What's new

Weapons - Discussions here

Antonskarp

Great! The cheeses were SO much fun! ^^ Thankyouthankyouthankyou!
Is it possible to use UT2004 maps in UT2003? Because I have that one..

Last edited:
OP
Knuckles

Knuckles

Both Skedar and Ravine were made under UT2003, so you can play both, Complex won't work tho, I got a report that someone tried and it crashed when loading the static Meshes.

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Did you still try to get ALL the textures of GE and PD? Then you could probably interested in the GE & PD Face mapper, of Rarewitchproject, where you can see all these textures, don't know wheather you can extract them, but probably it helps you, for your great mod project.
http://www.rarewitchproject.com/

BTW:The GE&PD Mod Teams have they announced there mods and have they a website?

OP
Knuckles

Knuckles

To answer to you, I'm only using the TR64 OGL/Lemmy's GFX plugins to extract the textures I NEED when playing, so no need for save stats and so, I play, I see a texture I need, I extract it , then continue .

For the site, you know both of them.... the link for the PD mod (mine) is on my sig and the GE one is on my site (link section). the GE one is announced on multiple forums/mod database, my PD one too but a bit less, it's on ModDB, and I try to make some publicity around the PD/ UT forums.

For the mod now, since I'm fixing my "bad" Skedar (1st map :p), everything is unaligned, lighting/BSP problems, even some missing stuff, I also put the Dragon in, still no animations on any guns but still same stuff, sounds, ammo and model.

A second version of Skedar will be released including:
-Re-aligned everything on the grid (no more BSP cuts/ Holes in walls)
-Scaled the map to make it bigger (more of the PD scale)
-Fixed lighting at a lot of places
-Changed the starting points to the REAL PD ones
-Changed the Weapons location to the REAL PD ones (but UT2k4 guns)
-Fixed Sky color
-added a missing "lighting" effect at one place*

*in the "should do" list, doesn't meen I will do it.

MasterPhW

Knuckles said:
To answer to you, I'm only using the TR64 OGL/Lemmy's GFX plugins to extract the textures I NEED when playing, so no need for save stats and so, I play, I see a texture I need, I extract it , then continue .

For the site, you know both of them.... the link for the PD mod (mine) is on my sig and the GE one is on my site (link section). the GE one is announced on multiple forums/mod database, my PD one too but a bit less, it's on ModDB, and I try to make some publicity around the PD/ UT forums.
Thanks for the link of the GE on.. your site I visit often, but the other one I never saw before... you are a Sound engineerer, too?
Multimaster our knux!
BTW: a good beginning for making your mod more public will be the relaunch at the 1st semptember of http://www.modnetwork.de/... try it, it's one of the most visited sites in europe... just an advice...
Good luuck and great projects!

MasterPhW

christf1982 said:
Hmm there seem to be a little silence of death here....
That's like aemu, it needs a lot of hard work and all of these guys are working in their freetime, so wait and we will see (more impressive screens, for example)...

BTW: Knux is Beta tester, too...
that needs a lot time, too
and don't forget his real LIFE!

OP
Knuckles

Knuckles

Sayargh said:
real life?? whats that :)

It's something I have and you don't :p

Of course I don't have really the time to map right now, school started back 4 weeks ago for me , thing that takes most of my time with the homework, and so, I should have a bit more time after September 20th.

I have no real updates since last time, I just continued to fix a bit Skedar. There's be an update when something will be done ;)

MasterPhW

Knuckles said:
school started back 4 weeks ago for me , thing that takes most of my time with the homework, and so, I should have a bit more time after September 20th.
Hihi... my school started one week ago... :p
Hope you are enjoying your REAL SCHOOL LIFE with HOMEWORKS and such things...
Relax a little and show us some pix if you've done some progress, please!

OP
Knuckles

Knuckles

Post here any opinions, bugs or questions you may have about the weapons :)

zuran

I really really cant wait to have pd weapons playable in ut2k4 because it will be more fun than ut2k4 guns :) Who didnt loved the old laptop gun with its sentry mode anyways? :bouncy:

Wokky

Hands up if you love RCP120s!

rcp120_comparison.jpg

rcp120.jpg

OP
Knuckles

Knuckles

I see that you decided to register and posts it here , hehe :)

good work again btw ;)

OP
Knuckles

Knuckles

top one is the original mesh (dumped form the game) the bottom one, as the other single one is the remodeled (fron scratch) one.

NOTE: the holes on the top in the original aren't there but it's normal, in the real game, the holes are using alpha instead of being on the model itself (lower poly count I bet)