What's new

GoodN64 crashes

Robbie7

Hi...

I'm rather new to N64 emulators but after reading various sites I decided to give it a go.
The problem I'm having is with GoodN64.
Everytime I try to "verify" my ROMS with it (or even when I'm just pointing to my ROMS folder) it closes down and I get this message:

GoodWindows.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

If I press details I get this:

AppName: goodwindows.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: kernel32.dll
ModVer: 5.1.2600.2180 Offset: 0001eb33

:huh:

I'm using Project64 and 1964 emulators and they work fine... But for the ROMS I have to be usable in Project64 I need to use GoodN64 and that's impossible as it is :(

I've tried to reinstall GoodN64 (with GoodWindows, GUI... ect.) but to no avail.

Any help will be much appriciated!

Best Regards - Robbie

xamenus

GoodWindows is known to crash the newer Good Tools. It is out of date. Either use the commandline or use GoodGUI.

OP
R

Robbie7

Thanks for replying.... I had tried searching the forum as I myself find it very annoying when the same questions are asked over and over again... But I didn't find anything.

I tried to do as the thred above said but my problem is that every time I open a folder under Goodwindows-GoodN64 where there's ROM-files that have been scanned/renamed the program crashes. It a bit annoying as I also have put ROMS there that haven't been scanned yet. Is it normal that it crashes when I go to these folders in GoodWindows??

Clements

It may be because you still have the have/miss lists in the folder. Try taking them out and see if it crashes.

OP
R

Robbie7

K thanks... I'll do it (would be stupid not to??) :)

Thanks for all your help, you've been mostly kind - All the best in the new year!

OP
R

Robbie7

By the way:

Do I need to install the GoodGUI if I'm using GoodN64 through GoodWindows? :confused:

It works without it but so I guess not, but is it needed?

Allnatural

Robbie7 said:
Do I need to install the GoodGUI if I'm using GoodN64 through GoodWindows? :confused:

It works without it but so I guess not, but is it needed?
Both are frontends; use whichever one you wish.