What's new

site updated

Knuckles

I got off my lazy ass and updated the site.

I didn't only update the news, otherwise it wouldn't worth anything to do a thread only for that. I have redone the site using frames, took longer to do but will be faster/easier to add more news. I also cleaned the screenshots section along with the downloads one. I did new shots for every maps. The site is also made for 1024x768 (and 1152x864) and for 1280x960 and higher.

Also , I moved the site to a normal /PD2004/ address, no more /Site/Index.html! :) now, you only need :

http://alpha.emulation64.com/PD2004/

to avoid people saying the site is gone, I added an automatic redirection to the old site, that doesn't exist anymore.

note: It was done with frontpage and I was working with IE, so tell me if you have problems with firefox , opera or any other browsers.

Last edited:

Falcon4ever

Plugin coder / Betatester
I'm using firefox 1.0
check the screenshots for bugs ;)
(check out the strange images at the tables)

matthew

as a tip you shouldn't really make sites for certain resolutions as sometimes the larger monitors don't work with the site as they may be set to higher resolution
or if for example its a lower resolution monitor that only displays 800x600
try to use percentages of the screenwidth rather than fixed widths so the tables can shrink and expand to suit the browser

for example the tables of this forum use percentage of screenwidth so that they can shrink and expand see for yourself on this page

OP
Knuckles

Knuckles

Falcon4ever : it most be due to the cells borders, it works perfectly here (it was the same thing on the previous version) , I get the same result with firefox here :\

Also, seems like the added font aren't working with firefox... I made it so it can be loaded with the page (the font doesn't need to be installed) , maybe firefox is blocking or not supporting that ? ...

PHP:
<STYLE TYPE="text/css">
<!-- /* $WEFT -- Created by: Knuckles ([email protected]) on 15/01/2005 -- */
  @font-face {
    font-family: Denmark;
    font-style:  normal;
    font-weight: normal;
    src: url(DENMARK1.eot);
  }
  @font-face {
    font-family: Denmark;
    font-style:  normal;
    font-weight: 700;
    src: url(DENMARK0.eot);
  }
-->
</STYLE>

any help?

it should normally look like that :

Last edited:

matthew

Oh and don't use front page its not wc3 compliant so that means your going to have a job making it cross browser compatable

OP
Knuckles

Knuckles

matthew : what editor you suggest me? my html skillz are only basic and I need smth visual ;)

G_Yoshi : just search for the Denmark font on google, I don't remember where I got it ( I had to search a lot)

smcd

for (free) WYSIWYG editing, try http://www.nvu.com/ it even has a "w3c check" thing built in! Linux and Windows, based on Mozilla and backed by Lindows/Linspire. It's fairly decent.

matthew

sethmcdoogle said:
for (free) WYSIWYG editing, try http://www.nvu.com/ it even has a "w3c check" thing built in! Linux and Windows, based on Mozilla and backed by Lindows/Linspire. It's fairly decent.

what he said
yeh its great for website design that is standards compliant
that means you'll be able to appeal to a wider audience
and best of all its free :D