Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Chankast

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Great news garoffi! Sorry for the late news post, my internet connection has been down since last tuesday, which is why you haven't seen me posting here either.
    Tag me @Martin and I'll get back to you ASAP

The Emulation64 Network offers you free hosting!
    Click here for requirements and contact info.

That Damn Good
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow, great news, I was getting tired of seeing threads saying that Chankast is dead and all that sh**.

Desktop: i5 3570k @ 4.5ghz, 12gb DDR 3 memory, 2x EVGA GTX670 4gb

Laptop: Intel i7 3610QM, 12GB DDR3 memory, GTX 670m 3gb

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by garrofi
    Hi,

About our missing in action. Chankast has been a very stressful project, it needed a lot of time to get it working. We did an incredible work to get the first release working in only 3 months, it was a full time work. After the 0.25 release I didn't feel like doing chankast again so I took a long break, but
    we have been improving a lot of things in that time. The emu is faster and need less memory to work, an early xbox version is working, it's great to see shenmue 1 on xbox , the sound is better, ...

About the future, we are thinking about releasing the source code and a binary with the latest changes.

Garrofi
    It needs even less memory to work? It's already working pretty well with a 128MB-SD-Ram Pentium 3 System Maybe it's just needed for the Xbox port.

Anyways, it's good to see that you are still working on it, i nearly gave the hope up an thought it has been discontinued!

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Great news indeed !
    10x Garoffi and Chankast Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Superb news for all the community, we all look forward for either the source, or a new release . Thanks a lot!

MSI 975X Power Up Edition | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 | 2GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2-800 4-4-4-12 | Seagate 60 7200RPM PATA UDMA5 & 320 SATA2| Visiontek HD 3870 | Dell 2007WFP 20.1" | SoundBlaster Audigy 2 | Jazz Speakers JS300 2.1 | LG GSA-H12N UDMA4 | Logitech G5 & G15 | Logitech Rumblepad 2 | Epson Stylus CX4700 | Windows XP+SP3 | DirectX 9.0c

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by garrofi
    Hi,

About our missing in action. Chankast has been a very stressful project, it needed a lot of time to get it working. We did an incredible work to get the first release working in only 3 months, it was a full time work. After the 0.25 release I didn't feel like doing chankast again so I took a long break, but
    we have been improving a lot of things in that time. The emu is faster and need less memory to work, an early xbox version is working, it's great to see shenmue 1 on xbox , the sound is better, ...

About the future, we are thinking about releasing the source code and a binary with the latest changes.

Garrofi
    Finally NEWS!!!!!! To be honest Garrofi: Don't let us wait so long for bits of information!!!!

Sure you don't owe us anything And we owe you alot... But when you are feeling you need a break could you plz tell we Chankast fanboys will understand.... Atleast understand way better then hearing nothing....
    P4 3.0GHz 800fsb
    2x512MB PC3200 dual channel
    ATI9800SE(softmodded to pro)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Woooooo

Thank Garoffi, was fearing chankast was going to turn into another icarus situation where the devs have just left the scene without saying a word. Cant wait for the next release i can sleep safe tonight.

Need a hand with anything drop me a line.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by life_247
    Woooooo

Thank Garoffi, was fearing chankast was going to turn into another icarus situation where the devs have just left the scene without saying a word. Cant wait for the next release i can sleep safe tonight.

Need a hand with anything drop me a line.

they didnt just leave the scene, infact at least 2 of the devs from icarus helped with chankast, ector and zezu.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah i know but ZeZu was a late addition to the team and ector only devloped the dynerac and the GFX cyrus dissapeared and no one knew where he went to. None of the devs post at the forum anymore.

I knew they were involved with chankast.

ZERO_TOP_HELPER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Nothing i could say it seems that you guyz must have improve the emulation core i personly think that the gui and programe running memory must also has been improved
    also i think the sync sound will be fixed
    keep up the good work you are always great to make 8 work

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast