What's new

Weapons - Discussions here

Knuckles

Since it is PD related, I will post the shots here too. I hope I'll get someone to animate them and put them ingame.

Also, I'm making the facility for the GE mod, the multiplayer part is already done so I started to retexture it with the PD textures, I will make the PD Felicity at the same time. It's the next map that will be released ;)

G_Yoshi

Knuckles said:
Since it is PD related, I will post the shots here too. I hope I'll get someone to animate them and put them ingame.

Also, I'm making the facility for the GE mod, the multiplayer part is already done so I started to retexture it with the PD textures, I will make the PD Felicity at the same time. It's the next map that will be released ;)

WOAH! Those are friggin' sweet! I am loving this more by the second.

Kronos

I love this Maps. What a great job your doing. Can't wait for your next one. Anyone have a server, or know of one running this maps?

Mr.Garrison

These maps so rules!

Anyways, Knuckles, are these weapons exact replicates :) of the originals? And please make em a mod will ye!?!?

OP
Knuckles

Knuckles

Kronos: I sometime put on a server, but since they take a while to download (music) someone people are waiting too much and are quiting before the download are done.

Mr.Garrison: Those guns are right out from the game, original mesh and textures ect. those will be added ingame as soon as I find someone to animate them and to put them ingame.....

OP
Knuckles

Knuckles

ok, this is a new thing, I've got the laptop gun in UED, retextured it and added the shine effect on it. I got it converted in static mesh and so. now, I'm getting help trying to put it ingame (omg yeah, a PD gun in UT!). I hope it will work. Here are some shot of a fully texture laptop gun in UED:

Last edited:
OP
Knuckles

Knuckles

Well, as I told you, we got it ingame, of course, for the guy that helped me, it's the first gun he added in UT2k4! so It's not perfect :p , the gun is 2x too big, and it not at the good place and also the animations are not on it + not right sounds + not real fire modes.

here's a shot from ingame in Skedar :

OP
Knuckles

Knuckles

here's we go! I fixed most things on it! I put it ingame NORMALLY (not thru a mutator), it is almost good sized, at the good place on screen , + there are the PD ammo boxes with their original pickup sound :) , the primary fire mode got the original sound on it too :).

Things left to do on it:
-animations
-second fonction (Sentry gun)
-fire effect (when shooting, right now, you only hear the sound)
-bullet marks on walls
-ground pickup (not spinning on a weapon base)

Here are some shots:

EDIT: here's a small video (pickup + shooting w/sound) CLICK HERE

Last edited:

EndoLuft

Wonderful job Knuckles. It's good to see someone who does more walking than talking. When this mod is further along, I'll most certainly have to pick up UT2K4 and play this with my friends.

I am also looking forward to seeing your work on the Goldeneye Project mod.
Keep up the good work!

OP
Knuckles

Knuckles

Well, as I said some mins ago, the MagSec4 is now in! I just need to figure out the same things as the laptop gun + the dual guns mode.... (won't be hard)

the other thing is that the gun is the "high-res" version when you look at it from the info screen, but the hand is took from the 1st person view because, in the 1st person view, the gun isn't completly draw by the game.

P.S. After over 3 months, I updated the news on my website :p, if you want to see all shots in once, get there.

Last edited:

posty_2k3

T3h pwn3r3r
Beautiful. I really need to buy UT2k4 XD But I'm saving up for a new cpu/mobo first. (i wonder if my step dad will let me pay it off as i get money....)

sethdonut

Super Cipap Newbie
It's been a while since I'd played, but did you see the hand in first-person view with some guns? I don't remember seeing any hands for guns, besides mines (which I hope you get to next :whistling )

G_Yoshi

sethdonut said:
It's been a while since I'd played, but did you see the hand in first-person view with some guns? I don't remember seeing any hands for guns, besides mines (which I hope you get to next :whistling )
There were several guns that you saw the hand holding them in 1st person view. Practically, all the hand guns had hands attached to them and even some of the larger weapons like the Reaper (that'll be fun to see running in UT2k4).