What's new

Compatibility List

DarthDazDC

An Alright Guy
I was tired of searchin though the 40+ pages thats on the Compatibility thread, so as i wasnt doin anythin, i've done a compatibility list, its small a the moment but it'll eventually get bigger.
UPDATE: I've now added the other games, thanks to everyone so far, soon I'll add the region for each game as well, but for the meantime you should be ok with this.
UPDATE 2:Added Bio Hazard 4, trial edition, not sure if that's right, and corrected 'rouge' in 2 rogue squadron games.
UPDATE 3: Added some more games, corrected Capcom VS Snk 2 typo, if anyone has billy hatcher pm me for how it tests on dolphin teaser.

1080: Avalanche: Unplayable, shows an AX-Command error
18 Wheeler: All modes playable, except for arcade, but shows messy graphics.
Ace Golf: Unplayable, crashes after loading screen
Action Replay: Playable, gives an unknown SI command, then runs.
Animal Crossing: Unplayable, shows Nintendo screen, then stops
Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg (NTSC) : Playable but in interpreter mode only? (notes from INI extracted, couldn't test it)
Bomberman Generation (NTSC) : Unplayable, only shows 2 (very quick appearing) Intro Screens then stays black
Burnout: Unplayable, shows black screen
Beach Spikers (NTSC) : Unplayable, loads and gets really far, but after some illegal commands in the GFX algorithm nothing really continues, except for mixed up gfx screens appearing
BeyBlade 2002: Magnetag Battle (JAP) : Playable, but text is unreadable, GFX are sometimes missing, and there are occasional slowdowns
Beyond Good and Evil: Unplayable, boots but then freezes
Bio Hazard 4 Trial Edition: Unplayable, shows title screen, then freezes, from what i've read.
Bust a Move 3000: Playable, speeds of 60-70 FPS
Capcom vs SNK 2 EO: Unplayable, crashes when pressing start at the title screen
Casper: Spirit Dimensions (PAL) : Unplayable, BUT after showing a lot of screens (slowly) and an intro (can't be watched till the end, hangs sometimes) the screen stay black but the SOUND continues
Crazy Taxi: Playable, but slow and screen is dark
Cubivore: Unplayable, shows black screen
Darkened Eyes: Playable, but very slow
Donkey Konga (Jap) : Unplayable, doesn't Boot.
Donkey Konga 2 (Jap) : Unplayable, doesn't Boot.
Dragonball Z Budokai: Unplayable, shows black screen
Eternal Darkness: Unplayable, doesn’t boot
Final Fantasy: Chrystal Chronicles: Unplayable, loads menu, then crashes
F-Zero GX: Unplayable, shows title screens then freezes
Freeloader: Unplayable, shows green lines below the logo of Freeloader, must have framebuffer enabled
Harvest Moon (NTSC) : Playable, but very slow, text not readable and shows many GFX errors
Hitman 2 – Silent Assassin: Unplayable, shows mfsr-impl error, then shows Nintendo logo and crashes
Hot Wheels World Racing: Unplayable, shows Nintendo logo, then freezes
Ikaruga: Playable for a minute, then crashes
Kirby’s Air Ride: Playable, shows ingame, crashes after first few minutes
Legend of Zelda, Collectors Edition (PAL) : Unplayable, hangs at the "Reading the Game Disk" Screen
Legend of Zelda Four Swords: Unplayable, shows black screen
Legend of Zelda, Wind Waker: Playable, but very slow (1fps in game)
Luigi’s Mansion: Unplayable, shows Nintendo logo and freezes
Made in Wario: Unplayable, Menus run perfectly, but ingame graphics are corrupt and so are the text
Mario Kart Double Dash: Playable, menus work, when in a race use wire frame to see
Mario Party 4: Unplayable, shows intro in black and white
Mario Party 5: Unplayable, crashes when the game is selected
Mario Story 2 (Jap) : Unplayable, doesn't boot, shows AX errors.
Mega Man: Network Transmission: Unplayable, Capcom and Akira logo can be shown in interpreter mode, but then freezes
Metroid Prime: Unplayable, doesn't boot
Micro Machines: Unplayable, but can show intro movie
Naruto Gekitou Ninja Taisen 2 (NTSC) : Unplaayble, only shows a glitchy intro and a game demo, but if you press a button "READ: Cache address out of bounds" error message appears
Naruto Gekitou Ninja Taisen: Unplayable, glitchy intro, shows game demo, but when you try to play, error message appears that says "READ: Cache address out of bounds".
NBA Street 2: Unplayable, shows black screen
Nintendo Puzzle Collection: Playable, but runs slow
PAC-MAN Vs. (NTSC) : Unplayable, shows black screen
Paper Mario 2 (USA) : Unplayable, lots of shows AX errors, keep pressing ENTER to get screens (can't go to the title screen)
Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1+2: Unplayable, doesn’t boot
Pikmin 2: Unplayable, shows black screen
Pikmin: Unplayable, shows black screen at 100fps
Pokémon Box: Ruby & Sapphire (NTSC) : Unplayable, mainly because you would need an (emulated) GBA-connection to "play" it.
Prince of Persia, Sands of Time: Unplayable, shows 2 errors while loading
Resident Evil 0: Playable, reaches in game and crashes
Resident Evil Remake: Unplayable, shows in game but messed up graphics
Resident Evil: Code Veronica X: Unplayable, shows all copyright screens and title screen, then crashes when trying to play.
Robotech: Battle Cry: Playable
Simpsons: Hit and Run: Unplayable, shows Unimplemanted and OpCode errors
Smashing Drive (NTSC) : Unplayable, hangs at the "Licensed by Nintendo" screen
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle: Unplayable, crashes after going ingame
Sonic Heroes: Unplayable, doesn’t boot
Sonic Mega Collection: Unplayable, loads through all the menus with flickers, then crashes when you click on a game.
Soul Calibur 2: Unplayable, crashes when game is selected
SSX Tricky: Unplayable, doesn’t boot
SSX 3: Unplayable, shows loading screen then crashes
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron 2: Unplayable, shows an "unhandled mtsr_impl" error followed by AX-Command error, then freezes.
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron 3: Unplayable, shows message instruction unimplemented, unhandled Mtsr_impl
Starfox Adventures: Unplayable, repeatedly shows AX-Command error
Super Mario Sunshine: Unplayable, but shows messed up graphics when controlling Mario and when on the loading screen
Super Monkey Ball 2: Unplayable, crashes when Presented by Sega is shown
Super Monkey Ball: Unplayable, AX-Command error
Super Puzzle Bobble All Stars (NTSC) : Playable, 60 FPS and only minor glitches
Super Smash Bros Melee: Playable by Chosker’s method:
- put cpu is in dynarec (will work faster)
- load the game
- go to options
- select the 4th item (the japanese text) and press X, press left and then press X, the game menu will change to japanese
- press X (you'll enter back the Language menu) press right, press X, the game menu will change to english again
- get out of options and go play whatever you want
Super Smash Brothers Melee (NTSC) : Playable by using the trick (explained above)
Tales of Symphonia: Unplayable, shows opening FMVs then crashes
Tarzan: Unplayable, boots but shows black screen
Tetris: Playable, but has to have framebuffer enabled in order to play
Timesplitters 2: Playable, you can go ingame, but then crashes in the first few minutes
Tonka Rescue Patrol (NTSC) : Unplayable, only shows a black screen
Viewtful Joe: Unplayable, shows black screen, but keeps running.
Wario World: Unplayable, boots but then freezes
Wave Race Blue Storm: Unplayable, shows black screen
Worms Blast: Unplayable, shows black screen
WWF Wrestlemania X8: Unplayable, shows black screen

fixed by Knuckles:
-the SSBM method order wasn't in the good order
-Fixed Paper Mario 2 compat.

Last edited:

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Better Idea, if it's allowed, we do add all these games to the games.ini and update them... have a updated in my dolphin folder, but don't post this, if it's not allowed... so, mods???
/me looks very nice to them
Would be better for n00bs, because they don't will ask all the time (okay, most of them will do...) they will only have to look in their updated ini and that's it, so?
Other comments, oppinions?

JinXD

I've been thinking of posting my games.ini for a while now. It's a better idea than simply posting a list of game names, and any users asking about a games compatability can be told to update their games.ini and STFU :D

Stalkid64

Citizen(sixty)four
Don't see why an .ini wouldn't be allowed. Would definitely be useful for a lot of people, I'd say go for it.
EDIT: Plus I really want to play this "Rouge" Squadron I keep hearing so much about ;).

Dysprosium

Graphics Designer
Few corrections here and there..

Super Monkey Ball: Unplayable, AX-Command error

Nonsense. I can get to the loading screen. :p

Kirby’s Air Ride: Playable, shows ingame, crashes after first few minutes

I tried it, it can only get in Top Ride to play. It crashes when I try to enter gameplay in City Trial and Air Ride.

Other then that, I can't see anything wrong with it.. but you might want to add the following :

Donkey Konga (Jap): Doesn't Boot.
Donkey Konga 2 (Jap): Doesn't Boot.
Mario Story 2 (Jap): Doesn't Boot. AX errors.
Paper Mario 2 (USA): Doesn't Boot. AX errors.

._.

JinXD

Also,
Wave Race Blue Storm: goes as far as the menu.

I'm also testing which games you should/shouldn't shrink. Since the "shrunk" image can sometimes be alot larger than the original, after that I'll post my ini....

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Harvest Moon (NTSC): Works&Playbale, but not enjoyable! Very slow, text not readable and many (I really mean many) Gfx errors

Legend of Zelda, Collectors Edition (PAL): Doesn't work, hangs at the "Reading the Game Disk" Screen!

Naruto Gekitou Ninja Taisen 2 (NTSC): Doesn't work, too, only shows a glitchy intro and a game demo, but if you press a button "READ: Cache address out of bounds" error message appears

PAC-MAN Vs. (NTSC): Unplayable! Only shows a black screen!

Pokémon Box: Ruby & Sapphire (NTSC): Doesn't really works, because you would need an (emulated) GBA-connection to "play" it.

Smashing Drive (NTSC): Doesn't work, hangs at the "Licensed by Nintendo" screen!

Super Smash Brothers Melee (NTSC): Doesn't work, you can get to the menu but after this it crashed! (doesn't work with the trick... probably only with the PAL Version)

Super Puzzle Bobble All Stars (NTSC): Works&Playable! Good speed (full FPS!) and only minor glitches!

Tonka Rescue Patrol (NTSC): Doesn't work,shows only a black screen!

Last edited:

Knuckles

SSBM (US) works perfectly with the change language thing, it's the version I have here.

CoDeX

Emutalk Member
Biohazar 4 Trial Edition - Work menu and video demo
Luigi's Mansion - Menu and intro
Mario Kart - work, slow, graphics errors and very blue
Pacman vs - Work intro - need gameboy advanze
The Tower Of Druaga - Not work
The Legend of Zelda Four Swords Adventures - Only Menu, need Game boy advanze
Road TRip Arcade Edition - Not work
Wario World - Work, slow, graphics errors

DarthDazDC ... if you are willing to help me, we could put that list in a Database format. you would have to specify the fields and the possible values (or variable values) ... then i could make something dynamic. for example ... what if you want the list in order of Playable to Not Playable? ... or what if you want the list in Alphabetical order? ... or if you just want something standard so you can more easily read what's going on. if you want an example, i have developed a Nintendo database which i'm still working on ... it's purposes are a secret and it's as follows:

http://24.78.82.137/nintendo/listing.aspx

if the link doesn't work, it means i'm getting too many hits ... i'm not running server software and Windows XP will only allow something stupid like 10 external hits a minute ... i'm not sure ... 5 ... i'm not sure.

CoDeX

Emutalk Member
UPS thought that it was of all the dolphins :S :whistling :whistling :whistling :huh: :huh: :bye3:
because I have not read in any side that is of the Teaser :S

Gorxon

Administrator
I think posting .ini's would be okay ;)

In fact, it's just nice that you work on updating them.

Knuckles

As soon as this compatibility list will be completed, I will put a new topic with the updated list sticky with the ini. If a new game is tested , I will update the ini and update the list.

It might now avoid people making useless topics like "is XXXX working?" and so.

Also, CoDeX, don't you think normal that it a compatiblity list would be for 1 version only? since both version got a diff. one? The Beta Compatiblity list will be here as soon as the version itself will be released.

Last edited:

V99

pwner
99.9% of all games are unplayable..... making GC emu is like trying to walk from LA to New York its impossible :p

nice list tho

CoDeX

Emutalk Member
Knuckles: I believe that neither hey statement anything bad, opens me confused, anything more.

jareg

Just A Guy
o man i think i am too lazy for this
Well everything i have tested is in the compatibility thread ;)

PS:Just got back from my vacation i was in sweden :)

OP
DarthDazDC

DarthDazDC

An Alright Guy
Thanks for your replies, I'm goin to update the list as soon as ive finished sum things I've gotta sort out, but it prob will be done tonight.

Knuckles

we're are gonna keep that thread to put updates on the list, and I will make a locked Sticky thread with latest updates on top to avoid lazy people to not search and make useless topic *sigh*