What's new

shrink

.TrIdAn.

3D Designer
:robot:

hi i was wondering if i shrinked a gcm would it run faster?
I did it ones but and stpoed skink.

Dysprosium

Graphics Designer
.. No. Shrinking only sometimes changes compatability to make it work by organizing the file in a way that Dolphin can understand easier. Other then that, and breaking compatability with that game, it doesn't enhance speed. Sorry.

OP
.TrIdAn.

.TrIdAn.

3D Designer
well guess it wont make any differense.
anyways i am doing a model skin of my gotenks and i want to do a thjread of it any of u know in what forum can i post it?

ArgJuli

Argentine emutalk-tennisplayer
Vile324: When shrinking a gcm file may change the compability......but sometimes it runs a litle bit more faster than not shrinked.....if not shrinked a game goes 6.17FPs when you shrink it it runs at 7.28FPs.....or I am confused???

djnforce9

Wouldn't shrink just removed the massive unused data at the end of a GCM (which explains why 1.2 Gig can sometimes compress to less than 100MB in winrar). I can't see that boosting framerates at all except that if the GCM is loaded into ram, it'd be a lot lighter weight.

I'll have to find this actually. There's no reason to have a 48MB puzzle bobble 3000 take over 1 Gig.

txOjO

MDKEiToR
When you have a gcm of 48mb and you have some memoy 512mb (for example) you can send al gcm to the memory ,but if you have a 1gb gcm, your memory can't attach this big file in a time and charge parts of them , if you expertiment the same gcm shrinked and not shirnked , you can see fast results on a less mb file :)

DOGG

JinXD said:
Not quite, there is an app out there that can do something similar, it fixes Biohazard4 trial by "unshrinking".....

it's probably specifically written for that particular rom.

i mean, the junk data is taken out and doesn't get saved anywhere, so how in the world are you supposed to put it back after it's gone. Nothing can reproduce the original IMO.

JinXD

DOGG said:
it's probably specifically written for that particular rom.

i mean, the junk data is taken out and doesn't get saved anywhere, so how in the world are you supposed to put it back after it's gone. Nothing can reproduce the original IMO.
It isn't game (not "rom") specific, can't remember exactly what it does. It fixes games which are broken by the release groups.....

I'll see if I can find a legal link.

DOGG

JinXD said:
It isn't game (not "rom") specific, can't remember exactly what it does. It fixes games which are broken by the release groups.....

I'll see if I can find a legal link.

While i don't wanna get into a debate about such irrelevant things, technically it is a ROM (read only memory) as it comes off a mini-DVD-ROM.

I doubt that you could 'unshrink' images unless there are some sort of markers in the image, with specific addresses where the junk data begins/ends. In that case, you could just add all 00s in between the markers and reproduce the image. I thought the junk 'data' was random stuff. But considering that images can be highly compressed, i conclude that it's not data but just empty space (00s). So in short, yeah it could be possible if the image files contain the necessary data.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
If it contains all random crap, then why could you not just re-fill it with random junk? But does it matter anyway? GC games are not meant to be played on PC :p

JinXD

NFO:

Code:
VERSION 1.3 FIXED (Sorry missing 1 output test last time!)

Ok Guys there is another version for your pleasure !

fstfix.exe v1.3b Wiped GCM Fixer by SlideR/LOONYCUBE!

USAGE: fstfix image.gcm [option] [option]...

--------------------------------------------------------------
What's New [18/01/2005]: v1.3b    

-Fixed and changed align method.
	       Now all files is properly aligned 

-Fixed FULLSIZE padding oversize probs.

-Added 3 GIGS padding. (May solve Reading Disk Error!)
	       Use [ G ] instead of [ F ] in command line.

-Added Auto Detection and Fix Streaming Files (!BETA!)
               Use [ S ] in command line.

-Added Tweak align method (Force all files on 32k.) 	
               Use [ T ] in command line.

Example: fstfix gamecube.gcm s f

(v1.2b Not public released !)
What's New [14/01/2005]: v1.1b

-Fixed suspect iregular position of DOL in the ISO

-Fixed multiple of 2048 bytes for standar iso 
        -Nero work better this way !!!

-Added extended command to build fullsize ouput iso
	-Only use [ F ] and the end of command line

Example: fstfix gamecube.gcm f

Original release v1.0b

My program aligns all file of a GCM on a 32kbytes boundary,
so mostly all badly wiped GCM are working now!

Warning don't use it on your FULLSIZE gcm keep the scene free 
of shit and only use it on WIPED to fix those crapy release!

FullSize iso still the most reliable thing!

Greet to my friend!  ..... Hey well not enought friend to write :P

Any Bug Repport to: [email protected]
		    Please try to fill all information and title
		    to help me detecting the bug! Thanx!

And never forget to buy original it's always the best!
NB The tool is designed to fix games for use with the viper modchip, although it also helps on occassion with Dolphin and probably other GC emulators.

Last edited: