What's new

Member Rank

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
Just wondering if it would be a good idea to put a member rank.IMO this rank should not based on the user's number of posts. It should be baded on member's join date. What do you think?

Knuckles

it wouldn't work :p
look, -Shadow- got more spam postd than anything else :
if "post number > 900 = "Pure Spam-er" then you look at other members that got over 900 (with me), it doesn't mean we all spam ( I think) , and if it's "helpful member" , it won't work for people that are (only) making spam posts :p

Clements

There already is a ranking system:-

-Emutalk Member
-Super Moderator
-Adminstrator

Any other kind of ranking promotes spamming (*cough*ngemu*cough*)

Gorxon

Administrator
Off-topic, and completely uninteresting, but we don't have Super Moderators anymore.

About member ranking, won't happen. If you're a smart guy who provide good answers you'll build up a recognition anyways...or something.

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Mhh... yeah btw (I will be a super spammer like shadow): but what was the difference between a mod and a super mod? And please don't say the Super before the word mod! :p

Clements

I think they are like an ordinary moderator but can moderate all forums a bit like an Admin can, but without full Admin powers. Correct me if I'm wrong.

-Shadow-

Banned
Knuckles said:
it wouldn't work :p
look, -Shadow- got more spam postd than anything else :
if "post number > 900 = "Pure Spam-er" then you look at other members that got over 900 (with me), it doesn't mean we all spam ( I think) , and if it's "helpful member" , it won't work for people that are (only) making spam posts :p

Well , i've helped lots of people in the past , but now there are mostly just questions asked which have been already asked 100 times !

Examples : "WTF WEAR TEH ROMZ ?" or "Oh no , why does GC game XXX doesn't work with 60fps and savestates ? Pls help kthx !!!1 ( insert at least 10 smilies here )" or "GIMMEH TEH BETA OR U SUCK !"

I think the level of ET sunk abit since the GC and DC forums are open , the 2 forums are just like two huge electric Magnets and the nubs are small nails...

BTW : Doomulation spams more than me , no discussion :p

@Clements : IMO a super moderator can Moderate all Forums globally , a normal Mod can only moderate his area ( if it was meant so anyway , I STFU already... )

Last edited:

Knuckles

-Shadow- said:
BTW : Doomulation spams more than me , no discussion :p

Nothing to say against this :p

But true,

Moderator = can ban/unban users and moderate the forum(s) they are in (like me, I can only moderate the Dolphin forum)
Super Moderator = Can ban/unban users, modify peoples profile and can moderate all the forums.
Admin : Can see and modify Everything :p

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
t0rek said:
Just wondering if it would be a good idea to put a member rank.IMO this rank should not based on the user's number of posts. It should be baded on member's join date. What do you think?
It already says when you've registrated, why make a rank out of it?