What's new

Chankast

garrofi

Hi,

About our missing in action. Chankast has been a very stressful project, it needed a lot of time to get it working. We did an incredible work to get the first release working in only 3 months, it was a full time work. After the 0.25 release I didn't feel like doing chankast again so I took a long break, but
we have been improving a lot of things in that time. The emu is faster and need less memory to work, an early xbox version is working, it's great to see shenmue 1 on xbox :), the sound is better, ...

About the future, we are thinking about releasing the source code and a binary with the latest changes.

Garrofi

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Glad to hear these great news garrofi. You guys did an amazing job and you deserved at least a break. Unfortunately some people do not understand that... Keep it up ;)

Stezo2k

S-2K
garrofi said:
The emu is faster and need less memory to work, an early xbox version is working, it's great to see shenmue 1 on xbox :), the sound is better
Garrofi

Wow, I must say i'm very impressed, I dread to think what the speed is like on the xbox port, but wow, exceptional work :)

desertboy

Xbox N64 Emulation Fanatic
garrofi said:
Hi,

About our missing in action. Chankast has been a very stressful project, it needed a lot of time to get it working. We did an incredible work to get the first release working in only 3 months, it was a full time work. After the 0.25 release I didn't feel like doing chankast again so I took a long break, but
we have been improving a lot of things in that time. The emu is faster and need less memory to work, an early xbox version is working, it's great to see shenmue 1 on xbox :), the sound is better, ...

About the future, we are thinking about releasing the source code and a binary with the latest changes.

Garrofi

It's good to hear some progress and I'll wait with baited breath for a possible xbox port (Need something to tide me over until surreal 2.0) I have a couple of chipped box's awaiting the goodness.

Clements

ifo said:
I'm a liittle bit confused. Do you still make PC versions?

Yes. It's just that the emu is faster and can be ported to an Xbox, which is good news for everybody with a PC and Xbox.

ifo

Dreamcaster
Great! I have some (stupid) friends that says: "Dreamcast is s**t, Xbox is best!" But now i can recomend Chankast for Xbox for them and they can see how good Dreamcast is. :)

Gorxon

Administrator
Great news garrofi! (Especially the Xbox part is music to my ears ;) )

Good luck with further development to you and the rest of the team

MikeEx

this is all i wanted.
an update on whats going on

three months to get a new emulator to work on a console none have been very successfull at, and at close to perfect speed and compatability. is a great feat. you guys definately have a future in software developement.

i wouldnt doubt you guys being able to make a PS2 emulator with the same success :p

SHINLAZER

hehehehe I knew it...
Those Guys Of Chankast never disappoint me, like i said "a New version will be available soon

Great Work amigo garrofi, [a ti y a los demas que trabajan en el proyecto!]