What's new

Vbulletin anoyance

Cyberman

I noticed a rather bothersome anoyance in Vbulletin.
It doesn't use the time differential to put posts in your time zone.. so if someone posts in your time 11pm CST. it's actually show as 5 am GMT which is a tad anoying since if you might have wanted to talk to the person on IRC OR you have no idea when they will read the next message.. etc etc.

:)
Cyb

OP
Cyberman

Cyberman

An Adendum.. it looks like you have to LOGIN in order for it to work.. possibly something to do with cookies not being persistant? hmmm
Cookies and vb what fun :)

Cyb

Martin

Administrator
If course it doesn't work unless you're logged in. Your time zone is stored in your user profile, and if you're not logged in, it won't show. :cool:

Cookies? Umm? How about users that share the same IP? Which time zone should it pick? :p

OP
Cyberman

Cyberman

Cookies are things stuffed into the browser.. you shouldn't have to worry about IP addresses to verify a user, just the current browser that's accessing the server with the proper cookie.

I do hate cookies because a lot of companies abuse them send 3rd party cookies (hotmail yahoo) 3rd party cookies are dangerous because you don't know what they are storing on your system and you don't know from where they are storing it. This is how your email gets filled with crap from people wanting you to buy the broklyn bridge.

In any case (ahem) :) I suppose loging in is mandatory so I don't get confused at the times ;)

How's school going anyhow for ya?