What's new

bloom shader effect

ggab

Emutalk Member
sorry, but, what's the HRDish custom shader? a hacked PD's rom?
i have no idea.....

PS: that sshots look REALLY greatttt! ;)

ray16

The Grand Potatomaster
ggab said:
sorry, but, what's the HRDish custom shader? a hacked PD's rom?
i have no idea.....

PS: that sshots look REALLY greatttt! ;)

It's a Smartshader made by a guy named NitroGL for a Smartshader contest held at www.driverheaven.net a while ago. Smartshaders are a feature of ATI's drivers.

Last edited:

WildNinji

Could you please attach smaller (in KB) files next time? Us on 56k have big trubles downloading some many big files.

BTW these screens are impressive!

OP
S

SubCog

cooliscool said:
Damn those are nice..

Wish I could use HDRish.. it crashes my PC whenever I try to use it with Gln64. :(

actually I took 'em with opengl with rice 5.9.9. There's tons of graphics errors (I had to take screenshots that didn't show 'em), and the bloom effect looks really crappy in the other levels (especially the daylight ones).

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Yes, they only work with ATi cards supporting PS2.0 (9500+).

SubCog: What drivers/Plugin/videocard are you running? It keeps crashing my PC with Cat 4.12/Rice's OGL PixelShader on my 9600XT 128MB..

OP
S

SubCog

i'm running cats 4.12, rice 6.0.c, on a radeon 9800.

I don't know why it would crash your pc. They are VERY gpu intensive. Maybe you could try lowering the resolution you're running 1964 at?

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
http://www.beyond3d.com/downloads/smartshader/

Get pssControl2.zip entries.zip AND psseffects.zip

Extract psscontrol2.zip to any folder

Extract the "all" folder from entries.zip to the same folder
Extract psseffects.zip to the same folder
Open pssControl2.exe and browse the "all" folder for desired effect
All you have to do is open one of the .pss files and its automatically turned on To turn off smartshader just hit the fat button that says it.

HDRish is the one your looking for. it was made by NitroGL, its a ittle bit over done though.
also if you want motion blur, use Ghost from psseffects.zip (the one from entries.zip does not work)

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
Dropping the HDRish effect to half makes it way more useable, I like this a lot, I'll have to install a game or something to test it out.

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
You have to edit a line of code in the file, I can't remeber it off the top of my head, i think the link cooliscool gave you should tell you how.

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Got it working.. apperently it was my installation of Pj64 not liking it. Re-downloaded PJ64 and all is good.. :D

All these taken with Rice's OGL 6.0.0/Fragment Shader

thelegendofzelda04ud.jpg

thelegendofzelda10vd.jpg

thelegendofzelda22tj.jpg

thelegendofzelda38ef.jpg

thelegendofzelda46af.jpg

thelegendofzelda55qm.jpg

thelegendofzelda68tr.jpg

thelegendofzelda75sy.jpg

thelegendofzelda87hg.jpg