What's new

I did a few 64 emulation reviews.

Trotterwatch

Some feedback for you.

The N64 one is littered with errors I'm afraid, such as the statement about Nemu not being updated since the year 2000. In fact if you check; http://www.nemu.com/ You'll find Nemu 0.8 was released in 2003 and is pretty damn good :)

The issues you found in 1964 were not emulator related, they were actually related to the default graphics plugin (Rices 5.20 I believe). This plugin has been updated many times, but if that still doesn't work for you, then use one of the many other plugins from emulators which are interchangable.

I think you need to redo these reviews ;) Good effort though.

OP
D

dreampolice

GREAT! that is the type of feedback I need! I did have better luck with different graphic plugins, but I wanted to test everything out of the box. If there is a better plugin for video why doesnt the emulator come with it? I will change the dates however. THANKS!

Trotterwatch

Different plugins come out all of the time. Usually the emulator packages don't change though.

A few plugins that are highly recommended:

Jabos D3D (comes exclusively with PJ64 distributions; PJ64 SP1 has the latest version) This can be used with all emulators; likewise with:

Rices Video 5.99 (GL+D3D)
Direct64 (DX plugin) GL64 (GL)
Glide64 + bundled Glide wrapper done by the talented author of Mupen64 (Hacktaurux)
Lemmys D3D8 plugin is great too

There are others about too; check the plugins section of this site.