What's new

1 time i did a combo in tony howsk pro skster number 4 on the level with the carnival

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheik124

Emutalk Member
why are you guys hatting? :D
cooliscool has somewhat of a point, but thats to be expected when you have power, people make mistakes, but move on jeez
i agree with Clements though, i haven't been around for long, but the only people i see vamp and passive ban are the losers who post gay crap like "when next chankast?" or "sorry if i'm breaking the rom rule, but where do you guys get your roms??" and i don't even know if it was one of them that banned them. vamp does "flex" his mod powers some times

Burnpro

Supar ***
cooliscool said:
And FFS, I honestly do believe a couple of admins here really have issues with power. I'd love to see how a few of you would act without that precious "ban button" by your side. Frankly, and I'm sure other users are aswell, I'm completely sick of the attitude a few admins (alright, I'll say it - vampireuk, passive). You guys really have a bit of learning to do, that's not how authority figures are supposed to act. It gives off a very bad impression of Emutalk as a whole - I'm suprised it has as many users as it still does. Go ahead - deem this post as out of control, ban me for it, whatever. It doesn't really affect me anymore.

Boy, I miss the old ET.

i was going to do a post with almost same opinion months ago but was afraid of their "ban button "... i'm still too :(

Trotterwatch

Burnpro - you won't get banned for having an opinion. There is a whole world of difference between an unconstructive flame and a well informed and argued opinion. Believe us, if you post such an opinion you will be listened to I'm sure.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
cooliscool said:
And FFS, I honestly do believe a couple of admins here really have issues with power. I'd love to see how a few of you would act without that precious "ban button" by your side. Frankly, and I'm sure other users are aswell, I'm completely sick of the attitude a few admins (alright, I'll say it - vampireuk, passive). You guys really have a bit of learning to do, that's not how authority figures are supposed to act. It gives off a very bad impression of Emutalk as a whole - I'm suprised it has as many users as it still does. Go ahead - deem this post as out of control, ban me for it, whatever. It doesn't really affect me anymore.

Boy, I miss the old ET.
I totally agree with Cooliscool. 100%

Some mods/admins (I won't name anyone) seem to over-moderate, I've even felt like some of them attack at every opertunaty, like they can't wait for an excuse to lock threads or ban someone. (note I didn't say they actually did) This is opinion and it is not conspiracy before anyone says anything, this is plainly what I have observed... i've even complained to Martin about it before (some time ago). Hell i've pretty much seen mods being total jerks.

It also seems to me that people are afraid to speak up in fear one of these trigger happy mods gives them a ban, Even I get that way.

Disclaimer: Please do not get carried away and think i'm flaming anyone in paticular, I am not technically flaming I am merely stating my opinion.

Last edited:

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
I even got a warning from vamp earlier stating that I'd be banned if I kept "it" up. Someone, please tell me where I've done anything but state my opinion on things? I feel as if their personal feelings towards me somehow makes them think they can ban me from this community. That's not how an admin should act.. Hate me, I don't care, just don't use Emutalk as a means of "punishment".. please. I find it humorous as to how vamp keeps referring to me as "kid" too.

Clements: If you only knew. Passive banned me two days ago without telling me anything, and for what, I really have absolutely no idea. Don't give me that "you flame other members" crap, because I know full well I haven't in over 2 years, unneedingly of course.

I'm not going to overdo this, I just felt I had to get those two things out, mostly. Thanks to those who understand where I'm coming from. :)

:ala:

Last edited:

sheik124

Emutalk Member
Since Trotterwatch said its alright to voice your opinion (of course, w/o flaming) I guess I'll go ahead
cooliscool, you have a pretty good point, but this is true on MANY forums, not just emutalk. i too don't want to point any (more) fingers but a couple of the mods here abuse their powers sometimes, and some are just plain nice, like Clements, blizz, Jaz, Trotterwatch, and Eagle.
EDIT: you know what, I actually think more of the mods should take an example from Trotterwatch and Clements, nicest mods i have ever encountered on a forum, and no, I am not trying to suck up or anything, just letting you guys know what I think.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
The truth is that almost EVERY single banned member hates the mod that banned him even if the mod is usually nice and friendly.
Some of the mods are too harsh sometimes (yes I'm talking about vamp and passive) but they usually have a good reason for clicking that "ban" button (this doesn't mean that they don't overdo it sometimes). I want to believe that the whole thing with cooliscool was a bad joke and passive just wanted to piss him off.

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
It's nothing personal, honestly. I don't have a problem with anyone here but those two, everyone else I get along with just fine. I really like all the other mods/admins (Clements, Trotterwatch, Martin, Allnatural, Knuckles, aswell everyone else..), and I do wish passive/vamp and I could look past it and for once get along, but any attempt I make at that fails.

Sheik124, I never said it wasn't true at other forums. I was simply addressing it here. Please don't make me out to be some kiddie trying to find someone to point a finger at. ;)

Last edited:

vampireuk

Mr. Super Clever
I shall treat you how you behave, you act like a kid on these forums thus you will be known as a kid. I suggest you leave this thread alone now and carry on elsewhere in the forums.

Don't try to play the victim, the only time I have paid any attention to you is when you were telling people to fuck off and calling them twats. So why don't you stop making things up about staff having it in for you when they really didn't care less before you started acting up again.

Last edited:

vampireuk

Mr. Super Clever
ScottJC said:
I totally agree with Cooliscool. 100%

Some mods/admins (I won't name anyone) seem to over-moderate, I've even felt like some of them attack at every opertunaty, like they can't wait for an excuse to lock threads or ban someone. (note I didn't say they actually did) This is opinion and it is not conspiracy before anyone says anything, this is plainly what I have observed... i've even complained to Martin about it before (some time ago). Hell i've pretty much seen mods being total jerks.

It also seems to me that people are afraid to speak up in fear one of these trigger happy mods gives them a ban, Even I get that way.

Disclaimer: Please do not get carried away and think i'm flaming anyone in paticular, I am not technically flaming I am merely stating my opinion.

Hmm this coming from the person who in the political threads that were recently locked did nothing but flame and swear at moderators and people who did not share his opinion. Ask yourself, if we are so bad why are you still here?

It really does tickle me that a point of mine is been proven here, scott was the sole cause of a whole bunch of threads been closed by myself and other staff members because instead of debating his opinion he screamed about how stupid everybody else is who does not agree with him. But of course we were too harsh stopping him from abusing everybody :whistling

Last edited:

Trotterwatch

I kind of think that the people argueing should take a step back and sort out the problems through a messenging system of some sort instead of in public.

Not too sure why you can't all just agree to disagree and let bygones be bygones and all that. At the moment if you all keep bringing the past up, then you ain't gonna get anywhere. Best just to forget it IMO ;)

I think I've had harsh words with several people in this thread before now, but I've forgotten what they were. Heck a few people in this thread even said they thought I was a good mod (thanks to those, I love ya too). Though I'll be the first to admit that I sometimes cross the line and go on a bit of a powertrip. I'm stopping that though now ;)

I've banned a lot of people - I would wager more than most other mods combined. Though a lot of the times I ban someone for something like a rom/bios request I will PM them beforehand asking them to remove the link ASAP. Sometimes the person complies and deletes the post/thread; sometimes they read and ignore :)

Anyways, Cooliscool and Vamp just kiss and make up (in a non gay way, although it that floated your collective boats then go ahead, haha).

Anyways the crux of this post is to try and make some sort of clean slate policy or something along those lines. Just forget all the shit of the past and move onwards.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
vampireuk said:
Hmm this coming from the person who in the political threads that were recently locked did nothing but flame and swear at moderators and people who did not share his opinion. Ask yourself, if we are so bad why are you still here?

It really does tickle me that a point of mine is been proven here, scott was the sole cause of a whole bunch of threads been closed by myself and other staff members because instead of debating his opinion he screamed about how stupid everybody else is who does not agree with him. But of course we were too harsh stopping him from abusing everybody :whistling

I knew you'd bring up THAT paticular thread (you're so predictable), I even apoligized for some of that but my opinion is my opinion... you've just proven my last post right by what you just said, you are just being a jerk.. and I never even mentioned your flipping name, haha... lame.

The sole reason a lot of threads were locked, get a grip, as far as I can remember that is the only one you've locked because of me or any other mod for that matter... in fact it wasn't even because of me because I had the sense to quit the arguement where-as you didn't, you locked it the day after.

But now you mention it, you are the main reason I have wanted to leave in the past, because you're such a jerk to me and several other members, but I came into the thinking: Why? I don't care what you think vamp and I have said that on many occasions... your opinion is totally meaningless to me and I don't care whether you agree with something I say or not to be honest, you're just some guy on another PC, in real life you're just the same as I am.. a guy with a PC.

You are totally confusing me with someone else I think, there was another Scott who wasn't me I believe... I have only outspoken in that 1 political thread for emotional reasons, but that doesn't matter at all does it? My feelings and things do not matter to such a "supreme being" such as yourself.

Go ahead and Ban me if you like, I don't give two shits.

Status
Not open for further replies.