What's new

Blur effect not working on Perfect Dark or Conker's BFD

adamcooldude

Hi. Im new so please be nice. Ive just jumped back on board the Emu scene since it's come on lots since i last used a N64 emu 3 years ago. I would also like to thank all the people who worked their butts off just to get emulation to what it is today.

Anyway my problem is that in perfect dark (when punched/camspy and) conker's BFD( pause screen/ first person drunk vision) you have this blur effect. The only problem is that it's not working and just showing corrupt graphics.

Heres a couple of screen shots to show what i mean.
not_working.JPG

not_working_Con.JPG

I managed to actually get the blur to work but in PD there was horrible slowdown and graphical artifacts and in conker the camera would go crazy. Anyway heres the settings i found worked to get the blur effect to work.
settings.JPG

working.JPG

Is there anyway to get this effect to work properly as both games are unplayable with the effect working or is it a matter of waiting for a EMU/plugin update? Heres my specs

Emu specs:
1964 0.99 (Same with PJ64)
Rice Video 5.6.0 fix4 (Same with all other 5.6.0's)
N-Range input 1.83
Azimers audio RS fix

System specs:
Asus 9800XT (Cat 4.9's)
Amd 64 3700+ ([email protected] but tryed running at stock for testing)
1024mb OCZ EB (@ 245mhz DDR)
MSI K8N-Neo Plat (Latest Bios)
Windows XP SP1a (Fully up to date)
74gb raptor/300gb Maxtor 16mb

Thanks for the help ACD

Last edited:

ggab

Emutalk Member
:D GLide 64 v0.7 ME SP7 + Hacktarux's wrapper :D

Regards, Gabriel. (Framerate is life :) )

OP
A

adamcooldude

ggab said:
:D GLide 64 v0.7 ME SP7 + Hacktarux's wrapper :D

Regards, Gabriel. (Framerate is life :) )

Cheers mate. Would it be better using a wrapper on my current system or using my old P4 2.4ghz 512mb system and using a old Voodoo 5500 i got lying around?

ggab

Emutalk Member
try both :) (thanks to Hacktarux [and Dave2001, Gugaman, Gonetz too, they are the 3 :king: :king: :king: & authors :D ], in non voodoo PCs, glide64 looks really awesome! ;) )

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and for a v5, use these new and excelent drivers set:

AMIGAMERLIN 3.1 R1 with 3dfx Tools for Voodoo 4/5 - Win2k/XP
http://www.3dfxzone.it/news/puntatore.php?uid=414

or

Evolution Drivers Series Expert Edition for v4/5 ver. 1.01.16 - Win9x/ME
http://evolutiondrivers.webcindario.com/downloads.htm

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS: Gandalf, thanks :sombrero: :police: :fireman: :chef: jeje.
And this is the funny gandalf's smily version :sorcerer: jua! :evil:

PPS: sorry..... here is the About Box

Last edited:
OP
A

adamcooldude

Tried the Glide Plugin with my Voodoo 5500 PCi in this PCI and yes it is very nice and a lot better than using a wrapper. The only thing is the quality is no where near as good as running it on the 9800XT with Rice Video Plugin (6xFSAA 16XAF). From what i can see there is no best plugin. You have to keep juggling them to get the best performance out of a game! Although not being the best graphically the Glide64 one does seem to be the most compatable.

Last edited: