, changed games.ini as shown, checked that the memory cards were enabled (and tried it without them) and changed my settings to the following:

Device Type: HAL
No shaders
Both Resolutions 640 x 480
no antialiasing
bi/trilinear texture filtering disabled
MMX/SSE Disabled
Default display list optimization level: 0 Interpret

CPU core: Interpreter
Memory Mode: Simple Translation
CPU timing: 8, 3, 2
Console version: latest production board
High level Geometry library: enabled
Simulate Apploader: Disabled
DSP in fake mode: Enabled
Initial OS arena settings: Default

Any check boxes not mentioned are empty.

I get as far as the black screen with Video: 0.0 at the bottom. The FPS is always either 51 or 26. it also does the glitch where it'll show two Smash Bros and two pongs. Any ideas?

one last thing, to get the patch working, it just has to be in the data folder with the patch option enabled, right?

EDIT: Forgot to menition that i've tried several times to compress the image, and it never finishes. so this is being done with an uncompressed image

Last edited:

jos90

o_O :eek:

Knuckles said:
UPDATE!

After some hard debugging on 2 computers, comparing games for missing CARD stuff, I managed to fully modify the .MAP file for SSBM and now, you can load/save on mem cards! :D The only problem found is the ingame timer not working (played time, power time, etc.) everything else works like a charm :)

see attached shots for proof and the map itself is attached too.

How to install:
simply extract the GALE74.MAP from the zip and put it in your dolwin/data/ directory, overwrite if it already exists.

WARNING!: I found a bug while testing (Posty reported a similar problem but I think that's that one I've got) the game won't load if all the 4 gamepads aren't enabled 9it will stay at a grey screen)!! You NEED to enable them all to boot the game, I dunno to what it's related but I'll prolly find a way to fix that one day. I'm not sure, but anyway, who cares, you can play like you want and save :) Even with 4 players! :)

SIDE NOTE: the image I have is shrinked, if by all I said you can't make it work, it's prolly why, just report, I will try to get it back and don't shrink it, then make back the patch and the map.

What did you do to run/play the game at 40/90 FPS??? Please reply me!!