What's new

Rewriting N-Rage DirectInput8 Transfer Pak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
An official release, huh? That's pretty cool. I'm still curious to see if the problem in paper mario is fixed.

OP
MadManMarkAu

MadManMarkAu

Transfer Pak Expert
yes, it's fixed. You need to select the Slow Rapid Fire options as well as the Rapid Fire option, and it'll work beautifuly. Yeah, I tried it with 1964 as well as PJ64 1.4 and 1.5. That's how I know it's only 1.5 that screws up.

retroK

Hi MadManMarkAu,

thanks a lot for the release. Could you please summarize the changes to the latest official release?

Kind regards,
Francisco

OP
MadManMarkAu

MadManMarkAu

Transfer Pak Expert
Umm, sure. But please, don't put it up on any sites just yet. I want to make doubly sure that there's nothing wrong with it before I let people put it on their site.

Change summary for version 1.83:
- Rewrote GB Cart emulation (Now supports ROM-only, MBC1, MBC2, MBC3 and MBC5 carts)
- Added support for GB Cart RTC based on VisualBoy Advance save format.
- Added option for slower rapid-fire in macros. Fixes problems with some games like Paper Mario.
- Added optional and adjustable rapid fire to standard input keys.

I think that's about it...

Last edited:

retroK

Oops, too late. I already posted it on my site.
Should I take it down again?

Thanks for the changelog

OP
MadManMarkAu

MadManMarkAu

Transfer Pak Expert
Probably, yeah. Just leave it for a few days, and if nobody complains about bugs, feel free to post it. :)

jeffkong

I'm sorry if this is inappropriate to ask

but could this plugin ever feature a speed up key, like in Visual Boy Advance?

OP
MadManMarkAu

MadManMarkAu

Transfer Pak Expert
Speed Up key? You mean, like a turbo mode? PJ64 already has this feature. As long as you don't have "Sync Game to Audio" selected in your audio plugin, you can use the F4 key to make the game run at the fastest your CPU can handle.

jeffkong

I've always wanted to do this in Project 64!

BTW, if anyone wants to enable this, advanced options must be on.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Just so you know, such things as speed up buttons must be implemted in the emulator =)
The input plugin handles, as its name states, the input from the controllers.

OP
MadManMarkAu

MadManMarkAu

Transfer Pak Expert
Ok, it looks like nobody is complaining about bugs or issues, so I'm now allowing Emu sites to host the plugin. Check the release post for the info you'll need.

OP
MadManMarkAu

MadManMarkAu

Transfer Pak Expert
Man, this Pokemon is a pain in the ass... I'm wondering, is there a register that freezes the R4300i, just like there is for the RSP? I'm determined to get these 2 processors to multitask.

Can anyone who knows about the N64 tell me? I'd like some documentation on how the RSP and R4300i interact on the low level, if anyone has any.

Last edited:

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
no, r4300i is never stopped... You don't really need multitask, you need emulated multitask: if you use threads, emulation will probably be wrong as your r4300 and rsp threads won't run at the same speed as on the console. Maybe you can fix your problem by only delaying the rsp interupt instead of immediately doing it after the task is executed. That's what i do in mupen64 and it fixes many games such as taz express...

OP
MadManMarkAu

MadManMarkAu

Transfer Pak Expert
I'm not letting windows multitask the RSP, I'm calling the RSP every x R4300i cycles. I think it's either 3 or 6 cycles, bepending on whether the RSP is able to process on just the rising egde or both the rising and falling egde of the clock pulse. The R4300i does it on rising and falling. But it still doesn't like doing it.

Do you have any technical material on the N64 I can read? I don't know anyting about the interupts. Or much else, for that matter. I only started working on this a few weeks ago, and before that, I've had no exposure to the N64 internal architecture.

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
search for n64ops by anarko on dextrose. I would suggest checking if you have to switch from r4300 to rsp of from rsp to r4300 only when i jump instruction occurs. I think that's the only way you can do it with the dynarec cores anyway.

OP
MadManMarkAu

MadManMarkAu

Transfer Pak Expert
ah, I already have n64ops... I was refering to how the interupts, virtual memory/paging and others I can't think work. But, doesn't matter, I'm learning their uses from the pj64 source code.

Status
Not open for further replies.