What's new

Mario64 Bob-Omb Battlefield - Discussions here

OP
Knuckles

Knuckles

Well, since you all want it, I prepared and I release tonight, right away, a beta version that you can download, and play in :) It's almost fully done but still stuff missing, read the READ ME!.txt inside to get all the info ;)

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD

Size : 3MB
Type: .Rar (WinRar compression format)
instructions : READ ME!.txt inside ;)

Feel free to post comments!!!

CY:G

Great map, played it, loved it...

Here are some pics for the peeps that are not @ home right now

Last edited:

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
Awesome awesome map, Knux and I played for a bit last night, I love this map, can't wait for the finished product. Keep it up Knux!

OP
Knuckles

Knuckles

We just arrive from playing 2 games , Me, Posty, Hex, GuyB ( goldeneye mod mapper) , and some other guys getting the map and come in. I can say, I never played like that, that was freaking awesome!!!! I just had time to make 2 shots , the 1st one was made fast, somone was coming :p

but you can see, I won! :p

OP
Knuckles

Knuckles

Yeah, we can play again tonight, I'll have some time, not too late tho, I come back around 21H45 (GMT -5) so be sure to be online at this time or you wont play! :p

Last edited:

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
One pic from me playing instant action today, the field as it is meant to be dominated... BY BENDER.

Life is Hilariously Cruel.

sethdonut

Super Cipap Newbie
And then at the end of the match you should have said, "Oh yeah, did I mention I made this map?"

sheik124

Emutalk Member
whoop, downloading this right now and hosting a team deathmatch game, name : "Super Mario 64 Madness"
join ppl, i'm bored as hell

EDIT: since I have them, I may as well post them
Here is some screenshots, taken with 16x AF and 8xS AA, oh yeah, :term:

Shot00002.jpg

Shot00003.jpg

Shot00004.jpg

Shot00005.jpg

Shot00006.jpg

Shot00007.jpg

Shot00008.jpg

Shot00009.jpg

Shot00010.jpg

Shot00011.jpg

Shot00012.jpg

Shot00013.jpg

wow, this is gonna reap serious havok upon my photobucket account
EDIT: looks like gaybucket decided to resize my pictures, they are all SUPPOSED to be 1280x1024, who cares

Last edited:
OP
Knuckles

Knuckles

Well , we played last night again, and here are the last shots from me for this map! :p Next ones will be from the G5 building!

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
I just tried out this map, I love it.. its done so well... very impressed, I wish there was a mario character.. that'd be awesome.. loads of marios wandering around shooting each other on that map.

WhiteX

I guess it would be dumb but i got to ask before buying an expensive game, can it be played through dial up?
If so i´ll have to lay my hands on a copy, being a Mario from Hell was always my dream.

JinXD

WhiteX said:
I guess it would be dumb but i got to ask before buying an expensive game, can it be played through dial up?
If so i´ll have to lay my hands on a copy, being a Mario from Hell was always my dream.
Yes it will "work" through dial-up, but virtually unplayable because of lag. You could just play the map through instant action (offline with bots).

OP
Knuckles

Knuckles

Ok, I did a "new" version of the map, the changes:

-totaly new mesh:
---Previous version was using the mesh extracted by the TR64 OGL plugin, which extract everything with really wrong proportions. the map wasn't of the accurate proportions and most walls were not at a perfect 90 degrees angle. I re-extracted it using Lemmy's nemu video plugin with the textures, so I got a perfect scale and perfect proportions along with perfect textures aligments so I didn't have to put all textures back again.
-working grid door
---added a fully working grid door with the purple ! switch.
-Change some jumppads properties
-Full change of pickups locations/starting points.
-added health vials
-fixed a bit the skybox (still not perfect)
-changed trees with collisions instead of insivible semi-solid meshes

Here are the shots, I will release it tomorrow( almost sure):

M64_NEW_1.JPG

M64_NEW_2.JPG

M64_NEW_3.JPG

M64_NEW_4.JPG

M64_NEW_5.JPG

Last edited: