What's new

Star Wars Rogue Leader - Rogue Squadron II and dolphin

dancta

I need help, i cant play Star Wars Rogue Leader - Rogue Squadron II on dolphin

Last edited:
OP
D

dancta

My Comp is Athlon sempron 2200+ 512 Ram Kingstone Gigacube Radeon 9600 xt 120 gb seagate hdd and i cant ran the game, the gcm file. Can u help me??? The game is very cool and i can play only on gamecube...

JinXD

Doesn't work with Dolphin I'm afraid, any game with the SPR_SDR error is not gonna work.....

EDIT: You also have framebuffer enabled, only use that with homebrew.

Last edited:
OP
D

dancta

wath is the spr_sdr error, and with doesnt work???, the gcm file is corupt???,wath is the problem???

JinXD

The problem is with Dolphin, not the image. Maybe a future release will fix it, you'll have to wait and hope.....

ector

Emulator Developer
The Rouge Leader games will not be easy to get running as they really use the MMU seriously unlike most other games, and we haven't emulated it. If we did managed to emulate it, it would cause quite a performance drop, and Dolphin is slow enough already don't you think? :)

Besides, these games push the gamecube so hard that I'd be surprised if we'd get above 1 FPS..

Last edited:

Dysprosium

Graphics Designer
ector said:
The Rouge Leader games (are there more that gives the spr_sdr? if so please list them here!) will not be easy to get running as they really use the MMU seriously unlike most other games, and we haven't emulated it. If we did managed to emulate it, it would cause quite a performance drop, and Dolphin is slow enough already don't you think? :)

Besides, these games push the gamecube so hard that I'd be surprised if we'd get above 1 FPS..

Yes, but isn't it possible to make it ignore the error and continue emulating what it can? I mean, if you haven't emulated it it's one thing, but surely it has to use normal Gamecube effects!

..... I'm wrong, aren't I? :p

DarthDazDC

An Alright Guy
lol yeah. if it cant run because a certain thing is unemulated, then u havent got a gud chance of runnin it :p

Dysprosium

Graphics Designer
DarthDazDC said:
lol yeah. if it cant run because a certain thing is unemulated, then u havent got a gud chance of runnin it :p

Not quite, I have a feeling it doesn't use it completely. Even if it uses that part of the GCN's hardware extensively, it still means it could emulate a bit. I'm no coding expert, but that's what I interpret. I mean, they've got that "ignore unemulated opcodes" and it ignores some of them, but it still keeps emulating, no? It's probably not the same concept though.

ector

Emulator Developer
Nah this is quite different.
Skip my request above about a listing though, it turned out that the information had already been collected :p

Federelli

Beta Tester
It seems like the rogue squadron series are the enemies of emulators.

Well... almost every lucasarts console game :p. Damn those guys can code weird stuff.

OP
D

dancta

And these games, the roque games can be play only on game cube...that is not right...and i thing is not a good affair to buy the console only to play 2 games...it will cost 200 euros...damn...

JinXD

dancta said:
And these games, the roque games can be play only on game cube...that is not right...and i thing is not a good affair to buy the console only to play 2 games...it will cost 200 euros...damn...
Don't expect Dolphin to replace buying the cube, if you can't afford it then tough.

Luke Skywalker

ok today i just purchased a GC and SW Rogue squadron 2 because i'm tired after waiting in five years for this game to be supported in Dolphin... But it was worth the money :bouncy: