What's new

Rules Discussion / Complaints

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
I'm never one to really complain about rules. They are great guidelines for making sure forums are run properly.

Rule 10 here however does make it tough for anyone whom is trying to possibly post about a problem specific to a certain game, is it not?

ie. "Hey game so and so locks up on level whatever, or crashes at this point, or etc....."

or is that information simply not wanted or needed at this stage?

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
I don't think that it does. If it's a bad rip (or fake) it doesn't matter if it was downloaded or ripped. It'll be obvious is since no one else will have the same problem (crashes, lockups, etc.).

OP
Azimer

Azimer

Emulator Developer
My intention is to prevent people spouting their mouth about their rom collections. It draws the attention of people looking for those images. I will not enforce the rule for those who make a passing reference. However, if they are asking for help with the images they downloaded, it will not pass. "Mario Golf does not work" is fine... or "Mario Golf by blah blah blah does not work" is fine... However, "I downloaded Mario Golf and it had 4 rar files... how do I extract it?" is not fine. This is not a piracy help forum, but an emulation help forum. If it's in regards to emulation, fine. In regards to piracy, no.

Dr.Mad

Dr.Eggman's collegue
Hey all, I'm new here. I wanted to ask this before doing anything stupid:
one rule says it's not allowed to ask how to rip an ISO... I'm not sure I totally understand: does that mean it's forbidden to ask how I can extract a certain sound from an emulated game?
Thanks

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Dr.Mad said:
Hey all, I'm new here. I wanted to ask this before doing anything stupid:
one rule says it's not allowed to ask how to rip an ISO... I'm not sure I totally understand: does that mean it's forbidden to ask how I can extract a certain sound from an emulated game?
Thanks
I'd say that that is not forbidden.

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
Ringking said:
Would it be ok to ask:

Does any one know where I can I get Super Smash Bros melee.gmc . I have the game, but not the tools to rip it to harddrive.

Or is it against the rules?

yes it is against the rules to ask where to get roms/games
delete your post before a mod sees it

BlueFalcon7

NES_player4LIFE said:
yes it is against the rules to ask where to get roms/games
delete your post before a mod sees it

a moderator can see your post even if you delete it, or edit it

Trotterwatch

In this case as he has deleted it I'd be inclined to let him off. And yes I seen the post before he did so.

Once more though and it is indeed ban no matter how vague the request.