What's new

Complex - Discussions here

Modem

ph33r teh hammy!
No clue what you're talking about. I have UT2K3 though, so if there's anything I can help with, I'm more than happy to.

Kronos

I have a rom image, how do i extract them? I would like to help.I'm going to watch some Buzz videos, any area you might want me to get good at? I have played your maps, and there are great!!! I would like to see this project get done.

OP
Knuckles

Knuckles

That's the problem, normally, I use a tile dumper, but none of the available ones can extract the textures I need, nor show them ingame (TR64 OGL doesn't show them and Nemu can't even load the map)

EDIT: finally got the textures I wanted (uning Nemu plugin in 1964). More progress will be posted later.

Last edited:
OP
Knuckles

Knuckles

Updates, complex again !

complex_A.JPG

complex_C.JPG

complex_B.JPG

complex_D.JPG

Last edited:

Viper_Viper

Omg this is awsome. I have a few questions...
1) are u using 3Ds Max 6?
2) How did you get original textures extracted?

Ive been messing around with 3Ds Max 6 and animating a link model I extracted using Nemu64 and i cant get the textures. I was just wondering if you wanted some help extracting and creating the models from Perfect Dark.

OP
Knuckles

Knuckles

1) nope
2) I'm using the icepir8's TR64 OGL plugin and the nemu gfx plugin

I know how to extract the vrml with those 2 plugins and I know how to work with them on 3ds.

OP
Knuckles

Knuckles

I'm using UnrealED 3.0b ( included with Unreal Tournament 2004). I find this editor easier to use than any other ones (3ds, maya, even zmodeler)

Viper_Viper

Hexidecimal said:
/me waits happily for these kick ass maps fo UT2004

While u wait, i show u link :), but for some reason, you see through the side faceing you, if someone knows how to get rid of this in 3Ds Max, it would help me out alot. Thanks

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
That's awesome! Will it be a UT2004 skin? or what is it for (also, get on IRC sometime or drop me a line on AIM, I would be interested in that testing we talked about a long while ago, since my computer is spiffed up with UT installed now.)

Viper_Viper

Hexidecimal said:
That's awesome! Will it be a UT2004 skin? or what is it for (also, get on IRC sometime or drop me a line on AIM, I would be interested in that testing we talked about a long while ago, since my computer is spiffed up with UT installed now.)

umm, i cant seem to extract the textures with it, witch is pissing me off, but I REALY need to know how to stop the see though in 3DsMax 6.

OP
Knuckles

Knuckles

out of subject :p

I have 3ds max 5, so I dunno if it's the same.

to fix it in 3ds max 5:
1st: select everything, go in the "utilities" tab (on the left, the little hammer)and select "collapse" then collapse selected, it will make an united mode of the whole thing
2nd: select you new model, go in the "modify" tab (same place) , in the list, click on "Editable mesh", go down a bit and select the red triangle.
3rd: go on one of your viewports and press CTRL+A (to select ALL faces)
4th: scroll down in the modify tab until you see "Surface properties" and click on the "flip" button.

It should reverse the way off all the selected faces and give you an almost perfect model.

you must have extracted it using Icepir8's TR64 OGL right? so you must do that, nemu gfx doesn't have this prob but can't run a lot Perect Dark.

Viper_Viper

Knuckles said:
out of subject :p

I have 3ds max 5, so I dunno if it's the same.

to fix it in 3ds max 5:
1st: select everything, go in the "utilities" tab (on the left, the little hammer)and select "collapse" then collapse selected, it will make an united mode of the whole thing
2nd: select you new model, go in the "modify" tab (same place) , in the list, click on "Editable mesh", go down a bit and select the red triangle.
3rd: go on one of your viewports and press CTRL+A (to select ALL faces)
4th: scroll down in the modify tab until you see "Surface properties" and click on the "flip" button.

It should reverse the way off all the selected faces and give you an almost perfect model.

you must have extracted it using Icepir8's TR64 OGL right? so you must do that, nemu gfx doesn't have this prob but can't run a lot Perect Dark.

THANK YOU SO MUCH! it worked exactly like you said. here are some photos, and I will have find a way to extract texures later.

OP
Knuckles

Knuckles

Big update time,

1st: Complex Progress:
Geometry:100%
Scale: 100%
Textures: 100%
Lighting: 100%
Paths: 100%
Weapons: 0%
Static Meshes: 0%

2nd: Screenshots!

complex_E.JPG

complex_F.JPG

complex_G.JPG

complex_H.JPG

complex_I.JPG

complex_J.JPG

:satisfied

Maps will be released soon :)

Modem

ph33r teh hammy!
Looks great, just please don't forget to tell us when it's available :D. That map would freaking rule in multiplayer with some good buddies on a lan. I miss multiplayer Goldeneye. :)

P.S. Is it going to have good bot support? I like to play UT2003 occasionally with some bots. Thanks.
- Modem

Last edited:
OP
Knuckles

Knuckles

Well, I dunno if it will work on ut2k3 since I'm now using the UT2k4 UED, it might, work, and it might not work too. Also, all maps support bots, don't worry.

Modem

ph33r teh hammy!
Oh, it's for UT2K4? All the better. I just assumed since the thread says "maps for UT2K3" that it's what it would be for. :)
- Modem

OP
Knuckles

Knuckles

well, I can't change the topic name, I started on ut2k3, but now moving for ut2k4 :p