What's new

Black & White problems

DistantJ

Heya everyone. I'm experiencing a quite nasty problem. If, at any point in a game, the display is supposed to appear black and white(or bronze and black or whatever), I just get either a blank screen or a manic flicker which is really unfriendly on the eyes. This wasn't very fun in Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask. Is there an option I should have enabled/disabled which I don't? I'm using Jabo's plugin on an ATI Radeon 9200

Clements

Sounds like the unemulated B&W cut scenes problem with Jabo's. I think Rice's Video is able to display them.

.hack_infect

In Zelda and Majora's Mask..I get almost perfect emulation in my GeForce FX 5200 using Direct64 with latest drivers. Tried that plug-in or glN64 which uses OpenGL...

WhiteX

For the GeForce FX 5200, this old dude recommends the 61.77 drivers, the new ones are full of GeF 6 opmizations making some nasty behaviors on older cards.

.hack_infect

WhiteX said:
For the GeForce FX 5200, this old dude recommends the 61.77 drivers, the new ones are full of GeF 6 opmizations making some nasty behaviors on older cards.

True but NVidia Setup doesnt install the same driver (nv_*.dll) on all the cards. Every card with the common GPU has there own driver hence newer drivers probs/opts dont affect old ones.

WhiteX

.hack_infect said:
True but NVidia Setup doesnt install the same driver (nv_*.dll) on all the cards. Every card with the common GPU has there own driver hence newer drivers probs/opts dont affect old ones.

Experimentation with benchmark utilities and games (Doom3 for an example) made me stick with 61.77 in my case mainly due to performance.

OP
D

DistantJ

I have heard from a few people that gln64 runs Zelda with no problems, but the thing runs so horribly slow and the sound goes uber-choppy. =/ and direct64 doesn't even do anything, I just get a blank screen and no sound. And yes, I do have the gl wrapper file in my pj64 directory.

.hack_infect

DistantJ said:
I have heard from a few people that gln64 runs Zelda with no problems, but the thing runs so horribly slow and the sound goes uber-choppy. =/ and direct64 doesn't even do anything, I just get a blank screen and no sound. And yes, I do have the gl wrapper file in my pj64 directory.

Direct64 and GLN64 dont use glide for API. They use D3D and OpenGL. They depend on your video card. What vid do you have?DirectX? Updated drivers sound/DX/vid card?