What's new

Nintendo Revolution discussions

dragon_rider

私は竜が好き&#
If there is already a thread on this, let me know. If there isn't, perhaps I'll start one. I'd like to discuss various rumors about Nintendo's uocoming system.

Modem

ph33r teh hammy!
What's there to say about it? Nothing has really been revealed, just, as you said, rumored. They'll release it with a Mario game, plus a few other launch titles, then a Zelda/Metroid game a few months later. Like they always do nowadays. :)

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
'Course they did... a new smash brothers game is bound to come. It was on the n64 and then the gamecube. It's a very popular game, and we love it! :p
What other rumours, though?

OP
dragon_rider

dragon_rider

私は竜が好き&#
S...S...S...S...S...Super Smash Bros?!!?!? Holy crap! Another rumor about the Revolution, it supposedly has a VGA input in addition to standard RCA connections, so it can hook up to a PC monitor/TV. What advantage would hooking up to PC monitor have? Maybe higher resolution? And I also heard it might use either Blu Ray or HD DVD for its games.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Hmmmm... well now that's intresting. When has nintendo not aimed for all generations? Wow, news to me.

JuGz

Heavy Metal Master
They'll change controller type, no more classic joypad but something that recognizes pressures of your fingers over the controller..
It will be revealed at the E3 2005, anyway..

I hope it won't be their last console ever.. :bye3:

Stezo2k

S-2K
Jaz said:
At least one press release from Nintendo saying that their new console is "not aimed at kids".

great, hopefully this should be as good/better than the n64 then

fingers crossed.........

JuGz

Heavy Metal Master
Stezo2k said:
great, hopefully this should be as good/better than the n64 then

fingers crossed.........

It will aim to the families target, that's pretty equivalent.. :whistling

Gorxon

Administrator
JuGz said:
They'll change controller type, no more classic joypad but something that recognizes pressures of your fingers over the controller..
It will be revealed at the E3 2005, anyway..

I hope it won't be their last console ever.. :bye3:

Got any sources for this rumor?

JuGz

Heavy Metal Master
Gorxon said:
Got any sources for this rumor?

Read them in some vgaming portals here in Italy.. But as I said they are rumors, but the fact they wanna change controller type is true.

Anther (bad) news is that it won't be retrocompatible with the Gamecube games..

Allnatural

JuGz said:
Anther (bad) news is that it won't be retrocompatible with the Gamecube games..
Where was that reported? The talk up until now has been that it will be backwards compatible.

btw, I don't know about pressure sensitivity (not that it'd be new anyway) but the controllers are supposed to be tilt-sensitive. Not sure I'll care for that, but only time will tell...