What's new

Arafat dying?

Eagle

aka Alshain
What good is his death going to get you. Should he die, he will be replaced by a younger, probably worse leader.

smegforbrain

I went to a book signing a few months back for an author who wrote something based on an event like this.

In the end, he said it comes down to the fact that Arafat is a Known Quantity. We know who he is, where he is, and what he's about.
The same went for Saddam.

Well, if Arafat dies or is killed, you don't know who will replace him. It becomes an Unknown Quantity, and therefore, unpredictable.

Pretty much like what happened after we removed Saddam from power in Iraq.

2fast4u

im not sure if one should be looking forward to that considering the void it would leave in the palestenian diplomacy. currently i think they arent exactly prepared for replacing him at all. theres probably more risk than good in that compared to a normal switch in the palestenian leadership.

Eagle

aka Alshain
Only time will tell, but do we have to make this into another presidential race political depate Alpha. I mean if you dont know who your gonna vote for now, then your in trouble. If you do know then no campaining on EmuTalk is gonna change your mind so why does everything have to refer back to Kerry and Bush.

willljjj

Banned
Eagle said:
Only time will tell, but do we have to make this into another presidential race political depate Alpha. I mean if you dont know who your gonna vote for now, then your in trouble. If you do know then no campaining on EmuTalk is gonna change your mind so why does everything have to refer back to Kerry and Bush.

Maybe you could list the differences here between Sharon and Arafat and help inform the public on something a little more obscure.

The Bush/Kerry debate is alot more obvious. Bush is a war criminal who should be behind bars.

Stalkid64

Citizen(sixty)four
willljjj said:
Maybe you could list the differences here between Sharon and Arafat and help inform the public on something a little more obscure.

The Bush/Kerry debate is alot more obvious. Bush is a war criminal who should be behind bars.
He should be in one of those `special padded cells` more than anything.

OP
vampireuk

vampireuk

Mr. Super Clever
willljjj said:

Why don't you offer some evidence instead of spurting the same childish crap idiots do?

-Shadow-

Banned
vampireuk said:
Why don't you offer some evidence instead of spurting the same childish crap idiots do?

If i understood it right , you want an evidence that Bush is a War criminal or a dictator ? I found a dictator test , http://www.poisonedminds.com/tests/dic/ , the text about bush there makes some sense IMHO !

Dictator test said:
Bush.jpg

"Wait, I'm not a dictator!" you cry! Well lets look at the check list: Unelected? Check! Use wars and xenophobia to boost popularity? Check! Total control of the media so they never say a bad word against you? Check! Kill scores of innocent people to get what you want? Check! Do anything to get your hands on oil? Check! Inhumane treatment of prisoners? Check! Face it, you're a dictator, and no amount of gloss will hide that fact… or the fact you're a borderline retard who looks like a monkey!

I i missed the topic as usual , I STFU already :(

zAlbee

Keeper of The Iron Tail
vampireuk said:
hm, i'm curious. what's your reason for supporting bush?

After a 50/50 election, and a general global dislike of bush, i had assumed the american voters would at LEAST shift 55/45 towards democrat. but it hasn't.

What's the deal? Are the right-wing values (economic-independence, christian values) so solidified that no one would shift regardless if they disagreed on international relations? Or do they really like a government that takes international justice into its own hands? (Quite conceivable, as this puts power of a global magnitude into the hands of American voters, at least seemingly. This is bad for most of the international community, as the States can effectively ignore our views - which we express to our gov't, which takes it to the UN - and do whatever they want.)

Maybe Kerry just sucks too much? He certainly hasn't played his cards right. Still I'd rather have Kerry, and have him change his mind based on public opinion, because hey, he's listening to your damn opinion, and not just faking it. Sticking to principles and not letting up might be a virtue in some cases, but face it, you're not always going to be right. The public changes their opinion too. Bush is unwillingly to admit mistakes and that's a liability.

OP
vampireuk

vampireuk

Mr. Super Clever
hm, i'm curious. what's your reason for supporting bush?

He is a strong leader and a extremely intelligent man who is leading those who have the balls to stand against terrorism around the world.

After a 50/50 election, and a general global dislike of bush, i had assumed the american voters would at LEAST shift 55/45 towards democrat. but it hasn't.

Because American's don't care what Europe or anyone else thinks, it is their country and they will pick who THEY want running it, not anybody else.

Eagle

aka Alshain
Yup, it went into a political debate anyway. I guess if you cant beat em....

vampireuk said:
He is a strong leader and a extremely intelligent man who is leading those who have the balls to stand against terrorism around the world.

You can't honestly believe that he is intelligent when he can't even speak decent American english.

Because American's don't care what Europe or anyone else thinks, it is their country and they will pick who THEY want running it, not anybody else.

Exactly, thats why I say GO KERRY :p

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
...and I sometimes wonder why a lot of the world hates America.

Last edited:
OP
vampireuk

vampireuk

Mr. Super Clever
You can't honestly believe that he is intelligent when he can't even speak decent American english.

Typical ignorance right there Eagle, you obviously know nothing about Bush aside from the fact that he messes up while speaking now and again, the fact is he is smarter than you. He is smarter than me, he is probably smarter than 99.9% of the members at emutalk. Form your own view of bush instead of listening what the moronic left has to say about him. You don't graduate from Yale by been a idiot, oh and Bush is also more intelligent than Kerry ;)

Perhaps if you want to engage in a political discussion you should do more than throw out typical insults about Bush's intelligence :rolleyes:

...and I sometimes wonder why a lot of the world hates America.

Because they don't let another country decide who runs their country? That's quite a arrogant statement but I expect nothing less from people who know nothing about the US other than Bush = oil.

GogoTheMimic

Pimpin' Red Mage
vampireuk said:
You don't graduate from Yale by been a idiot

Yeah, that nice 2 point he graduated with sure is nice.

Regardless, I hate both candidates, do we really need a President?

I'll probably vote for Kerry more out of my spite for Bush than anything else. Kerry may change his mind but it's not from lack of principles, it's because he realizes that his previous choice was a bad idea. Bush can't even admit he fucked up in Iraq. Good job hippy.

OP
vampireuk

vampireuk

Mr. Super Clever
Yeah, that nice 2 point he graduated with sure is nice.

Have you graduated from such a prestigous university?

Regardless, I hate both candidates, do we really need a President?

Yes comrade I'm afraid so.

I'll probably vote for Kerry more out of my spite for Bush than anything else

I think this sums it up perfectly, most people don't even know much about the election but they will vote because Bush is bad.

Bush can't even admit he fucked up in Iraq. Good job hippy

Explain how he fucked up? Also he approved a war therefore he cannot be a hippy, think before you apply silly insults to people ;)