What's new

Chankast

Martin

Administrator
Great news garoffi! Sorry for the late news post, my internet connection has been down since last tuesday, which is why you haven't seen me posting here either. :p

-Shadow-

Banned
garrofi said:
Hi,

About our missing in action. Chankast has been a very stressful project, it needed a lot of time to get it working. We did an incredible work to get the first release working in only 3 months, it was a full time work. After the 0.25 release I didn't feel like doing chankast again so I took a long break, but
we have been improving a lot of things in that time. The emu is faster and need less memory to work, an early xbox version is working, it's great to see shenmue 1 on xbox :), the sound is better, ...

About the future, we are thinking about releasing the source code and a binary with the latest changes.

Garrofi

It needs even less memory to work? It's already working pretty well with a 128MB-SD-Ram Pentium 3 System :happy: Maybe it's just needed for the Xbox port.

Anyways, it's good to see that you are still working on it, i nearly gave the hope up an thought it has been discontinued!

Federelli

Beta Tester
Superb news for all the community, we all look forward for either the source, or a new release :). Thanks a lot!

Heinster

garrofi said:
Hi,

About our missing in action. Chankast has been a very stressful project, it needed a lot of time to get it working. We did an incredible work to get the first release working in only 3 months, it was a full time work. After the 0.25 release I didn't feel like doing chankast again so I took a long break, but
we have been improving a lot of things in that time. The emu is faster and need less memory to work, an early xbox version is working, it's great to see shenmue 1 on xbox :), the sound is better, ...

About the future, we are thinking about releasing the source code and a binary with the latest changes.

Garrofi

Finally NEWS!!!!!! To be honest Garrofi: Don't let us wait so long for bits of information!!!!

Sure you don't owe us anything ;) And we owe you alot... But when you are feeling you need a break could you plz tell we Chankast fanboys will understand.... Atleast understand way better then hearing nothing....

life_247

Woooooo :party:

Thank Garoffi, was fearing chankast was going to turn into another icarus situation where the devs have just left the scene without saying a word. Cant wait for the next release i can sleep safe tonight.

Need a hand with anything drop me a line.

refraction

PCSX2 Coder
life_247 said:
Woooooo :party:

Thank Garoffi, was fearing chankast was going to turn into another icarus situation where the devs have just left the scene without saying a word. Cant wait for the next release i can sleep safe tonight.

Need a hand with anything drop me a line.

they didnt just leave the scene, infact at least 2 of the devs from icarus helped with chankast, ector and zezu.

life_247

Yeah i know but ZeZu was a late addition to the team and ector only devloped the dynerac and the GFX cyrus dissapeared and no one knew where he went to. None of the devs post at the forum anymore.

I knew they were involved with chankast.

abba

ZERO_TOP_HELPER
Nothing i could say it seems that you guyz must have improve the emulation core i personly think that the gui and programe running memory must also has been improved
also i think the sync sound will be fixed
keep up the good work you are always great to make 8 work

WhiteX

garrofi, those are great news, making mine the words of the dreaded Dr. Betruger i might say that "amazing things will happen here soon..."

THX, man!

ggab

Emutalk Member
excellent news:
thanks for the hard work the team has done

i remember hearing to Sonic & Emulatronia´s radio show, (FM Badalona, spain) well, PTS, telling us about you and the new chankast´s emulator ;)

nos vemos, Garrofi. Saludos :)

-indecisive-

WOW!!! this is reallly great news! the dc emu scene is looking to have a bright future thansk to you guys. really, can't thank you guys enough.
this news is tooo good :D

Masterem

Just Glad To Hear From Ya.

Just good to know that this emu project dident go under like the dolphin project.

Herecles

I don't know, I mean its been a long time since we've seen any updates, and the message from garof at the beginning of this thread seems just a little too good to be true.
Im not trying to put anyone down, its just i got a bad feeling about it.